+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Time Period - 2018

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Yes
Yes
Do your parents have guardianship of your nephew? If yes, they can complete the IMM 5713.... otherwise his dad/mom will apply on his behalf and include IMM5476. It's an unusual case because he is a minor and cannot apply on his own
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Bryanna,
I have submitted my nephew application today. Hope for the best.
It was only TRV fee($100) when i submitted application. I have paid his biometrics fee through this link( https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17) and sent consulate to webform with receipt. Thank you for your help.

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Fingers crossed
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Thanks Bryanna, I have paid biometrics fee to same day with above link and informed consulate through webform. is it ok or i did mistake. i just want to save time in application process. I know, it is less chance but i try .... Thanks again. Please advice, if i have to do something else.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Thanks Bryanna, I have paid biometrics fee to same day with above link and informed consulate through webform. is it ok or i did mistake. i just want to save time in application process. I know, it is less chance but i try .... Thanks again. Please advice, if i have to do something else.
You can pay online, but your parent/your nephew's parent should have included the fee receipt with the paper application

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
You can pay online, but your parent/your nephew's parent should have included the fee receipt with the paper application
---------------------------------------------------
I submitted my nephew(3 year old) application on line (Single Applicant with new CIC account) and paid trv application fee ($100 ). There is no option to submit biometrics fee with application fee. that's why i paid through this link ( https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 ) and attached receipts (biometrics) with webform. Is it ok or they can refuse his application. please advice

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
---------------------------------------------------
I submitted my nephew(3 year old) application on line (Single Applicant with new CIC account) and paid trv application fee ($100 ). There is no option to submit biometrics fee with application fee. that's why i paid through this link ( https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 ) and attached receipts (biometrics) with webform. Is it ok or they can refuse his application. please advice
Unfortunately, there are a few mistakes.
1. Your 3-year old nephew cannot apply on his own (he doesn't even know what a visa is). A guardian or one of his parents should have applied as he is a minor.

2. And, as a minor who is less than 14 years old, he does NOT have to give his biometrics. That's the reason why you did not get the biometrics fee option while submitting his application

3. You can ask IRCC for a refund of the biometrics fee

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Unfortunately, there are a few mistakes.
1. Your 3-year old nephew cannot apply on his own (he doesn't even know what a visa is). A guardian or one of his parents should have applied as he is a minor.

2. And, as a minor who is less than 14 years old, he does NOT have to give his biometrics. That's the reason why you did not get the biometrics fee option while submitting his application

3. You can ask IRCC for a refund of the biometrics fee
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good Morning Bryanna,

I got my nephew TRV refusal letter today. CIC mentioned only one reason there. Please could you guide me if i want to reply TRV with few new points in purpose:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

Thank you,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good Morning Bryanna,

I got my nephew TRV refusal letter today. CIC mentioned only one reason there. Please could you guide me if i want to reply TRV with few new points in purpose:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

Thank you,
Unfortunately, this refusal was expected (and avoidable too). It's truly unfortunate that a little child has been refused a visa and he doesn't realize it.

Refusal for purpose of visit:
1. Your parents were approved for super visas i.e. long stays for up to 2 years.... with the possibility of extending their stay. Now, super visas do NOT allow the super visa applicant/super visa holder to apply for any dependents.... even if they are dependent minor children of these super visa applicants.

In this case, your nephew applied (and a minor cannot apply on his/her own) for a TRV to accompany your parents. This would give the indication that your nephew is likely to stay for up to 2 years + possibly seek an extension when your parents apply to extend their stay = Not the typical length of stay of a genuine TRV visitor = Refusal for Purpose of visit (purpose of visit here is like a super visa dependent).

2. Your parents are not the legal guardians of your nephew. There is no compulsion for your nephew to visit = Refusal for Purpose of visit

3. Also, not sure if you had included authorization letters from both parents of your nephew authorizing your parents to take him abroad

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Unfortunately, this refusal was expected (and avoidable too). It's truly unfortunate that a little child has been refused a visa and he doesn't realize it.

Refusal for purpose of visit:
1. Your parents were approved for super visas i.e. long stays for up to 2 years.... with the possibility of extending their stay. Now, super visas do NOT allow the super visa applicant/super visa holder to apply for any dependents.... even if they are dependent minor children of these super visa applicants.

