+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Yes. I see applications in Jan are getting a decision in less than 10 working days. Also, applications from Dec last week are getting processed very soon

I know of a friend who applied for Sister Oct 29 using the IRCC Portal and there was no movement,. She reapplied Jan 14 again on the New portal and got the approval on Jan 19

Another friend applied for wife + 2 kids on Oct 2 on the new portal. He waited till Jan 2 and reapplied on the New portal for a 2nd time. Jan 10th he receive PPR.

I am now tempted to submit fresh application on the Portal again
I know.. it’s very unfortunate. If you are re applying will you apply on a new portal again? I applied on a new portal before, I was thinking to re apply on GC key now. Unable to decide whether to apply on a new portal again or gc key portal.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi,

I applied for my parents supervisa
date application submitted Jan 2021
I got biometric request and submitted September 2021 they show status completed. I did not submit upfront medical and I didn't received any request for medical either. I sent forum request Jan 19 2022 and I got reply from them saying they can't give me processing time but application is still in process. Any suggestions if applications are getting proceed faster because I submitted it 1 year ago and still no update.
If @BillHyatt can suggest I will be appreciate the help.
If possible I would recommend to re-apply for Super Visa as newer applications are being processed while the existing one seems to be not moving. Else, keep trying to contact IRCC via webform, emails and calls.

Another way is to request medicals and if you are successful in getting those then your file will move.

Reactions: pinda18

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I know.. it’s very unfortunate. If you are re applying will you apply on a new portal again? I applied on a new portal before, I was thinking to re apply on GC key now. Unable to decide whether to apply on a new portal again or gc key portal.
I am in the same confusion. I am not sure where to apply. They are reviewing both places

DRAJPUT

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

I applied for my father super visa from India on 22nd oct 2021 on new IRCC portal.

We did Medical upfront.
Got biometric request on 23rd Oct 2021.
Biometrics given on 29th Oct 2021.
The biometric status still show::::We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.

There has been no update on our application from 3 months.
I have raised 3 webforms but got standard reply.
Still waiting....not sure how and where the application got stuck.
Not sure what to do now.

Thanks
There has been no update on my father's supervisa application.
I have tried almost everything I can from my side.
I raise 4 webform, for one of them I got reply that all the documents has been received by the concerned office and nothing is required from my side. They just told me to wait for some more time.

I contacted my MP and her office got a reply on my father's application. In reply thet mentioned the same thing that the application has been received and the processing is going on. Due to covid they cannot tell how much time it will take for final decision.

I contacted IRCC over twitter and there also they told me that my application has been received and no document is required from me at the moment. They will contact me if anything is required.

The only option left is to either re apply or wait further.

Hkaur9624

Jan 6, 2022
Hi guys,

My mother travelled to Canada on a visit visa few weeks ago. Though she applied for super visa from her home country, she received the request to submit her passport a day ago. Does she have to return to her home country to submit the passport or is it possible to submit here in Canada. If so, what is the process involved. I did not find any details on the ircc website or FAQs.

Thanks.
Hi there,
I’m in a similar situation. Were you be able to find any help/info on this? If you can share would be great.
Thank you!!

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Hi all,
Have a set of questions. I applied for my parents super visa in Nov 2021 using old portal.
Does reapplying on new portal helps?
if we reapply on new portal, do we have to withdraw old application or it automatically get discarded.
Anybody who reapplied on new portal please advise.

Appreciate any help.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
New applications for parents have had super quick approvals in under 4-5 business days.
Depends ! Not every application. Lots of people from Dec and Jan waiting and it has been more than 25+ days at least for me.
I am not saying re apply is not useful, I did that 25 days ago (FOMO). 1st application was April 2021 and only Bio was done, no update on medical yet. On 2nd application, not even Bio update yet. So its all depend on where and who is handling your file some visa office and officer are quick and some are not (Delhi is one of them)

I contacted my MP too, same thing, IRCC is working on it...!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Depends ! Not every application. Lots of people from Dec and Jan waiting and it has been more than 25+ days at least for me.
I am not saying re apply is not useful, I did that 25 days ago (FOMO). 1st application was April 2021 and only Bio was done, no update on medical yet. On 2nd application, not even Bio update yet. So its all depend on where and who is handling your file some visa office and officer are quick and some are not (Delhi is one of them)

25 days is reasonable

I am waiting for close to 90 days and there are many more

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I applied at new portal for both my parents last night Jan 31st and while reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada. I have just now requested a withdrawal for both applications. does anyone know how long it may take for the withdrawal so that i can submit and new application as soon as possible?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I applied at new portal for both my parents last night Jan 31st and while reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada. I have just now requested a withdrawal for both applications. does anyone know how long it may take for the withdrawal so that i can submit and new application as soon as possible?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

Check this page for information.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
thank you for responding. yes I have checked the withdrawal process (the same link you provided) and submitted the webform accordingly this morning. just I was trying to find out how long it may take for the withdrawal. I am getting stressed as i don't want the visa officer to assume I lied in the application. where it was an honest mistake and I requested the withdrawal right away to ensure this doesn't effect negatively to my parents profile :(

rajesjmakhija0878

May 10, 2021
My parents Super Visa application has no movement from last three three months, really frustrating !!

Timeline:
Application Submitted: Sept 29, 2021
Biometric Request: Oct 19, 2021
Biometrics Completed: Nov 01, 2021

Waiting for medical request since then. I contacted them via webform and they said applications are delayed and priority is Afghanistan Refugee Program.

Last edited:

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017

Same!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My parents application has no movement from last three three months, really frustrating !!

Timeline:
Application Submitted: Sept 29, 2021
Biometric Request: Oct 19, 2021
Biometrics Completed: Nov 01, 2021

Waiting for medical request since then. I contacted them via webform and they said applications are delayed and priority is Afghanistan Refugee Program.
Is this for super visa? I am sorry to hear. some people are getting visa in 4-5 days. this is just crazy