+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Time Period - 2018

jotprabh

Nov 15, 2018
I m going to submit my father's application for super visa
I met all super visa conditions.....but thing is
my father came to usa on b1/b2 visa on feb 2008 and overstay there till nov 2015 ……
now I was filling forms …..I had mentioned his overstay in usa …...but I am confused about his employment history...…..he was working there on cash money....don't have any record of employment …….
please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I m going to submit my father's application for super visa
I met all super visa conditions.....but thing is
my father came to usa on b1/b2 visa on feb 2008 and overstay there till nov 2015 ……
now I was filling forms …..I had mentioned his overstay in usa …...but I am confused about his employment history...…..he was working there on cash money....don't have any record of employment …….
please help
Cash and no records = Worked illegally

You can certainly apply but do be prepared for a refusal. Your dad has seriously violated the conditions of his B1/B2 visa by overstaying and working illegally. IRCC will have concerns that he will work illegally/overstay in Canada as well.

He cannot re-enter the US as he has been banned. How did he leave the US? Was he removed/deported? If yes, he would need to mention those details in his super visa application.

He can hope for a super visa approval if your income more than exceeds LICO (not borderline income) + your dad can prove he has established strong ties to his home country after he returned from the US

Reactions: jotprabh

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys I got the medical request for my inlaws supervisa medical. we applied online on 28 Oct...I am concerned that they are Diabetic and having blood pressures issues..will this hinder in thier medical exam report...kindly advise...how long will it take to get the passport request...
Hello! Same case as my parents.. hoping for a favorable decision.

jotprabh

Nov 15, 2018
Cash and no records = Worked illegally

You can certainly apply but do be prepared for a refusal. Your dad has seriously violated the conditions of his B1/B2 visa by overstaying and working illegally. IRCC will have concerns that he will work illegally/overstay in Canada as well.

He cannot re-enter the US as he has been banned. How did he leave the US? Was he removed/deported? If yes, he would need to mention those details in his super visa application.

He can hope for a super visa approval if your income more than exceeds LICO (not borderline income) + your dad can prove he has established strong ties to his home country after he returned from the US
thanks for reply
he voluntary left US without any arrest or deportation.
my income was $57K for 2017 NOA for three person{Me+ spouse and my father} and also my father has property and bank balance. he has given land on lease and had mentioned in invitation letter that he renew lease agreement every year.... what else I could describe in ties to home country.?

I m worried about employment history ….like what I have to mention in …
2015 to 2018 …..retired....home country
2008 to 2015...….unemployed/Nil....US

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks for reply
he voluntary left US without any arrest or deportation.
my income was $57K for 2017 NOA for three person{Me+ spouse and my father} and also my father has property and bank balance. he has given land on lease and had mentioned in invitation letter that he renew lease agreement every year
He does not have any active ties to his home country per se.

But, that should be the least of your worries. The bigger issue here is his nearly 9 years' US overstay + working illegally in the US which will almost guarantee a super visa refusal. As he violated the conditions of his US visa, IRCC won't be convinced that he is a genuine visitor.

.... what else I could describe in ties to home country.?
1. Does he file his tax returns?

2. Financial investments?

3. Has he been approved for credit cards in his home country?

4. Any loans or mortgages?

5. Any dependent family members?

6. Any travel to other visa-required countries after he returned from the US?

I m worried about employment history ….like what I have to mention in …
2015 to 2018 …..retired....home country
Okay

2008 to 2015...….unemployed/Nil....US
This would be misrepresentation. He needs to mention that he worked illegally, was paid in cash and has no records of his employment.

Think of it this way:
His application would show an overstay of nearly 9 years in the US. The obvious question would then be: How did he support his stay? By stating he was unemployed, he would be committing misrepresentation that could lead to a 5 years' ban from entering Canada.

