+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi all,

I am applying for Super visa. Some people say that I should get the invitation letter notarized and some people say that I don't have to. Can someone please clarify if we need to notarize the invitation letter for Super visa or not?

Thank you.
Hi,
Did you apply for the Super Visa?

I have few questions.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey Guys, I recently applied for Supervisa for my parents, below are the timelines. I was reading this forum and everybody is mentioning about New portal and old portal, what are those? I only know on portal which GIC login. Is there any other portal than this for applying Supervisa?

Timeline:
File Logged : 3rd Jan2022
Biometric : 11th Jan 2022
Medical request : 15th Jan 2022
Medical update: Mother - 27th Jan and Father- still not updated.
Hi,

I am also looking to apply for my parents Visa. I have a question if you could help.
Did you submit the marriage certificate for your parents/

Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi,

I am also looking to apply for my parents Visa. I have a question if you could help.
Did you submit the marriage certificate for your parents/

Thanks
I recently submitted my parents application for super visa so i only remember that we need their marriage date to mention in the form, I didn't upload so nothing to worry

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Did you use new portal or old?
Did you receive biometrics request or medical?
Old portal.I received biometric request after 24 hrs

Jan 8, 2022
My parents application on GC KEY says
Your application was withdrawn.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 19, 2022:Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.

I did not request it to be withdrawn!!

I have applied on the new portal as well where the last update is Jan 17 Medical passed.

Can someone help me understand this ? Also the withdraw status message was displayed on after 27/28 Jan as I regularly check the status.

PLEASE help me.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022
It was automatically withdrawn 2 days prior to PPR.
Hello, my parents application on GC Key says your application was withdrawn. We did not request this. Is this normal ?
I have also applied on the new portal where it does not say anything like this.
I am so scared. Do you have any idea whats happening here ?

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hello, my parents application on GC Key says your application was withdrawn. We did not request this. Is this normal ?
I have also applied on the new portal where it does not say anything like this.
I am so scared. Do you have any idea whats happening here ?
Hi,

I have read in other posts that it’s normal for the old application to be withdrawn when we have a new one. Last week my father’s application on old portal had this same withdrawn status too. Waiting for an update on the new application. Hopefully soon. So Nothing to worry about the old application being withdrawn.

Reactions: garlicbread007
Jan 8, 2022
Hi,

I have read in other posts that it’s normal for the old application to be withdrawn when we have a new one. Last week my father’s application on old portal had this same withdrawn status too. Waiting for an update on the new application. Hopefully soon. So Nothing to worry about the old application being withdrawn.
OH Thank goodness. I was so scared. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah hopefully we both get visas approved. My parents are waiting since around October. The 'processing' time of 50-55 days made it worse since we were expecting to be united around new years. Alas, may we both have positive results soon !

Reactions: mandy.c

pinda18

Jun 25, 2015
Hi,

I applied for my parents supervisa
date application submitted Jan 2021
I got biometric request and submitted September 2021 they show status completed. I did not submit upfront medical and I didn't received any request for medical either. I sent forum request Jan 19 2022 and I got reply from them saying they can't give me processing time but application is still in process. Any suggestions if applications are getting proceed faster because I submitted it 1 year ago and still no update.
If @BillHyatt can suggest I will be appreciate the help.

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
OH Thank goodness. I was so scared. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah hopefully we both get visas approved. My parents are waiting since around October. The 'processing' time of 50-55 days made it worse since we were expecting to be united around new years. Alas, may we both have positive results soon !
Yes, same here. Waiting since March 2021. Wanted to be reunited for Christmas Atleast but… well hopefully very soon. fingers crossed.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
My parents application on GC KEY says
Your application was withdrawn.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 19, 2022:Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.

I did not request it to be withdrawn!!

I have applied on the new portal as well where the last update is Jan 17 Medical passed.

Can someone help me understand this ? Also the withdraw status message was displayed on after 27/28 Jan as I regularly check the status.

PLEASE help me.
Hi,
Did you submit any proof of marriage for your parents?