+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EXPRESS ENTRY PNP STREAMS

Importantguy

Oct 15, 2018
Hi all, I don't know if I am on the right thread or not but please help me with it. I have been working as a freelancer (transcriber) for a single employer on Upwork from mid-December 2018. Meaning, I am working under someone else. Please help me with couple of doubts.

1. Does it considered as self-employed or anything else? (I get payment on weekly basis.)

2. I haven't got work from the employer from July, 1st week, till now. But, will start working again in one week or two. Will this gonna affect my consecutive working period where I have to show my working time?

Also, I already have Consultant Service Agreement and Non-Disclosure Agreement (Appendix A).

Please feel free to ask, if anything else required to solve this doubt.

Last edited:

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
@Aady07 - Hello, need ur advice:
Since, I'm nominated by PNP and the PR application is in process. The province has also issued me a Work Permit Support letter; now the employer based in Canada wants me to be there asap on a visitor visa and as per him I will be getting the WP on POE on the basis of the WP support letter. ... I'm not sure what to do coz what I think is that I should apply WP beforehand and should not apply on POE. Please advice what is correct and best bet. Thank you.

ps735298

Star Member
Sep 6, 2019
NOC Code......
Since, I'm nominated by PNP and the PR application is in process. The province has also issued me a Work Permit Support letter; now the employer based in Canada wants me to be there asap on a visitor visa and as per him I will be getting the WP on POE on the basis of the WP support letter. ... I'm not sure what to do coz what I think is that I should apply WP beforehand and should not apply on POE. Please advice what is correct and best bet. Thank you.
which pnp & ur NOC & CRS Score?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Well you should have the WP before you land. Moreover, landing on a visitor visa would not be right thing to do as your PR process has already started. Well the employer would want you there asap, but you need to see your benefits first. A lot of hard work with abundance of patience has been invested by you in this immigration thingy. So I hope, you know, what's good for you.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hi all, I don't know if I am on the right thread or not but please help me with it. I have been working as a freelancer (transcriber) for a single employer on Upwork from mid-December 2018. Meaning, I am working under someone else. Please help me with couple of doubts.

1. Does it considered as self-employed or anything else? (I get payment on weekly basis.)

2. I haven't got work from the employer from July, 1st week, till now. But, will start working again in one week or two. Will this gonna affect my consecutive working period where I have to show my working time?

Also, I already have Consultant Service Agreement and Non-Disclosure Agreement (Appendix A).

Please feel free to ask, if anything else required to solve this doubt.
Do you have a company of whose you're the director or the proprietar?

Have you signed a contract with that employer?

If yes for above two, then you're self employed.

Are you on the payrolls of your employer?

Do you have an offer letter and a confirmation letter?

If yes, then you're salaried individual.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Well you should have the WP before you land. Moreover, landing on a visitor visa would not be right thing to do as your PR process has already started. Well the employer would want you there asap, but you need to see your benefits first. A lot of hard work with abundance of patience has been invested by you in this immigration thingy. So I hope, you know, what's good for you.
Got you. Thanks

God's Grace

Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I have some questions.
Should I fill my AINP profile before filling the Express Entry Profile.
Would I need the ECA in the AINP application.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
@Aady07 , hope u r doing good,

Since, my MEP & BIL has been done now the eligibility check will be there, so in my scenario I got the ITA on June 25, 2019 and the ECA (WES) was expired in July 2019, so would like to know will the ECA impact the eligibility check conditions? if yes should I order a new copy of the ECA reports. Thanks

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
@Aady07 , hope u r doing good,

Since, my MEP & BIL has been done now the eligibility check will be there, so in my scenario I got the ITA on June 25, 2019 and the ECA (WES) was expired in July 2019, so would like to know will the ECA impact the eligibility check conditions? if yes should I order a new copy of the ECA reports. Thanks
Mate, ECA from WES has a 5yr validity.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Mate, ECA from WES has a 5yr validity.
Yes dear, My ECA completed 5 years on July 2019 (first week) and I got the ITA on June 25. So means I applied for the PR in June2019 and my ECA expired in July 2019, Hence, my query is should I order a duplicate copy of the ECA before the eligibility check started on my pr application or no need for this. Thanks.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Yes dear, My ECA completed 5 years on July 2019 (first week) and I got the ITA on June 25. So means I applied for the PR in June2019 and my ECA expired in July 2019, Hence, my query is should I order a duplicate copy of the ECA before the eligibility check started on my pr application or no need for this. Thanks.
Yes you may but anyhow, if you've received your AOR before July 19, the data gets freezed except medicals. So you're OK, even if you don't have one.

Reactions: SK_Regina