+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa (October 2019)

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are keeping well.

My parents case is at Medical stage. Father's GCKey status shows that he cleared the medical however my mother's medical status still the same (medical is requested). She went through the medical and we were waiting for the results. Now due to COVID-19, suspension of work activities in my country is imposed and medical centre is closed. I sent them an email and received an auto reply saying that operations are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.

I have no issues and wish that everything gets normal asap. However I am just curious about medical outcome, its already delayed due to medical furtherance, so I am just anxious to know the outcome of medical for my mother.

Can anyone recommend who to send an email to get the status?

Best,

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your detailed answer.
I emailed the Embassy and they replied this:

======
This is in response to your email enquiry.
We are waiting for the results of your medical tests. Once received we shall continue processing your application.
We trust that this information will be of assistance.
======

As in the email they said that they haven't received the medical exam results till now (medical was done on 21st Oct, 2019). I don't know why the IMO Karachi haven't send my parents medical test reports till now, as it is so unusual.

Can you please guide what should I do now? I have to send an email to IMO karachi or
https://mhdpakistan.iom.int/immigration-medical-examination-ime-canadian-visa-applicant
(For eMedical applicant, the medical documents will be submitted electronically at eMedical after receiving of complete results. You may contact our call center +92 (051) 111-466-472 or email at: mhdislamabad@iom.int if you wish to inquire about your health case submission status).

OR what else I can do about it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Now the operations at IOM is suspended due to COVID-19, no idea really who to contact. I also need an update regarding my mother's medical status but IOM Karachi has temporarily suspended their operations. Lets hope for the best and wish everything gets normal asap.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are keeping well.

My parents case is at Medical stage. Father's GCKey status shows that he cleared the medical however my mother's medical status still the same (medical is requested). She went through the medical and we were waiting for the results. Now due to COVID-19, suspension of work activities in my country is imposed and medical centre is closed. I sent them an email and received an auto reply saying that operations are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.

I have no issues and wish that everything gets normal asap. However I am just curious about medical outcome, its already delayed due to medical furtherance, so I am just anxious to know the outcome of medical for my mother.

Can anyone recommend who to send an email to get the status?

Best,
Confused as to why you need to contact someone. Things will get moving again once the panel physician starts working again and once the results are submit the processing will continue. Although some processing continues things are delayed and things are changing so quickly that it is impossible to how delayed things will be.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Confused as to why you need to contact someone.
Thanks for your message @canuck78 actually my parents medical got already delayed due to medical furtherance. Nov 25th was the correspondence received for medical and March 4th was the date when my father and mother had to undergo another round of xray (per the protocol of ruling out that there is no TB).

So its been almost 4 to 5 months that medical is going on. That's why I want to know just the status.

I hope that everything gets back to normal asap. No further positive cases and deaths we hear. I wish everyone who contracted the disease a speedy recovery and all those who are negative remains safe and sound.

stay safe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your message @canuck78 actually my parents medical got already delayed due to medical furtherance. Nov 25th was the correspondence received for medical and March 4th was the date when my father and mother had to undergo another round of xray (per the protocol of ruling out that there is no TB).

So its been almost 4 to 5 months that medical is going on. That's why I want to know just the status.

I hope that everything gets back to normal asap. No further positive cases and deaths we hear. I wish everyone who contracted the disease a speedy recovery and all those who are negative remains safe and sound.

stay safe.
If your parents are unable to finish the TB testing their application will continue to be on hold until they can complete it. There is no point in contacting anyone.

amy_zira

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
File Transfer...
31-10-2017
Hello guys, quick question. My mother got Super Visa with expiry date of 2029 till her passport expires. My question is, is there any specific time she has to come to Canada for very first time OR she can come anytime? She got visa stamped in Dec 2019. Would it be fine if she comes after 6 months even from now?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello guys, quick question. My mother got Super Visa with expiry date of 2029 till her passport expires. My question is, is there any specific time she has to come to Canada for very first time OR she can come anytime? She got visa stamped in Dec 2019. Would it be fine if she comes after 6 months even from now?

Thanks!
1. Any time between now and 2029, make sure she has 2 years worth of insurance though when she comes.

Reactions: amy_zira

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
If your parents are unable to finish the TB testing their application will continue to be on hold until they can complete it. There is no point in contacting anyone.
Testing is done. Doctor already cleared but before we were able to see gckey updated with "your medical is cleared" medical centre got closed because of Covid19.

amy_zira

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
File Transfer...
31-10-2017
Hi

1. Any time between now and 2029, make sure she has 2 years worth of insurance though when she comes.
Thanks a lot! God bless you.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hey guys, hope you all are keeping healthy.

What is happening in the visa centres. Like people who have their medical cleared. When do you think they should expect passport request?

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys i hope you guys are doing well during this time can you please suggest my a good lawyer in mississauga area who deals with supervisa refusal due to usa deportation. Im thinking to apply it again after all this covid virus thing comes down. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys i hope you guys are doing well during this time can you please suggest my a good lawyer in mississauga area who deals with supervisa refusal due to usa deportation. Im thinking to apply it again after all this covid virus thing comes down. Thanks
Not sure if a lawyer will actually be able to help getting over a supervisa refusal. You could go for a judicial review and hope you win. Think that I’ll cost you 3- 5k minimum. Having not followed immigration rules before there is definitely valid concern that your parent(s) won’t respect Canadian immigration rules and will try to remain in Canada on a permanent basis. The fact that your siblings are also in Canada is another big issue.

Reactions: Buletruck

Jj_Hm

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
hi guys hope everyone is okay. just wanna ask about super visa for parents. I'm currently not working because of covid19 but I would like to know if I can apply super visa for my parents but its going to be my husbands income. Would that be okay?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi guys hope everyone is okay. just wanna ask about super visa for parents. I'm currently not working because of covid19 but I would like to know if I can apply super visa for my parents but its going to be my husbands income. Would that be okay?
Yes he can be a co-sponsor.