+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi all and @steaky

Re purpose of travel for supervisa, what did you put as an itenary plan for your parents supervisa? Did you purchase a ticket and should we include it? Thanks so much for your help
You don't have to purchase tickets for the application. And ideally, don't purchase tickets before their final decision comes in.
Just write their tentative visit plan, e.g., they would visit our family, go to these places to visit, spend time with pregnant wife/children, etc. Write tentative dates of travel. If applying for super visa, I'd suggest you write a plan for a visit of more than 6 months. If less than 6 months mentioned, chances are that they will grant visitor visa instead of super visa. I know someone who got that.

Reactions: Parisuzy

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Is the LICO table per mpnth or per year?

Also, should I add 30% to the table?
It's per year income of the family/household. Means the yearly income of both of you and your spouse.
I don't think many people have that much 'monthly' income (>$50,000) to fulfill the LICO requirement! :D If so, then only a handful of people from all over Canada would be eligible to apply for super visa!

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
How do you mean by 'how early'?
Usually people apply for it well in advance of their prospective visit to Canada. Bear in mind that the process takes months. So apply as early as all the required documents are ready.
Thanks so much. I wonder if I can apply about one year in advance or will it be a metter of concern?

Also, would that be ok that I apply for my dad supervisa also, when I do it for my mom? I am asking as my dad has a valid visitor visa till 2023 and my mom's visitor visa has expired. Will the officer say that your dad has already a visa?

Thanks so much

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You don't have to purchase tickets for the application. And ideally, don't purchase tickets before their final decision comes in.
Just write their tentative visit plan, e.g., they would visit our family, go to these places to visit, spend time with pregnant wife/children, etc. Write tentative dates of travel. If applying for super visa, I'd suggest you write a plan for a visit of more than 6 months. If less than 6 months mentioned, chances are that they will grant visitor visa instead of super visa. I know someone who got that.
Thanks so much. Would 7 month stay be fine for a super visa or do you recommend me to increase? What should I say for purpose of visit, just visiting family? Thanks again

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi again

I just talked to my parent and they asked a question. Given the long processing time of supervisa, does it worth applying it or would it be better to apply for a visitor visa? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks so much

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020

For the itenary, to be honest there is no plan. We want to spend time with each other. Would that be sufficient or should I elaborate on each month? Thanks so much for your advice.

likerajeev

Jul 22, 2020
i am planning to apply supervisa for my mom.
Looks like proof of insurance and document check list are mandatory document that needs to be provided.

but i dont the option to upload these 2 docs in the online application.
Where should i upload these docs

Aimen Khan

Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone!
I reapplied for my mother’s supervisa through the new portal on Oct 8th and I have still not received anything for her. Is there anyone else who is going through the same timeline? I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s so frustrating.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hello everyone!
I reapplied for my mother’s supervisa through the new portal on Oct 8th and I have still not received anything for her. Is there anyone else who is going through the same timeline? I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s so frustrating.
yes there are many on same boat. i originally applied 25Mar2021 through GC key, no progress. 25Oct2021 applied IRCC portal, nothing since then.Looks to me for some reason Oct 2021 applications are stuck somewhere who applied in IRCC portal

Reactions: manpreet_11

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
yes there are many on same boat. i originally applied 25Mar2021 through GC key, no progress. 25Oct2021 applied IRCC portal, nothing since then.Looks to me for some reason Oct 2021 applications are stuck somewhere who applied in IRCC portal
I applied for my mother on September 29th in IRCC portal, I am still waiting too.. hopefully they will send PPRs soon when holidays are gone..

Reactions: civiluv24

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Thanks so much. Would 7 month stay be fine for a super visa or do you recommend me to increase? What should I say for purpose of visit, just visiting family? Thanks again
Hey, nobody can assure you how many months. In general, super visa application is advised to have more than 6 months. It's up to you to decide how many.
I'd say make an itinerary of around 8-9 months. Include that your parents need to visit you because you haven't met them for ............. months/years. Also, you could include some famous places in Canada that they would like to visit, or they wish to celebrate certain anniversaries in Canada that are important to your family, or something like that. Write a few reasons for them to visit Canada. Do some research online, Google how to make an itinerary, etc.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi again

I just talked to my parent and they asked a question. Given the long processing time of supervisa, does it worth applying it or would it be better to apply for a visitor visa? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks so much
Processing time varies depending on the country. If you are eligible for super visa, it's up to you to apply for it or not. Both visitor and super visas have different eligibility requirements. Research and then decide which one to apply for.