+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2020 timelines please

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Just warning those pregnant women, a family can not quarantine with you because pregnant women are more vulnerable and could end up going to the hospital. A separate suite in the basement is likely possible and your partner should avoid bringing them home from the hospital.
Thanks Canuck, we will take consideration of your advice when we get the visa and have a plan for coming.

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Again, anyone has the same problem as mine?
---
I want to apply supervisa for my father but when I started the process on cic, it doesn't generate the list for super visa although I answered all of their questions to be able to submit a supervisa! (like visit, stay more than 6 months, have child who is PR). They say my father need a visitor visa- more than 6 months. Does it exist? The list required doesn't look like the one I had with my mom, they did not ask for insurance neither the proof of income from inviting child.

I sent a technical request to ask but surely, they take (a lot) time to feedback so I want to check with you guys here if anyone having the same issue?
----
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
I tried this one and it's the same result, are they not allowing new supervisa?

ZebaAli12

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Applying for mother:
Application date - 15 July 2020
waiting

please post your timelines so far
Hey, I also wanted to apply for my parents, I wanna know what reason did you mention for their visit? As IRCC says they will not issue visa for travel and entertainment purposes. and what did you mention in the itinerary? Thanks

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Hey, I also wanted to apply for my parents, I wanna know what reason did you mention for their visit? As IRCC says they will not issue visa for travel and entertainment purposes. and what did you mention in the itinerary? Thanks
In the application form I mentionned VISIT (which is a mistake), and in the letter I explained she is coming for 1.5m (so more than 2 weeks - their requirement to allow PR's immediate family to come).
You should follow their instruction to avoid my mistake : (In application, choose OTHER and write COVID-19 so that your parent's application could be prioritized)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html#apply-visa

ZebaAli12

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
In the application form I mentionned VISIT (which is a mistake), and in the letter I explained she is coming for 1.5m (so more than 2 weeks - their requirement to allow PR's immediate family to come).
You should follow their instruction to avoid my mistake : (In application, choose OTHER and write COVID-19 so that your parent's application could be prioritized)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html#apply-visa
I understood. But when you wrote an invitation letter, in that what reason did you mentioned? and what about itinerary for 1.5 months?

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
@santa147 would you mind sharing the sample invitation letter and Itinerary that you sent?
I think it is very different for each person, and you need to demonstrate why your parent visit is needed for you, I would like to have an approved visa to share it with people :D sorry for that.
In my case , my hubby is field engineer, he is often not at home, I have a toodler of 3 years old, I'm going to give birth on January so I would like to have her here for a while to support my family. I don't know if it works...

ZebaAli12

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I think it is very different for each person, and you need to demonstrate why your parent visit is needed for you, I would like to have an approved visa to share it with people :D sorry for that.
In my case , my hubby is field engineer, he is often not at home, I have a toodler of 3 years old, I'm going to give birth on January so I would like to have her here for a while to support my family. I don't know if it works...
Congratulations. Thank you for your response.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India

Hey, can you confirm who advised you to do this:

"You should follow their instruction to avoid my mistake : (In application, choose OTHER and write COVID-19 so that your parent's application could be prioritized)"?

Thanks in advance.

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Again, anyone has the same problem as mine?
---
I want to apply supervisa for my father but when I started the process on cic, it doesn't generate the list for super visa although I answered all of their questions to be able to submit a supervisa! (like visit, stay more than 6 months, have child who is PR). They say my father need a visitor visa- more than 6 months. Does it exist? The list required doesn't look like the one I had with my mom, they did not ask for insurance neither the proof of income from inviting child.

I sent a technical request to ask but surely, they take (a lot) time to feedback so I want to check with you guys here if anyone having the same issue?
----
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
I tried this one and it's the same result, are they not allowing new supervisa?
Hey!
I faced the same problem. This is not a technical issue. I believe you May have answered the following question incorrectly:
“How are you related to your family member?” You need to select “Child/grandchild” as the answer from the drop down list as the question is asked from the applicant’s perspective. It is a tricky question. Once you answer the subsequent questions correctly, it will give you an option to apply for Supervisa!

rinosamuel

Jul 31, 2018
Hi! My parents applied online for Supervisa in December 2019 from UAE. The request for medical was received in the last week of Feb. and the status was changed to "Medicals passed" by the first week of March. Ever since then, there was no update and I was assuming it was due to the pandemic. VFS has informed me that the embassy has resumed its operations from the 1st of July, so I did submit an IRCC web form requesting an update. But they sent me a standard reply, stating that it's due to the pandemic that there is a delay. I was just wondering, how much longer we'll have to wait for an update and if there is someone else with a similar timeline. Is there anything else than can be done from our part to expedite this process. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: marienne_20

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hi! My parents applied online for Supervisa in December 2019 from UAE. The request for medical was received in the last week of Feb. and the status was changed to "Medicals passed" by the first week of March. Ever since then, there was no update and I was assuming it was due to the pandemic. VFS has informed me that the embassy has resumed its operations from the 1st of July, so I did submit an IRCC web form requesting an update. But they sent me a standard reply, stating that it's due to the pandemic that there is a delay. I was just wondering, how much longer we'll have to wait for an update and if there is someone else with a similar timeline. Is there anything else than can be done from our part to expedite this process. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you go to the IRCC website and check the Covid-19 updates section, you'll find instructions for those who already have submitted an application. You can send an email since you parents are exempt (email address provided on the website and details of what the email should include).
My parents had an application submitted back in March and after we sent that email in June (right after family members exemption), we received Medical request 2 days after.
However, their medical was passed in June and we still have no updates ever since! So things are super slow and frustrating!

Reactions: marienne_20

rinosamuel

Jul 31, 2018
If you go to the IRCC website and check the Covid-19 updates section, you'll find instructions for those who already have submitted an application. You can send an email since you parents are exempt (email address provided on the website and details of what the email should include).
My parents had an application submitted back in March and after we sent that email in June (right after family members exemption), we received Medical request 2 days after.
However, their medical was passed in June and we still have no updates ever since! So things are super slow and frustrating!
Thanks for the reply. I’ll try reaching out to them, using that email. Hopefully we’ll get an update soon.