+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey,

when you got the passport request, did you have to send that letter along with your passport for the visa sptamping?

I applied with a lawyer and he is very bad at replying to my calls so I called CIC and they are telling me that the application has been approved and I need to submit my passport now. Do I need to get that letter from my lawyer or can I just go ahead and submit the passport?

Thanks,
Ahmad
She needs the passport request letter for passport submission

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
She needs the passport request letter for passport submission
Hi Bryanna sir......lol just kidding....I see that you get mistaken for a male all the time. I know you are very active on this site, but did you have a chance to see my reply about super visa stay after the initial visit. The wording seems to suggest that subsequent visits can also be two years.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna sir......lol just kidding....I see that you get mistaken for a male all the time. I know you are very active on this site, but did you have a chance to see my reply about super visa stay after the initial visit. The wording seems to suggest that subsequent visits can also be two years.
Yeah, most guys don't seem to realize that a Bryan is not a Bryanna :) Women forum members are more intelligent LOL

It is up to 2 years only on the initial entry if the officer writes a date (and it is advisable to request for this as passports are not stamped nowadays). We have seen a number of people who had misunderstand that the super visa allows them to stay for up to 2 years on every entry and/or by default for 2 years if there's no handwritten date.

To be doubly sure, you could email the visa office (not the call centre agents who will most likely give you incorrect information) or contact CBSA.... and let us know what they say

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Yeah, most guys don't seem to realize that a Bryan is not a Bryanna :) Women forum members are more intelligent LOL

It is up to 2 years only on the initial entry if the officer writes a date (and it is advisable to request for this as passports are not stamped nowadays). We have seen a number of people who had misunderstand that the super visa allows them to stay for up to 2 years on every entry and/or by default for 2 years if there's no handwritten date.

To be doubly sure, you could email the visa office (not the call centre agents who will most likely give you incorrect information) or contact CBSA.... and let us know what they say
Ok ill see, the reason I was confused was because the wording implies each entry.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=16.2
"Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/super-visa.html

"The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and the Minister of Public Safety issued Ministerial Instructions concerning the parents and grandparents extended stay temporary resident visa (TRV) (super visa) and the authorized period of extended stay.

These Ministerial Instructions were issued in accordance with the ministerial authority found in subsection 15(4) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and direct officers to consider issuing to eligible parents and grandparents a multiple-entry TRV for up to 10 years, with the status period extending for up to 2 years on each entry to Canada"

Then theres this third party site
https://moving2canada.com/super-visa/
"The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for Canada allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for extended periods. As of June 18, 2018 the guidance for Super Visa holders has been updated to reflect that each entry to Canada should be for a duration of up to two years and extensions should be for one year.

Previous, Super Visa holders were typically granted entry for up to two years on initial entry, and for up to six months on subsequent entries."

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok ill see, the reason I was confused was because the wording implies each entry.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=16.2
"Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/super-visa.html

"The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and the Minister of Public Safety issued Ministerial Instructions concerning the parents and grandparents extended stay temporary resident visa (TRV) (super visa) and the authorized period of extended stay.

These Ministerial Instructions were issued in accordance with the ministerial authority found in subsection 15(4) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and direct officers to consider issuing to eligible parents and grandparents a multiple-entry TRV for up to 10 years, with the status period extending for up to 2 years on each entry to Canada"

Then theres this third party site
https://moving2canada.com/super-visa/
"The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for Canada allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for extended periods. As of June 18, 2018 the guidance for Super Visa holders has been updated to reflect that each entry to Canada should be for a duration of up to two years and extensions should be for one year.

Previous, Super Visa holders were typically granted entry for up to two years on initial entry, and for up to six months on subsequent entries."
The documents you have posted have not been updated. And, I would not go by the interpretation of a third party site.

It is not up to two years on *each* entry.... but up to two years on the *initial* entry.

From the updated IMM 5256 (Instruction Guide):
Information about the parent and grandparent super visa
About the super visa

The single or multiple-entry super visa allows visitors to stay for a period of up to two years on their initial stay.

Or another updated document (January 26, 2018):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-temporary-port.html

Length of admissions
An officer at the POE will determine the length of time that a temporary resident may remain in Canada.

Note: In general, stamps issued by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers at the POE are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of entry.

If a handwritten date has been placed under the stamp, the period of authorized stay expires on that date.