He must be honest. US and Canada share information

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi @Bryanna,
still no update in my father application. i haven't got reply from IRCC web from and even local immigration office email.
Applied: April 24, 2018
Medical Passed: Sept.06, 2018
Application status: Submitted ( since Sept. 17, 2018)
IRCC Web form sent: Oct 02, 2018
e-Mail (Local CIC immigration office) : Oct.11, 2018
Please advise...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
My father got super visa on Dec. 13, 2018.
Thank you @Bryanna for your help.
i want to apply visit visa for my nephew(3 years old). is he get it, if my parents want to bring him.
@Bryanna , Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
My father got super visa on Dec. 13, 2018.
Thank you @Bryanna for your help.
That's really fantastic. It's been a long and stressful wait for the decision. Glad it has ended well :)

i want to apply visit visa for my nephew(3 years old). is he get it, if my parents want to bring him.
@Bryanna , Please advise.
There's just one problem with this plan:
Your parents have been granted super visas. They could be allowed to stay for up to two years on initial entry with the possibility to extend their stay.

The parents of your nephew would need to apply for his TRV + provide consent authorizing your parents to be his 'guardian' for his travel and stay. This application for a short stay as a TRV visitor contradicts the long-term stay of your parents on super visas

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
That's really fantastic. It's been a long and stressful wait for the decision. Glad it has ended well :)

There's just one problem with this plan:
Your parents have been granted super visas. They could be allowed to stay for up to two years on initial entry with the possibility to extend their stay.

The parents of your nephew would need to apply for his TRV + provide consent authorizing your parents to be his 'guardian' for his travel and stay. This application for a short stay as a TRV visitor contradicts the long-term stay of your parents on super visas
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you Bryanna for quick response. It was in my mind(Contradicts between super visa and TRV). if my parents want to come for short visit, is it any chance to get TRV for my nephew? which documents should i attach with his application:
1. Temporary custody letter
2. Proof of relationship
3. Use a representative (IMM5476E) or Family member representative (IMM5713E)
4. Purpose of travels
I don't want to add any financial documents of my brother. Thanks again for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you Bryanna for quick response. It was in my mind(Contradicts between super visa and TRV). if my parents want to come for short visit, is it any chance to get TRV for my nephew?
If your nephew applies for a TRV to travel with your parents (super visa holders), this will not convince the visa officer that he will be a short stay visitor.

Once super visas are issued, it is assumed that your parents will stay for up to 2 years i.e. they won't visit for just a couple of weeks/one month. This again goes against your nephew's TRV application.

Also, as your nephew is too young + not in school yet, it is assumed that he will overstay his short visit.

which documents should i attach with his application:
1. Temporary custody letter
2. Proof of relationship
3. Use a representative (IMM5476E) or Family member representative (IMM5713E)
4. Purpose of travels
I don't want to add any financial documents of my brother. Thanks again for your help.
Your brother/his wife must apply for your nephew.

They must also include:
1. Consent letter authorizing your nephew to travel with your parents abroad. This must include the 24/7 contact information of your brother and his wife.

2. Copies of the birth certificate of your nephew which states your brother and his wife's names as parents

3. Passport copies of your brother and his wife + passport copies of both your parents

4. Scans of your parents' super visas

5. Financial proofs of your brother to cover your nephew's visit and airfare. Your financial proofs are secondary

As your nephew is too young, just wondering if he is able to stay without your brother and his wifen

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
If your nephew applies for a TRV to travel with your parents (super visa holders), this will not convince the visa officer that he will be a short stay visitor.

Once super visas are issued, it is assumed that your parents will stay for up to 2 years i.e. they won't visit for just a couple of weeks/one month. This again goes against your nephew's TRV application.

Also, as your nephew is too young + not in school yet, it is assumed that he will overstay his short visit.

Your brother/his wife must apply for your nephew.

They must also include:
1. Consent letter authorizing your nephew to travel with your parents abroad. This must include the 24/7 contact information of your brother and his wife.

