VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Morning All,

1.Please can you advise when we fill application in new website we dont have to fill any document checklist ( IMM5484E) and other forms such as IMM5257 IMM5707.

2. Also in what its the max file size we can upload for any of our documents.

3. In additional documents how many documents can we upload ? is it one only ?

4. Once we login in portal how can we go to last page of application or directly to the upload documents screen ?

5. Funds Proof : here they are asking "'A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada "",
we are giving invitation with all info so it is ok with give bank summary and statements in the section ?

Please advise thanks members

Abhi

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hello Members please can you advise on below points ?

Morning All,

1.Please can you advise when we fill application in new website we dont have to fill any document checklist ( IMM5484E) and other forms such as IMM5257 IMM5707.

2. Also in what its the max file size we can upload for any of our documents.

3. In additional documents how many documents can we upload ? is it one only ?

4. Once we login in portal how can we go to last page of application or directly to the upload documents screen ?

5. Funds Proof : here they are asking "'A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada "",
we are giving invitation with all info so it is ok with give bank summary and statements in the section ?

Please advise thanks members

Abhi

naird

Jun 5, 2022
Sharing timeline for recent application for parents super visa. Applied through GC Key:

Parents country of residence - India
Application submitted online - Mar 14, 2022
Biometric Request - Mar 15, 2022
Biometric completed- Apr 5, 2022
Medical Request - Apr 13, 2022
Medical Passed - May 12, 2022
Passport request - May 13, 2022
Application Approved - May 23, 2022

Landing on 11th June @YVR

TechyVishal

Dec 22, 2019
Hi Folks, sharing the timeline for my parents' Super Visa Application (applied through New Portal):

CoR: India
Upfront Medical: 26 May
Application Submitted: 29 May
Biometric Request: 29 May
Biometric Completed: 2 June
Medical Passed: 6 June
Biometric Validation Letter: 9 June
Passport Request: 9 June

Although I'm not expecting IRCC to process the application so fast, I'm amazed by the speed with which IRCC is processing applications nowadays.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hi Folks, sharing the timeline for my parents' Super Visa Application (applied through New Portal):

CoR: India
Upfront Medical: 26 May
Application Submitted: 29 May
Biometric Request: 29 May
Biometric Completed: 2 June
Medical Passed: 6 June
Biometric Validation Letter: 9 June
Passport Request: 9 June

Although I'm not expecting IRCC to process the application so fast, I'm amazed by the speed with which IRCC is processing applications nowadays.

sharma_usct

Mar 31, 2014
Hi all, need one urgent piece of advice, my mother is in Canada on a visitor visa from March 2019. We are extending her stay since then. Her visitor visa expired in 2021. However, we are still getting stay extensions(temporary resident-Permit-VR). We again applied for one as the last stay extension expired on April 2022. That application is in progress.

In the meantime, we applied for her PR 2 times but did not make it in the lottery.

Need guidance on Super Visa Vs temporary resident status extention

1. My mother has a USA visa and she can travel there. Can a super visa be applied from the USA or my mother needs to be in her home country only?

2. Which option should I choose. Take my mother out of Canada and apply for Super visa or should I keep on renewing my mother's temporary resident status?

3. There is chance of super visa rejection. There is a chance of rejection of temporary resident status too. Which one has less chance of rejection?

Thanks

Ronny123

Oct 23, 2020
Hi there

Could anyone help me with the new portal web address? I am using my GCKey login and not being able to download IMM 5257 form. I had been to an immigration lawyer and even he couldn't do it he said the system has crashed, I didn't believe in that, so I started my own end and I cant even download it either, let alone submitting it, please help me on this.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi all, need one urgent piece of advice, my mother is in Canada on a visitor visa from March 2019. We are extending her stay since then. Her visitor visa expired in 2021. However, we are still getting stay extensions(temporary resident-Permit-VR). We again applied for one as the last stay extension expired on April 2022. That application is in progress.

In the meantime, we applied for her PR 2 times but did not make it in the lottery.

Need guidance on Super Visa Vs temporary resident status extention

1. My mother has a USA visa and she can travel there. Can a super visa be applied from the USA or my mother needs to be in her home country only?

2. Which option should I choose. Take my mother out of Canada and apply for Super visa or should I keep on renewing my mother's temporary resident status?

3. There is chance of super visa rejection. There is a chance of rejection of temporary resident status too. Which one has less chance of rejection?

Thanks
1. I think it does not matter where your mom is to apply for Super Visa as long as you are submitting the application online. But she may have to go back to her home country to send the passport for visa stamping.

2. I think there is a limit on how many times you can extend your mom's TRV status. You also have to pay $200 or so to apply every six months. So the best option is to go for Super Visa.

3. As your mom is already in Canada and she also has US visa the chances of rejection of Super Visa are very low (based on my experience only). Just make sure you show adequate financial resources to support your mom's extended stay in Canada. You will also need to purchase Super Visa medical insurance before you can submit the application.

Good luck.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi there

Could anyone help me with the new portal web address? I am using my GCKey login and not being able to download IMM 5257 form. I had been to an immigration lawyer and even he couldn't do it he said the system has crashed, I didn't believe in that, so I started my own end and I cant even download it either, let alone submitting it, please help me on this.
Try this web link: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Bella987

Jun 27, 2021
Hello we applied for my mom’s super visa on 27th April 2022 from india , she already has her biometrics and her Medical was provided upfront , we got a notification saying that her medical got passed on May 26 2022 and that they don’t require her biometrics at this time . Can someone please let me know on average how long would it take to receive a decision on her application once the Medical’s have been passed ?