+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,

I have read in other posts that it’s normal for the old application to be withdrawn when we have a new one. Last week my father’s application on old portal had this same withdrawn status too. Waiting for an update on the new application. Hopefully soon. So Nothing to worry about the old application being withdrawn.
Hi,
Did you submit any marriage certificate for your parents?
Thanks

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
No, not required for Super Visa. Only my NOA of previous year.
By NOA you mean your tax documents, bank statements and pay stubs etc?

Just now found that by NOA you mean the federal income tax notice of assessment, right?

Last edited:

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hi,
Did you submit any marriage certificate for your parents?
Thanks
My parents only had a church wedding certificate. So we submitted that and copies of their passport that have their names as spouses. We also wrote a LOE stating the same.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Need Suggestion:

Hi All,
I am looking to apply for my parents Super Visa from India. My dad retired 2 years back and my mother is a homemaker.
I have few queries:

1. Is it important to submit marriage certificate? I am really finding it hard to get one. Covid has made it more difficult.
I heard that I can submit the affidavit but I am not confident about it that IRCC will accept it or not. Any idea on this?

2. What can I show as strong ties to India. My dad has investments and all but no property on his name as we live in a joint family and everyhting is on grandpa's name. How to prove strong ties to India?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!!
For 2, I am hearing mixed opinions regarding submitting docs to prove ties to home country. Some are saying that is not required for Supervisa but is required for visitor visa only and some are saying that we have to submit it for Supervisa also. In current Covid times, it is risky for older parents to go around collecting documents which might not be really required.

saksharma28

Jul 9, 2019
Hi folks! Can anyone who applied for supervisa for parents advise on an average how much time application processing is taking these days? Are there any delays due to pandemic?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Finally received PPR. This forum really helped me a lot and thank you :)

Timeline:
Upfront Meds: 14 July 2021
Applied on GCKey: 21st August 2021
Biometrics request: 24 August 2021
Biometrics Submitted: 27 August 2021

[No movement ever since]

Resubmitted application (New IRCC portal): 18th November 2021
Medicals passed: 23rd December 2021
Eligibility Started: 26th Jan 2022
BVL: 31 Jan 2022
PPR for both applicants: 31 Jan 2022

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Finally received PPR. This forum really helped me a lot and thank you :)

Timeline:
Upfront Meds: 14 July 2021
Applied on GCKey: 21st August 2021
Biometrics request: 24 August 2021
Biometrics Submitted: 27 August 2021

[No movement ever since]

Resubmitted application (New IRCC portal): 18th November 2021
Medicals passed: 23rd December 2021
Eligibility Started: 26th Jan 2022
BVL: 31 Jan 2022
PPR for both applicants: 31 Jan 2022
Congratulations. Wonder what will happen to older applications

karedisa

Nov 21, 2021
Can someone please help me?
I applied for my parents super visa from India on October 8th, 2021. They did their medical upfront Dec 3rd, 2021. It hasn’t been updated yet on the portal. Check with medical clinic they had submitted their reports long time ago. Since the application was filled there hasn’t been a single update on it. Raised 2 webforms and get same generic reply. I am getting frustrated. I want my parents here this summer. Is there any other way to contact cic or see what is going on? If I apply again do I lose the application previous fees?
Thank you.

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I applied for my parents super visa from India on October 8th, 2021. They did their medical upfront Dec 3rd, 2021. It hasn’t been updated yet on the portal. Check with medical clinic they had submitted their reports long time ago. Since the application was filled there hasn’t been a single update on it. Raised 2 webforms and get same generic reply. I am getting frustrated. I want my parents here this summer. Is there any other way to contact cic or see what is going on? If I apply again do I lose the application previous fees?
Thank you.
We are in same boat. There are people waiting from September, October, November. I have the same frustration, applied for my mom on September 29th with an upfront medical. Biometrics were done on October 14th and since than it’s been a long silence. No updates, nothing at all. It’s very sad that they are processing new applications faster than the old ones.

• Angry
Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes. I see applications in Jan are getting a decision in less than 10 working days. Also, applications from Dec last week are getting processed very soon

I know of a friend who applied for Sister Oct 29 using the IRCC Portal and there was no movement,. She reapplied Jan 14 again on the New portal and got the approval on Jan 19

Another friend applied for wife + 2 kids on Oct 2 on the new portal. He waited till Jan 2 and reapplied on the New portal for a 2nd time. Jan 10th he receive PPR.

I am now tempted to submit fresh application on the Portal again

• Angry
Reactions: manpreet_11

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you.
Yes. I see applications in Jan are getting a decision in less than 10 working days. Also, applications from Dec last week are getting processed very soon

I know of a friend who applied for Sister Oct 29 using the IRCC Portal and there was no movement,. She reapplied Jan 14 again on the New portal and got the approval on Jan 19

Another friend applied for wife + 2 kids on Oct 2 on the new portal. He waited till Jan 2 and reapplied on the New portal for a 2nd time. Jan 10th he receive PPR.

I am now tempted to submit fresh application on the Portal again

priyapesaru

Jan 10, 2019
Waiting Since June 2021(Only Biometrics have been submitted so far) - no news yet...guess few folks are waiting since March 2021...and no news abt those applicants as well................................................................looks like applying for second time is not recommended as per IRCC...but do i cross the line...is the question? i read few folks got lucky on there 2nd application and dint work for few folks.... (Applications from India only)...looks like applications from other countries are getting processed much faster thn India.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Waiting Since June 2021(Only Biometrics have been submitted so far) - no news yet...guess few folks are waiting since March 2021...and no news abt those applicants as well................................................................looks like applying for second time is not recommended as per IRCC...but do i cross the line...is the question? i read few folks got lucky on there 2nd application and dint work for few folks.... (Applications from India only)...looks like applications from other countries are getting processed much faster thn India.
New applications for parents have had super quick approvals in under 4-5 business days.