+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can anybody tell me if I need to apply for medical insurance upfront during super visa submission ?
I will get the insurance before travel for sure, but do I need that for application submission also ?

I am not seeing any placeholder for the insurance document. Here is the list that was provided in the online application:
IMM5257
Passport (required)
Invitation Letter (required)
Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Digital photo (required)
Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Family Information (IMM5645) (required)(Opens a new window)
Proof of Relationship (required)
Yes you must include proof that you have purchased Supervisa insurance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, newbie here.
I am going to apply for supervisa for my mother. I fullfill the LICO and will buy insurance too, but as i was reading from the thread, someone who is supposed to go back in less than 6 months should apply for regular visit visa. My mother is working and cannot stay for 6 months. But i want supervisa for her so she can travel twice a year and stay as much as she wants (not over 6 months). Please suggest

And are we supposed to show travel itenary? or buy a ticket?

Thanks,
Z
Just make sure you select a longer visit or the VO might decide that they should approve a TRV for you instead of a supervisa.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Just make sure you select a longer visit or the VO might decide that they should approve a TRV for you instead of a supervisa.
Absolutely correct and there is a place holder to upload the insurance, make sure you are at correct application page for Supervisa

Last edited:

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Can anyone tell me some common insurance providers and approximate cost of purchasing this insurance for the Super Visa?

Also, do I need to prove financial standing of my parents if I am applying for their Supervisa? Or my income and agreement to sponsor them is good enough?

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hey everyone - I applied for my parents supervisa recently (May 14th 2021). After I paid the fees (the money also deducted from the account) it doesn't show the application in the "Submitted" section but continues to show it under "Not submitted" section. Also when I click on "continue application", it says "files uploaded to IRCC" but doesn't give me the option to pay the fee or submit the application onward. On contacting IRCC they keep saying application received and in progress and to check status using profile. But in another 15 days the application will expire. Has anyone faced this issue before? I have raised 4-5 technical issues so far but no support from them. Anyone faced similar issue or know what to do in this case?

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Seeking guidance
  • Current Status - Visitor Visa expiring in Aug 2021
  • Supervisa - biometrics pending but BIL expired. VAC closed outside Canada. Fees submitted
Plan:
  • Travel before expiry of visitor visa expiry.
  • Submit Webform for new BIL and complete Biometrics inside Canada
  • Submit a Visitor Record / Extension within Canada (pay duplicate 85$ biometrics fees ? )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone - I applied for my parents supervisa recently (May 14th 2021). After I paid the fees (the money also deducted from the account) it doesn't show the application in the "Submitted" section but continues to show it under "Not submitted" section. Also when I click on "continue application", it says "files uploaded to IRCC" but doesn't give me the option to pay the fee or submit the application onward. On contacting IRCC they keep saying application received and in progress and to check status using profile. But in another 15 days the application will expire. Has anyone faced this issue before? I have raised 4-5 technical issues so far but no support from them. Anyone faced similar issue or know what to do in this case?
What fee are you trying to pay if you've already paid the application fee and I assume biometric fee together and it has been deducted from your account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seeking guidance
  • Current Status - Visitor Visa expiring in Aug 2021
  • Supervisa - biometrics pending but BIL expired. VAC closed outside Canada. Fees submitted
Plan:
  • Travel before expiry of visitor visa expiry.
  • Submit Webform for new BIL and complete Biometrics inside Canada
  • Submit a Visitor Record / Extension within Canada (pay duplicate 85$ biometrics fees ? )
VFS are not all closed outside CAnada. Where are your parents from?

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
What fee are you trying to pay if you've already paid the application fee and I assume biometric fee together and it has been deducted from your account.
Biometrics fees was paid with Supervisa for first application which is still pending since VAC just opened in India and I won't be able to attend interview in Canada (first availability in Aug itself).

Since there will be another visitor record/application - the wizard asks "have you provided biometrics in last 10years.." Answer is still "no" so I assume, I will have to pay again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Biometrics fees was paid with Supervisa for first application which is still pending since VAC just opened in India and I won't be able to attend interview in Canada (first availability in Aug itself).

Since there will be another visitor record/application - the wizard asks "have you provided biometrics in last 10years.." Answer is still "no" so I assume, I will have to pay again.
Why are you applying for another TRV if you are waiting for the supervisa? Have you tried to book a biometrics appointment? People were able to book easily today.

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Why are you applying for another TRV if you are waiting for the supervisa? Have you tried to book a biometrics appointment? People were able to book easily today.
Booking a biometrics appointment is cutting too close to current Visitor visa expiry. India has severe backlog of visa applications and it might take many months before he get supervisa. I DM'ed you more context.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Booking a biometrics appointment is cutting too close to current Visitor visa expiry. India has severe backlog of visa applications and it might take many months before he get supervisa. I DM'ed you more context.
There is no reason he couldn't do biometrics in India.

avneet788

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for super visa for my parents. There is 1 section which says "Funds available for my stay(CAD)". What should I put here? Also How they need to be shown. Do I need to ask My Parents to get some letter from Bank which says money transferred in CAD readily available via bank letter?

I dont think they need to send money over to canada.

I am gonna pay all their expenses during their stay in canada and will showcase via letter of invitation.

AnithaC

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hello All,
I'm PR in Canada and my parents are Indian Citizens. They're on a visit to UK currently and they have until end of September to leave UK. I'm trying to to bring them to Canada from UK. I want to apply for their Super visa, so they can stay with me until the Pandemic is over. I have some questions and hope people with similar experience can clarify.

1. Can I submit an online application on their behalf for Super visa while they're in UK? Is it possible for them to submit upfront medical reports from UK? Or is it advisable in terms of processing time to submit paper application in person in UK VFS centre
2. If they can/do apply for super visa while in UK, can they submit biometrics there on request.
3. Assuming answers to above questions are true, if they don't get passport request by end of September and they go back to India... can they submit their passport in India when requested and get it stamped?

All I'm trying to understand is will there be problems for not submitting application from India, will there be problems in furnishing some documents from UK and some from India depending on how long the processing takes and where they are at the time.

Appreciate any information. Thanks

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

i want to apply for my parents super visa i am a non resident Canadian citizen and live in USA as a resident.

1. Can i apply for my parents Super visa, they live in Dubai.??
2. My parents have visitor visa for both USA and Canada, and they are going to visit me in Aug - how should i go about applying for their super visa?
3. i see some people did medical upfront - how did you do that?