+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

KavyaPrathap

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Right, but by the time I will raise a webform and they will get to it, it will already be 25th Nov and medical would have expired.
Oh I see... You mean to say that you have done medicals one year back which will expire by 25th Nov ?

Or do you mean we have to submit our application within 2 weeks of doing the upfront medicals ?

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
Oh I see... You mean to say that you have done medicals one year back which will expire by 25th Nov ?

Or do you mean we have to submit our application within 2 weeks of doing the upfront medicals ?
I got the medicals done for Visa extension application, earlier they never asked for it but last year the rule changed and they specifically raised a request for medical even for visa extension when my mom was in Canada. There is no 2 weeks requirement, you should just have a valid medical and it should hopefully be valid atleast for the duration of application processing. As there is waiting time, it shouldn't happen that when they start working on the application the medical is expired. In the worst case they will ask for a re-medical, nothing more.

Reactions: KavyaPrathap

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
Original Regular Visa application: 14 June 2022
Biometrics: 20 Jun2 2022

No update ever since for that visa so decided to apply for supervisa.

Applied Supervisa October 24, 2022 with Upfront medical for both parents.

Passport request: Nov 17, 2022

Reactions: KavyaPrathap

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
Original Regular Visa application: 14 June 2022
Biometrics: 20 Jun2 2022

No update ever since for that visa so decided to apply for supervisa.

Applied Supervisa October 24, 2022 with Upfront medical for both parents.

Passport request: Nov 17, 2022
Congratulations, may I ask, did you use portal or GCKey?

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
I am asking this for my mother. She applied for a SUPER VISA from India in August 2022 and came to Canada on her visitor visa in August. Her SUPER VISA got approved in September 2022 while she was in Canada. The passport got stamped in Canada only. Question: Is she required to go to India within 6 months from her entry date on her visitor VISA? Is she required to leave the country for her SUPER VISA to get activated? Please guide.
Hi, Could you please tell me what did you do to get the passport stamped for supervisa, in Canada?

Reactions: dentist1

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
Congratulations, may I ask, did you use portal or GCKey?
I did them with the IRCC portal which was registered using my email id for both applications. What I learned was that Supervisa is still faster than a regular visa and that to keep both applications, they will remove the regular one and process the supervisa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Home_13579

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
I did them with the IRCC portal which was registered using my email id for both applications. What I learned was that Supervisa is still faster than a regular visa and that to keep both applications, they will remove the regular one and process the supervisa.
Good to know that, I am stuck with the GCKey application for my mother's supervisa. Its been 7 months now but recently there was some movement. I hope to get it soon now. It is very strange that our application took so much time despite already having a visitor visa and upfront medical.

Reactions: Home_13579

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
Good to know that, I am stuck with the GCKey application for my mother's supervisa. Its been 7 months now but recently there was some movement. I hope to get it soon now. It is very strange that our application took so much time despite already having a visitor visa and upfront medical.
I have heard that IRCC portal is quicker but at the same time, even those claims are false as on this forum I have seen people claming both to be of same pace. I did the applications myself but when I was not sure if that would be okay or not, I consulted an agent and she suggested withdrawing self-applied supervisa application and apply again with her help. (The same agent, got my brother-in-law's inlaws' supervisa in a week). I was convinced and asked her to withdraw it on this coming monday but before that monday comes, they got approval. I even had an appointment with local MP on Monday and I was going to get it escalated. I would suggest send an email to you MP and convince him/her that there is a dire need for your parent to be with you and they can certainly take care of it. I hope you dont need that and get your approval soon.

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
This will sound weird but did you ever consider reapplying with Portal?

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
I have heard that IRCC portal is quicker but at the same time, even those claims are false as on this forum I have seen people claming both to be of same pace. I did the applications myself but when I was not sure if that would be okay or not, I consulted an agent and she suggested withdrawing self-applied supervisa application and apply again with her help. (The same agent, got my brother-in-law's inlaws' supervisa in a week). I was convinced and asked her to withdraw it on this coming monday but before that monday comes, they got approval. I even had an appointment with local MP on Monday and I was going to get it escalated. I would suggest send an email to you MP and convince him/her that there is a dire need for your parent to be with you and they can certainly take care of it. I hope you dont need that and get your approval soon.
I have already contacted my MP's office 1.5 months ago and they were of no help. All they did was tell me that Indian visa office is flooded with applications and it is normal processing time. They even asked me to contact them again after 2 months i.e. 7.5 months after application date :) I could have brought my mom back to Canada on visitor visa but I was not sure if we will be able to get her passport stamped for supervisa here in canada and whether she will have to leave the country to activate supervisa or not.

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
This will sound weird but did you ever consider reapplying with Portal?
No, I had higher hopes of getting it from GCKey soon as a lot of time had passed already. The biggest nightmare now is to get a direct flight in 3rd or 4th week of December once we have visa in hand :p

Mich19

Jul 17, 2022
Hello my parents recently got PPR, does anyone know how long it takes to get passport back once submitted? We are sending to the Delhi office. Thanks!