+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
hi
there is an option "Purpose of Travel - Other (required) ", how can i show proof of return ticket of my parents(they are staying with me for almost 2 years).
anybody can suggest me please?
There is an option for purpose of my visit under Details of visit to Canada in the imm5257e. If you are applying for a super visa I would suggest that you should always use a super visa as an option.

Last edited:

harvinder1234

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
There is an option for purpose of my visit under Details of visit to Canada in the imm5257e. If you are applying for a super visa I would suggest that you should always use a super visa as an option.
Hi
Thanks for reply, i am talking about an option in GC portal (under Supporting Documents) not in imm5257e form. what document i can provide in this option.
Thanks again

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
no updates yet. But I wrote to my local mp to help on getting the updates from IRCC. (thnx for the suggestion in this forum.)

The response from MP is 'The update is that Mrs. XXXXX application has been finalized. She may receive correspondence from IRCC this month. '

I enquired again to confirm what does finalized mean and response is that it's not 100% confirmed approved but very likely. Need to wait for official update.
Sorry but wat MP .. best luck

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hello everyone!
I reapplied for my mother’s supervisa through the new portal on Oct 8th and I have still not received anything for her. Is there anyone else who is going through the same timeline? I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s so frustrating.
After how long u reapply second time ..

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
if you are applying for a super visa, I would suggest using a super visa in the reason.
Thanks for the reply mapleafland, can you let me know what is the difference between the options?

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
What was the reason you chose? did you choose (1) reunification with family members or (2) supervisa?
Supervisa ( something like > 6 months)

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
hi
there is an option "Purpose of Travel - Other (required) ", how can i show proof of return ticket of my parents(they are staying with me for almost 2 years).
anybody can suggest me please?
It could be a purpose of travel letter from the applicant, signed by the applicant, similar to a letter of invitation but shorter and more focused on the reason for the trip.

Sachin Manro

Apr 5, 2019
Hello
I submitted an application for super visa for my mom on 23 August 2021 and next day immigration asked for biometrics. Biometrics has been submitted on 10 November 2021. After I haven’t heard anything back from them. Without asking for medical from immigration I submitted upfront medical to immigration last week December 2021
Can someone respond what should I do?
Immigration is going too mulch time to process it

ShreyaM

Jan 3, 2022
Hello All,

Congratulations to any getting the Super Visa for your parents. I am Shreya from Ontario. I am also planning to apply for my mother's Super Visa. I was wondering if you can help me with some questions.

1. Is the current timelines around 52 days for Super Visa using the New IRCC Portal? Or is there a big back log of applications and current timelines are several months?

2. What kind of ties to home country should we show? (Family, Property, Profession) I understand its critical to show this as a guarantee of return.

3. Should I use the New Portal or GC Key? Is it true that the New Portal applications are faster?

4. Do we need to submit insurance for 100k? If so, where should I purchase from?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here.

Thanks
Shreya

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hello All,

Congratulations to any getting the Super Visa for your parents. I am Shreya from Ontario. I am also planning to apply for my mother's Super Visa. I was wondering if you can help me with some questions.

1. Is the current timelines around 52 days for Super Visa using the New IRCC Portal? Or is there a big back log of applications and current timelines are several months?

2. What kind of ties to home country should we show? (Family, Property, Profession) I understand its critical to show this as a guarantee of return.

3. Should I use the New Portal or GC Key? Is it true that the New Portal applications are faster?

4. Do we need to submit insurance for 100k? If so, where should I purchase from?

Thanks
Shreya

Thats not true, it varies no guarantee of timelines, you can get early or beyond these timelines.

Supervisa the one who invitees need to show financial documents with 1 year NOA and recent pay stubs, ensure you meet the LICO requirements required. Home ties are not mandatory for supervisa, if there you could provide, else not needed. Your financial status matters for supervisa.

I dont agree, i feel both are same.

Yes this is mandatory, any insurance provider will give you, just let them know your requirements and they will let you know the price , if not you can directly buy from companies like manulife, destination canada, Tugo

Reactions: ShreyaM

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Super visa for my parents, application timeline (India):

Oct 1, 2021: Applied
Oct 2: Biometric request
Oct 12: Biometric done
Nov 4: Biometric status accepted
Nov 9: Medical request
Nov 22: Medical done
Dec 1 (mother), Dec 6 (Father): Medicals passed
Dec 14: BVL letter
Dec 14 (received at the same time with the BVL letter): PPR
Dec 15: Applied through webform for 2-way courier service for passports
Dec 16: Received payment link, paid
Dec 17: Passport collected by Blue dart courier
Dec 21: Passport reached visa office for stamping (New Delhi)
Jan 1: New year's gift: Passports with visa stamps!

Shoot any questions, if you have.

ShreyaM

Jan 3, 2022
Super visa for my parents, application timeline (India):

Oct 1, 2021: Applied
Oct 2: Biometric request
Oct 12: Biometric done
Nov 4: Biometric status accepted
Nov 9: Medical request
Nov 22: Medical done
Dec 1 (mother), Dec 6 (Father): Medicals passed
Dec 14: BVL letter
Dec 14 (received at the same time with the BVL letter): PPR
Dec 15: Applied through webform for 2-way courier service for passports
Dec 16: Received payment link, paid
Dec 17: Passport collected by Blue dart courier
Dec 21: Passport reached visa office for stamping (New Delhi)
Jan 1: New year's gift: Passports with visa stamps!

Shoot any questions, if you have.
Hello All,

Congratulations on getting the Super Visa for your parents. I am also planning to apply for my mother's Super Visa. I was wondering if you can help me with some questions.

1. Your timeline from Application submission to BLV is about 2.5 months. Would you say its pretty fast or standard speed?

2. What kind of ties to home country did you show? (Family, Property, Profession) I understand its critical to show this as a guarantee of return.

3. Did you use the New Portal or GC Key? Is it true that the New Portal applications are faster?

4. Did you submit insurance for 100k?

Thanks
Shreya