+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

May 31, 2022
Can someone pls answer this? Thanks.
I have exact same scenario. I have applied for my mom super visa in Feb 2022 and we waited for 10 months but didn't get any update so, she ended up coming here on visitor visa. She just received passport request for super visa since her super visa has been approved. Now I am not sure if I can submit passport to Ottawa embassy and I am also not sure if she can stay here more than 6 months since she landed in Canada on visitor visa.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been desperately looking for answer but no luck.

Reactions: Home_13579

Mehrad_zb

May 17, 2022
Could you please share your application journey timeline.
Review of eligibility
  • October 14, 2022 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • September 14, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • December 22, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • October 14, 2022 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
Hi Members
Can you please help with below ?

My parents received their medical request through the GCkey portal (IMM1017E).
They booked the medical exam and got it completed and got the eMedical copy as proof that medical was completed. BUT the physician did not ask for or do anything in the IMM1017E document.

Is that ok? Is having eMedical sufficient for result to show up in super visa app in GCkey portal ?

Or need the IMM1017E separately filled in as well ?

Anybody had the same experience?

Thanks in advance !!

Amet

Sep 24, 2022
Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding supervisa for my parents that I will be applying soon. I have applied for sponsership of my husband( as he is outside canada) after marriage and it is under process, I want to know if I apply for my parents , would the dependents be considered three or four for income requirement? I mean would my husband be considered as the dependent under the family even he is sponsored in different application for his permanent residency? Thanks for your time.
Any insight please?

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello everyone, for parents supervisa insurance, when selecting date, does it has to be from the date when we are expecting them to come? I mean let’s say if I am applying for them on Dec 1st, does it have to be dec 1 st on the insurance plan or it has to start from the date when they are supposed to come, let’s say nex year in march? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello everyone, for parents supervisa insurance, when selecting date, does it has to be from the date when we are expecting them to come? I mean let’s say if I am applying for them on Dec 1st, does it have to be dec 1 st on the insurance plan or it has to start from the date when they are supposed to come, let’s say nex year in march? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
THe date on the application should be the date the insurance should start. After you submit and closer to the date, you can call your insurance company to change the date. But ask your insurance company about their policies concerning this. People change dates all the time since nothing is set in stone.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
THe date on the application should be the date the insurance should start. After you submit and closer to the date, you can call your insurance company to change the date. But ask your insurance company about their policies concerning this. People change dates all the time since nothing is set in stone.
Thank you so much for your help. So, the date of insurance start does not have to be the date when we filed the application right?
It has to be the date when the parents want to visit? I understand that on application we have to write the date when insurance is going to start. But like if I am filing my parents application in dec but they want to come in june 2023, can I have the policy start date as june 2023, or it has to be when the application is submitted.Thanks

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Thank you so much for your help. So, the date of insurance start does not have to be the date when we filed the application right?
It has to be the date when the parents want to visit? I understand that on application we have to write the date when insurance is going to start. But like if I am filing my parents application in dec but they want to come in june 2023, can I have the policy start date as june 2023, or it has to be when the application is submitted.Thanks
It has to be the date you said they would come in the application. So let’s say you want to submit the application today but you wrote there that they were coming on January 1st, the insurance would start on January 1st. Hope this helps!

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
It has to be the date you said they would come in the application. So let’s say you want to submit the application today but you wrote there that they were coming on January 1st, the insurance would start on January 1st. Hope this helps!
Thank you again!

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
So in this case of the date you put on the application was that they were coming June 2023, that’s the date the insurance will start.

ethan86

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
How to do upfront medical for supervisa?

What kind of documents do we need to provide to the physician?

Thanks!

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
How to do upfront medical for supervisa?

What kind of documents do we need to provide to the physician?

Thanks!
No documents needed. Just their passport. You can check a list of approved physicians on the cic website. You just book an appointment with them and pay. They know all about upfront medical.

ethan86

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Any recommendations for medical insurance provider for super visa application? I can see in some of the post that they used monthly plan instead of the plan that needs to pay for a whole year.

Thank!

Shas1601

Jun 3, 2018
Any recommendations for medical insurance provider for super visa application? I can see in some of the post that they used monthly plan instead of the plan that needs to pay for a whole year.

Thank!
+1 here

I too am looking for recommendations? Basically looking for someone who actually used the insurance. Help is much appreciated, thanks

charanbir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
pre medicals
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Hello Guys,

Sharing my parents timeline:

Country of Residence (India):

App Submission: Feb 28, 2022
Biometric collection: March 1, 2022
Medical request: Oct 25, 2022
Medical passed: Nov 6, 2022
BVL & PPR: Nov 8, 2022

** July 27, 2022: Contacted local MP for status update.
Aug 10, 2022: According to MP eligibility is under process, 2nd follow up scheduled for September 15.
September 15, 2022: No new updates.
September 22, 2022: GCMS notes ordered but no update till PPR.

Thanks,