25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hi,

I would like to ask a question regarding health insurance for Super Visa.

Since it's a multiple entry visa, my mother might visit me for one month every year, and she's 67 years old. I just got a quote of $1900. My question is do I have to pay this amount every year when she visits. She won't cannot stay more than one month every year because of her responsibilities back home.

Thanks in advance!

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,

Since it's a multiple entry visa, my mother might visit me for one month every year, and she's 67 years old. I just got a quote of $1900. My question is do I have to pay this amount every year when she visits. She won't cannot stay more than one month every year because of her responsibilities back home.

Thanks in advance!
The health insurance is refundable and you will only pay for the time period that your mother stays in Canada (provided that you don't seek a claim). If you take a claim, then their are certain other conditions. But generally, you can get a refund for the remaining time period when your mother goes back. You just need to show proof like plane ticket or departure stamp, that shows your mother has left Canada

Reactions: samakh and canuck78

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
What you have highlighted based on your mother's commitment to only stay for a month i think Supervisa is not for you, you may go for a normal visit visa on which you can stay for six months at a time with no insurance requirement.

Buying insurance then returning back then buying again I think is a hassle, supervisa is purely for parents who want to stay longer times i.e. years not month.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hello did they ask for medical test ?? And if yes after how long they ask since u submit the application . Best of luck
No, I did upfront.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hello,I'm from Bangladesh too..Medical upfront means? I have applied for my mother's super visa,no response yet
It means that I did the medical tests before submitting the application; I attached the test number with the application and then submitted it. I did not wait for CIC to ask for a medical test in the interest of time.

Reactions: Shahnaz.bd

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Just a follow-up query on my mother's Super Visa application-

Since we need to mention the duration of the trip in the Invitation letter or Purpose of travel letter, I was thinking to mention the length of the visit as 7 months from September-21 to March-22. Is that a reasonable duration to provide?

I read somewhere that if we give a duration of over 9 months, there are chances that the Super Visa might be rejected. So, just wanted to check if there is a optimum duration period that might increase the chances of Visa approval?

amit1984

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hello All,

Seeking advice from experts.

We have applied for a supervisa for my mother-in-law in October 2020. She got the BIL but was unable to submit biometrics since India’s VFS center’s aren’t accepting biometrics for this visa category. We recently came to know while browsing this forum that while submitting the application we had selected Relation to Family Member as Parent instead of Child. Hence realizing now that the application we submitted is for the TRV and not Supervisa. We have provided all the supporting documents such as NOA, canadian employment letter , employment stubs, medical insurance and all other required documents and also mentioned clearly in the letter of invitation, purpose of visit that we were requesting for a Supervisa. However, since we had not chosen the right application I am wondering if the application will be considered for a Supervisa.

Next steps -
1) Do we need to submit a webform to IRCC explaining this and submit biometrics and wait for a decision? Or
2) submit a webform to ircc mentioning that we want to withdraw this application because of the above mentioned reasons and submit a new application for Supervisa ?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.
I am also in the same situation. What did you do?

vanthle

Aug 10, 2015
Hi all, I’m planning to apply super visa for my parents. Can I just buy insurance for them for 1st year to include in the application? Or I still have to continue to buy insurance every year even after they get their super visa approved? Thanks.