For example, for parents and grandparents who possess the super visa temporary resident visa or letter, CBSA officers will handwrite a date that is 2 years from the date of entry on their initial visit only.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Sometimes applicants don't get these furtherance requests by email.
Has your mom passed the eligibility? If more tests are requested then she would not have passed eligibility.
IRCC does not ask for another chest x-ray to get a clearer picture. These x-rays could be requested if the panel physician suspects TB or some other chest abnormality.
Don't wait. Get the new tests done asap
Don't worry :)

Hi @Bryanna, we have a good news. The medical status for my mum's supervisa application passed on July 6th. Can you please advise what is the next step? Since we have already crossed the normal processing time frame (as hospital did not communicate the repeat tests until we called), should I just wait for another week or so or send the CSE?
Any as per your experience, can you please tell what will be the probability that my mum gets the visa approved (I know nothing is sure :) )
She has just the travel history of UK for a month (9 years ago) to see my aunt and was back in time, no other travel history and no criminal history. Will really appreciate your response.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi @Bryanna, we have a good news. The medical status for my mum's supervisa application passed on July 6th. Can you please advise what is the next step? Since we have already crossed the normal processing time frame (as hospital did not communicate the repeat tests until we called), should I just wait for another week or so or send the CSE?
Any as per your experience, can you please tell what will be the probability that my mum gets the visa approved (I know nothing is sure :) )
She has just the travel history of UK for a month (9 years ago) to see my aunt and was back in time, no other travel history and no criminal history. Will really appreciate your response.
Hello, Will really appreciate if somebody can shed some light on my query?
@Bryanna
Regards!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's fantastic. One major milestone crossed.

Don't think too much about her Travel History. Also, her visit to the UK was nine years ago which is pretty long ago.

As long as you meet LICO + she has passed the medicals + she has proved she has some basic ties to her home country.... her application looks good

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
That's fantastic. One major milestone crossed.

Yes it is

Don't think too much about her Travel History. Also, her visit to the UK was nine years ago which is pretty long ago.

As long as you meet LICO + she has passed the medicals + she has proved she has some basic ties to her home country.... her application looks good
Yes my brother became the sponsor and he meets LICO Requirements and she is on a govt job in India, so she has job documents attached and we attached the property papers too. I hope all that works!

Any idea how long this process may take after medical passed status?
And thank you so much @Bryanna for replying, you boosted my morale

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes my brother became the sponsor and he meets LICO Requirements and she is on a govt job in India, so she has job documents attached and we attached the property papers too. I hope all that works!
Hopefully, she has applied for a sabbatical from her employment. Considering a super visa is a long-stay visa, a sabbatical would help to establish her employment ties.

Any idea how long this process may take after medical passed status?
And thank you so much @Bryanna for replying, you boosted my morale
A couple of weeks or so

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hopefully, she has applied for a sabbatical from her employment. Considering a super visa is a long-stay visa, a sabbatical would help to establish her employment ties.

Oops, No we didn't attach the sanctioned leave form. We just attached a job certificate (showing her 30 jobs of job experience) from her head supervisor and his details to contact for any further queries, and her bank statements.

A couple of weeks or so
I hope to hear the good news soon. Crossed fingers.

And thanks again :)

jai.dhillon

Nov 21, 2017
Hi,
super visa applied for mother ( india) from canada / online - 07-may-2018
medicals upfront
by mid may recieved update that file is at ndvo now and eligibility &medical under review.
There has been no update since.
We have raised CSE after application went beyond normal processing times.
Sponsor - sister whi has been living in canada for long.
We have submitted required related documents to show home country ties such as properties, evaluation and bank statements.
There was a visitor visa rejection last year. Reason was inadequate ties to home country and lack of travel history. genuine, as we didnt attached any home country property along with.
can anyone guide with how to proceed further as normal processing time has exceeded and there had been no response to cse.
thanks

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,
super visa applied for mother ( india) from canada / online - 07-may-2018
medicals upfront
by mid may recieved update that file is at ndvo now and eligibility &medical under review.
There has been no update since.
We have raised CSE after application went beyond normal processing times.
Sponsor - sister whi has been living in canada for long.
We have submitted required related documents to show home country ties such as properties, evaluation and bank statements.
There was a visitor visa rejection last year. Reason was inadequate ties to home country and lack of travel history. genuine, as we didnt attached any home country property along with.
can anyone guide with how to proceed further as normal processing time has exceeded and there had been no response to cse.
thanks

We have similar timeline. Applied on May 3rd, upfront medical and medical passed on july 9th
No other update yet. Let me know if you see any update on your mum’s file