In this case, your nephew applied (and a minor cannot apply on his/her own) for a TRV to accompany your parents. This would give the indication that your nephew is likely to stay for up to 2 years + possibly seek an extension when your parents apply to extend their stay = Not the typical length of stay of a genuine TRV visitor = Refusal for Purpose of visit (purpose of visit here is like a super visa dependent).

2. Your parents are not the legal guardians of your nephew. There is no compulsion for your nephew to visit = Refusal for Purpose of visit

3. Also, not sure if you had included authorization letters from both parents of your nephew authorizing your parents to take him abroad
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. Yes, My parents has super visa and they are eligible to stay till 2 years. My parents explained in purpose of visit " They are taking care of him and never leave him alone since he born.

2. My brother and his wife provided " Temporary custody letter" to my parent on Rs. 100.00 notary stamp.

3. My brother and his wife also provided " Contest letter for children traveling abroad" with notarized

I think, i couldn't make it strong "Purpose of travel" letter. parents just wrote "upon the termination of our visit, he will return to india with us."
Please advise me, if i have other option...
Thanks again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. Yes, My parents has super visa and they are eligible to stay till 2 years. My parents explained in purpose of visit " They are taking care of him and never leave him alone since he born.
Unfortunately, it does not work this way because your nephew will be considered as a dependent/pseudo-dependent of your super visa parents. This is not allowed.

2. My brother and his wife provided " Temporary custody letter" to my parent on Rs. 100.00 notary stamp.
This document has no legal value nor legal sanctity.

3. My brother and his wife also provided " Contest letter for children traveling abroad" with notarized
Okay.

I think, i couldn't make it strong "Purpose of travel" letter. parents just wrote "upon the termination of our visit, he will return to india with us."
Please advise me, if i have other option...
Thanks again
I would not recommend reapplying for your nephew as a dependent/pseudo-dependent of your super visa parents. It will result in another TRV refusal. Your nephew does not have any ties to return to, not even school ties because he is too young.

IMO, the only way out of this is to prove your nephew is a *temporary* *short stay* visitor. This means he will stay only for 3-4 weeks max. + he will not stay for the entire duration of your parents' super visa stay.

How can this be done?
Either your brother/ his wife/both would need to apply for TRVs + your nephew will travel and return with him/her.

When should they apply?
After your parents have arrived as super visa visitors

krd

Aug 20, 2019
@Bryanna - I have been on this forum for a while and following all your answers.
It seems like you are very helpful and you have great knowledge about supervisa.

I thought to put my question here as I am really worried about my Mothers supervisa.

My parents applied for supervisa on 21st June.
My father got his approval on the 5th of July.

My mother hasn't heard back from the embassy yet.
Status still shows "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
Its already been past the processing time and I have already submitted a web form last week[Haven't heard back from on it yet].

My parents visited the hospital where they did their medical and the doctor said that my mom has cough in chest so she had to undergo 3 tests related to TB and it will take around 3 months to get the final result.
After 2 months she will have to undergo some other tests as well.

As we haven't heard from the embassy on remedical yet, we thought not to believe the doctor and we shouldn't send them any reports unless they have asked for it.

I am really worried about the visa. Its almost the end of summer now and I want my parents to be here.

Not sure what step should we take to hear an update from the embassy.

Any suggestions?

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
@Bryanna - I have been on this forum for a while and following all your answers.
It seems like you are very helpful and you have great knowledge about supervisa.

I thought to put my question here as I am really worried about my Mothers supervisa.

My parents applied for supervisa on 21st June.
My father got his approval on the 5th of July.

My mother hasn't heard back from the embassy yet.
Status still shows "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
Its already been past the processing time and I have already submitted a web form last week[Haven't heard back from on it yet].

My parents visited the hospital where they did their medical and the doctor said that my mom has cough in chest so she had to undergo 3 tests related to TB and it will take around 3 months to get the final result.
After 2 months she will have to undergo some other tests as well.

As we haven't heard from the embassy on remedical yet, we thought not to believe the doctor and we shouldn't send them any reports unless they have asked for it.

I am really worried about the visa. Its almost the end of summer now and I want my parents to be here.

Not sure what step should we take to hear an update from the embassy.

Any suggestions?
what does the medical status of your mother show as of now??

krd

Aug 20, 2019
what does the medical status of your mother show as of now??
@hsbmovic

It says
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checks - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

pkAli

Dec 15, 2019
i applied for my mother super visa and she got passport request..
i noticed that her passport is going to expire in two years , can she send her renew passport to get longer super visa valid till passport expiry..
anybody please help me in this regards.