+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

( Super Delay) Work permit application pending for over 63 weeks

JARH08

Mar 29, 2022
Hi all,

I have applied for a work permit (postdoc) online on Jan. 2021 from China, and passed my medical and biomatric on Feb. 2021. However, since then I have been waiting for over 63 weeks and still haven't got the final decision. I tried submitting webforms and emails several times but they told me nothing but to keep waiting. I also applied for the GCMS notes and now waiting for the results. It seems very abnormal that it is much beyond the normal processing time. It is really frustrating that I have completely no idea what is going on and how long I have to wait.
Is there anyone on the same boat?
Please tell what else we could do to speed up the applications.
Thanks!!!

ssyolchuyev

Mar 31, 2022
I applied for a postdoc, LMIA-exempt
Thanks for your response, I know also postdoc is LMIA-exempt. But my university is trying to obtain LMIA number. I don't know what is the difference postdoc is LMIA-exempt for a postdoc with LMIA number? Good Luck to you :)

JARH08

Mar 29, 2022
Thanks for your response, I know also postdoc is LMIA-exempt. But my university is trying to obtain LMIA number. I don't know what is the difference postdoc is LMIA-exempt for a postdoc with LMIA number? Good Luck to you :)
Thank you ssyolchuyev,
There is a number called offer of empolyment number, I don't know if it counts as a LMIA number. Good luck :)

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Hi all,

I have applied for a work permit (postdoc) online on Jan. 2021 from China, and passed my medical and biomatric on Feb. 2021. However, since then I have been waiting for over 63 weeks and still haven't got the final decision. I tried submitting webforms and emails several times but they told me nothing but to keep waiting. I also applied for the GCMS notes and now waiting for the results. It seems very abnormal that it is much beyond the normal processing time. It is really frustrating that I have completely no idea what is going on and how long I have to wait.
Is there anyone on the same boat?
Please tell what else we could do to speed up the applications.
Thanks!!!
I got my reply after 28 months its rejected

lIangfreedom

Aug 24, 2021
Hi bro, I saw that you replied in another thread, you said that you got pulled for security check, how did you know that?
From my attorney and GCMS note, what about your GCMS note? Is there any information that tells you why you are delayed?