+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi All, I am going to apply for my mother's super visa in Jan 22. I had a few questions. It would help if anyone could provide any information -

1. Is there any standard format for the letter of invitation from me to her? And, do I need to state some specific reason to justify why she will stay more than 6 months? Or is it better to keep it simple by saying that my family just wishes to be together for a longer period of time?

2. For proof of funds, is it okay to show 2021 pay stubs (current 2-3 months) and employment letter? Or is it necessary to show Tax Return?

3. Which is insurance company provides a reliable insurance? I thinking of situations where there is no upfront payment from us and the hospital/clinic directly gets paid from the insurance provider without any hassle of claim. Is Manulife a reliable one?

4. What is the current timeline? IRCC says 48 days as of today.

Highly appreciate any answer.

aregm

Mar 31, 2019
Hi, here is timeline for my parent's super visa
2021-11-07 Submitted online (GCKey)
2021-11-08 Biometrics Collection Letter
2021-11-17 Biometrics completed
2021-12-09 Med exam request
2021-12-21 Med exam performed
2021-12-29 Med exam passed
On the application it says now (I removed things I already mentioned above)
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I wanted to ask if there are chances of rejections after this (there is no criminal history and she never been in North America)? And will they require police certificate and how many days they give for that? Also when they request passport, how many days they give for that? Asking as she is currently not in home country. Thanks in advance.

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hey Guys, I got biometrics request for parents on 7th but was not able to get appointment in 30days period.

Should I raise a webform for it? my parents are VFS appointment booked on 33rd day from biometric request.

Nellyshinwari

Star Member
Sep 9, 2021
Hey Guys, I got biometrics request for parents on 7th but was not able to get appointment in 30days period.

Should I raise a webform for it? my parents are VFS appointment booked on 33rd day from biometric request.
Yes u should msg ircc to give u more time for biometric

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
i am planning to apply supervisa for my mom.
Looks like proof of insurance and document check list are mandatory document that needs to be provided.

but i dont the option to upload these 2 docs in the online application.
Where should i upload these docs
Did you find the option to upload? I also don't see proof of insurance document link

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
Hi Every one,

A Question related Biometrics - while submitting Webform - It stated in webform that "Did you enrol biometrics for this application?" but my parents had already done their biometrics previously with VISA application (2019) and they are valid for 10 years (till 2029) now they have submitted SuperVISA, application and so for this new application, they did not to provide biometrics. what should we select "YES" or "NO".

What is PL Services (Premium Lounge) ?

Thanks and Regards,
Dadhichi

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Thank you for your reply!
Let me know how it goes with the new portal. I might have to do the same if they keep delaying the process. It is frustrating.
No progress in new IRCC portal. Just the biometrics were reflected from Old application.

Strange is my fathers medicals are updated which were done on 30Sep2021 and till date mothers does not reflect. Sent so many webforms no use.

I think if re-applying apply via GC key, that is only faster. IRCC portal works for regular visitor visa and if parents had prior visa. Else i dont think it works. We need to wait if first time applied, said this they are exceptions, but lucky people who get it faster.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018

There is note in IRCC that its excepted , so you can book later than 30days. Check IRCC website somewhere, meanwhile drop them a message too

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
No progress in new IRCC portal. Just the biometrics were reflected from Old application.

Strange is my fathers medicals are updated which were done on 30Sep2021 and till date mothers does not reflect. Sent so many webforms no use.

I think if re-applying apply via GC key, that is only faster. IRCC portal works for regular visitor visa and if parents had prior visa. Else i dont think it works. We need to wait if first time applied, said this they are exceptions, but lucky people who get it faster.
I think the same as well, I applied for my mother’s supervisa through new portal on September 29th with upfront medical and biometrics were done in October. After that no update at all. I feel like they are only processing supervisa applications through GC key, new portal supposed to be for faster processing but that’s not the case. It’s been over 90 days now. I am unable to decide if what to do now, i have been waiting patiently but I might need to take an action before it’s too late. But re applying means I will have to gather all the required documents with a new date??? Not sure what to do. I don’t understand why they even started the new portal if they are processing applications from GC key. It’s very frustrating.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
I think the same as well, I applied for my mother’s supervisa through new portal on September 29th with upfront medical and biometrics were done in October. After that no update at all. I feel like they are only processing supervisa applications through GC key, new portal supposed to be for faster processing but that’s not the case. It’s been over 90 days now. I am unable to decide if what to do now, i have been waiting patiently but I might need to take an action before it’s too late. But re applying means I will have to gather all the required documents with a new date??? Not sure what to do. I don’t understand why they even started the new portal if they are processing applications from GC key. It’s very frustrating.
I think IRCC is transferring from an old to a new portal. Extremely slowly as everything in Canada

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
It has been 210 days now since I applied for my mother’s super visa using the GCKEY portal…. No updates at all…. For persons who applied using the GCKEY portal- what was the processing like for you/ how has it been so far?

Nishreen

Apr 18, 2019
I filed my parents application under the old portal on July 1. They are domiciled in Kuwait and the VO is Abu dhabi. Biometrics were done but no movement after that.

They filed the application a second time on November 19 under the new portal and no updaets on that either.

Can anyone shed light on what the processing time is like for the Abu dhabi VO?