2. Copies of the birth certificate of your nephew which states your brother and his wife's names as parents

3. Passport copies of your brother and his wife + passport copies of both your parents

4. Scans of your parents' super visas

5. Financial proofs of your brother to cover your nephew's visit and airfare. Your financial proofs are secondary

As your nephew is too young, just wondering if he is able to stay without your brother and his wifen
Thank you Bryanna,
My parents are taking care of him(my nephew) and they never leave him alone.

I am stuck in few CIC profile questions, please help me out:
1. Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

2. Are you giving someone access to your application?

3. Did your representative give you a submission letter?

and do i have to fill Use Representative form (IIM 5476E). and who gonna the sign on application(iim5257e), family information(iim5645e).
Thanks again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna,
My parents are taking care of him(my nephew) and they never leave him alone.

I am stuck in few CIC profile questions, please help me out:
1. Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

2. Are you giving someone access to your application?
Yes

3. Did your representative give you a submission letter?

and do i have to fill Use Representative form (IIM 5476E). and who gonna the sign on application(iim5257e), family information(iim5645e).
Thanks again.
Do your parents have guardianship of your nephew? If yes, they can complete the IMM 5713.... otherwise his dad/mom will apply on his behalf and include IMM5476. It's an unusual case because he is a minor and cannot apply on his own

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hello @Bryanna and all guys , I am the host sponsoring my parents.

1) How many funds I need to show in host account ( Me and husband only)
2) My parents account ( father and mother)

Can you please provide a sample letter of finances and invitation letter? I worked in 2018 for few months only, and don;t have any NOA, new in canada, however my husband meets the income table for four including my income for 2018. My husband will be a co signer and what documents do he needs?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna and all guys , I am the host sponsoring my parents.

1) How many funds I need to show in host account ( Me and husband only)
A reasonable, stable bank balance each month that can financially support the stay of your parents.

2) My parents account ( father and mother)
Again, reasonable funds in their account (without borrowing from anyone). It could have been earned as salary/business income, rent, dividends from shares/stocks, FDs, mutual funds, pension, etc.

The focus is on the financial situation of yourself and your husband for their super visas.

Can you please provide a sample letter of finances and invitation letter? I worked in 2018 for few months only, and don;t have any NOA, new in canada, however my husband meets the income table for four including my income for 2018. My husband will be a co signer and what documents do he needs?
1. The invitation letter + the letter to financially support their stay must be co-signed by you and your husband

2. Copy of your marriage certificate

3. Copy of your birth certificate (to prove your relationship to your parents)

4. Your husband's NOA + employment letters of both of you + bank statements + financial investments, etc

Last edited:

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
A reasonable, stable bank balance each month that can financially support the stay of your parents.

Again, reasonable funds in their account (without borrowing from anyone). It could have been earned as salary/business income, rent, dividends from shares/stocks, FDs, mutual funds, pension, etc.

The focus is on the financial situation of yourself and your husband for their super visas.

1. The invitation letter + the letter to financially support their stay must be co-signed by you and your husband

2. Copy of your marriage certificate

3. Copy of your birth certificate (to prove your relationship to your parents)

4. Your husband's NOA + employment letters of both of you + bank statements + financial investments, etc
Thanks @Bryanna .

Another question please

As the 2018 NOA are not ready at the moment as CRA hasn't started accepting the personal tax return, what will be the document or we can provide that we meet the LICO? as Line 150 income they ask for as proof and T4 or pay slips are not enough. We have a plan now to apply

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna .

Another question please

As the 2018 NOA are not ready at the moment as CRA hasn't started accepting the personal tax return, what will be the document or we can provide that we meet the LICO? as Line 150 income they ask for as proof and T4 or pay slips are not enough. We have a plan now to apply

Thanks
We have seen refusals if the super visa host is unable to provide at least one recent NOA. It's advisable if you wait for a couple of months until you get this NOA to prove you and/or your husband meets LICO (along with other financial proofs)