+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa got rejected

rohkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Hi there, I would like to get your expert opinion about the super visa application for my mom. She applied last month and she got the rejection letter today. The reason is "You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets". But I did provide them the copy of my tax return with more than minimum income. Should she apply again or contact them and ask to review the documents again? Your advices will be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi there, I would like to get your expert opinion about the super visa application for my mom. She applied last month and she got the rejection letter today. The reason is "You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets". But I did provide them the copy of my tax return with more than minimum income. Should she apply again or contact them and ask to review the documents again? Your advices will be really appreciated, thanks in advance.
She would need to reapply from scratch. IRCC won't review her previous application as such.

1. What documents did you provide as the host?

2. What documents did your mom provide?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
No, it was an online application so they only ask for t4 or t1
I think u might have answered a question on the eligibility questionnaire wrong and got the TRV checklist because a supervisa would require more documents thn that..

A super visa would require ...
1. Detailed invitation letter
2. Medical insurance, minimum 1 year
3. Medical exam
4. NOA or T4 or T1
5. Their proof of ties with home country

Etc....

rohkhan

Oct 12, 2016
I think u might have answered a question on the eligibility questionnaire wrong and got the TRV checklist because a supervisa would require more documents thn that..

A super visa would require ...
1. Detailed invitation letter
2. Medical insurance, minimum 1 year
3. Medical exam
4. NOA or T4 or T1
5. Their proof of ties with home country

Etc....
the only reason they post is the proof of income, everything else was perfect, i got her 1 year medical insurance, then attested detailed invitation letter and a declaration form. What should i do now? Should i apply again or what?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
the only reason they post is the proof of income, everything else was perfect, i got her 1 year medical insurance, then attested detailed invitation letter and a declaration form. What should i do now? Should i apply again or what?
It's difficult to advise if you don't post more information. If you need advise, you'd need to tell us:
1. The list of documents which you provided as the host

2. The list of documents which your mom provided as the applicant

rohkhan

Oct 12, 2016
It's difficult to advise if you don't post more information. If you need advise, you'd need to tell us:
1. The list of documents which you provided as the host

2. The list of documents which your mom provided as the applicant
This the list of documents:
  1. Visitor Visa Application
  2. Passport
  3. Invitation Letter & Declaration Form
  4. Copy of Tax Return, Mine & My wife (both)
  5. Medical Insurance Coverage for 1 year
  6. Travel Itinerary
  7. Proof of Relationship
  8. Family Information
  9. Proof of Relationship

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi there,
My mother has multiple entry visa to Canada. She had already visited us twice and went back to her home country after the proposed visit. Now she is with us for the third time. She traveled back and forth three times in 3 year's.So i was wondering is there anyway we can get a super visa while she is here or is there anything else can do to avoid this multiple trips. Each time the shortest and expensive trip takes at least 19 hours one way, she is fed up of this air travel. She has multiple entry US visa also. My sister is in USA. Kindly advice, the best possible option. I have all the required income requirements for PR but unfortunately they have this lottery system now !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi there,
My mother has multiple entry visa to Canada. She had already visited us twice and went back to her home country after the proposed visit. Now she is with us for the third time. She traveled back and forth three times in 3 year's.So i was wondering is there anyway we can get a super visa while she is here or is there anything else can do to avoid this multiple trips. Each time the shortest and expensive trip takes at least 19 hours one way, she is fed up of this air travel. She has multiple entry US visa also. My sister is in USA. Kindly advice, the best possible option. I have all the required income requirements for PR but unfortunately they have this lottery system now !!!
Her only option currently is to apply to extend her stay on this TRV entry. Border runs don't guarantee a re-entry. It's best to apply for an extension about a month before her current status expires.

Otherwise she must apply for a super visa from her home country/outside of Canada

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Her only option currently is to apply to extend her stay on this TRV entry. Border runs don't guarantee a re-entry. It's best to apply for an extension about a month before her current status expires.

Otherwise she must apply for a super visa from her home country/outside of Canada
Thanks Bryanna, do they cancel TRV when she applies for super visa, I mean i'm scared whether, she wont give Super visa for some reason and they cancel her existing TRV ? Whats the main criteria for super visa, if i'm willing to sponsor her, she is retired. And she don't have anyone back home apart from her siblings, so there is nothing to show much ties to her home country and to be honest my plan is to bring her here to live with me permanently, I can take care of her financial needs. I won't bother Canadian govt for the same.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna, do they cancel TRV when she applies for super visa, I mean i'm scared whether, she wont give Super visa for some reason and they cancel her existing TRV ?
IRCC has confirmed through Twitter that an existing TRV won't be cancelled if the super visa application is refused.

Similar cases on this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa-after-further-medical-request.545019/#post-6736623

Whats the main criteria for super visa, if i'm willing to sponsor her, she is retired. And she don't have anyone back home apart from her siblings, so there is nothing to show much ties to her home country and to be honest my plan is to bring her here to live with me permanently, I can take care of her financial needs. I won't bother Canadian govt for the same.
Your income/financials + her medicals + insurance coverage are the key criteria. She must prove at least some reasons to return to her home country at the end of the visit

Reactions: macwhitby

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
reason is "You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets". I have same reason in GCMS notes in my mother's visitor visa application which I applied last summer in 2017 . I am planning to apply again this year . I have all necessary documents .
IMM 5484 says One of the follwoing doc to prove your child meets LICO
1 Most receny copy of NOA
2 Most recent T4
3 Original emapoyer latter
4 Pay stubs

So If I dont submit NOA and T4 , and Submit my emplyement letter and pay stub ($ 55000 salary ) , would it be sufficent ?

Last edited:

mahima.verma7

Dec 29, 2022
Hello Everyone
I am new to this forum. I recently applied for my parent's supervisa and yesterday I got the final decision that their application has been rejected reason being: "You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets". My parent's showed total of $12k in their bank and I submitted my T4 and offer letter with my income. I am not sure of they are referring to my income or assets or my parent's. We have an house hold income of approximately $140K but in application I submitted only mine T4 and Offer Letter(no bank statement, no investments or 401K details) not my husband's as he is new to Canada and didn't get any NOA or T4s. Please help, when I should reapply and with what documents for income and assets.

Thanks in advance!