+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EXPRESS ENTRY PNP STREAMS

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi All,

In FSW program, what would be the criteria for work experience point calculation in scenarios like below:

1. Candidate with two different Skill Levels (A & B) have total of 10 years of experience i.e. 6 years in skill level A and 4 years in skill level B; which is the Primary occupation. How many points be awarded i.e 10 or 13?

2. Candidate have 10 years of experience in SAME skill levels i.e. skill level B; but with two different NOCs (e.g. 2181 & 2283). How many points be awarded in this case. 15 points or less?

Please elaborate on this!

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi All,

In FSW program, what would be the criteria for work experience point calculation in scenarios like below:

1. Candidate with two different Skill Levels (A & B) have total of 10 years of experience i.e. 6 years in skill level A and 4 years in skill level B; which is the Primary occupation. How many points be awarded i.e 10 or 13?

2. Candidate have 10 years of experience in SAME skill levels i.e. skill level B; but with two different NOCs (e.g. 2181 & 2283). How many points be awarded in this case. 15 points or less?

@Aady07 Please elaborate on this!

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Six years of continuous work experience fetches 15points no matter what the NOC code is. Your primary NOC code should be the one in which you have spent more years at work. The lead statement of the particular NOC should match.

The 15points are awarded on your work experience and not depending on the NOC code. Now you need to figure out if your skills and responsibilities, whether they match with the given NOC codes on their site.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Six years of continuous work experience fetches 15points no matter what the NOC code is. Your primary NOC code should be the one in which you have spent more years at work. The lead statement of the particular NOC should match.

The 15points are awarded on your work experience and not depending on the NOC code. Now you need to figure out if your skills and responsibilities, whether they match with the given NOC codes on their site.
Thanks for the reply!
However, in EE (FSW 67 points eligibility) my primary occupation is of 4 years of experience and the rest is more than 6 years, so someone told me that the points I will be getting are 13 not 15? is it true?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply!
However, in EE (FSW 67 points eligibility) my primary occupation is of 4 years of experience and the rest is more than 6 years, so someone told me that the points I will be getting are 13 not 15? is it true?
Have you made your EE profile? If you have, it'll show you the points accrued in work experience section.

I've shown two NOC's (NOC 0 and A) which crosses 6yrs. I've received 15 points and my primary NOC is A.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Have you made your EE profile? If you have, it'll show you the points accrued in work experience section.

I've shown two NOC's (NOC 0 and A) which crosses 6yrs. I've received 15 points and my primary NOC is A.
I have already received an ITA and applied for the PR as well but I got a question in my mind for FSW (MEC) points (NOT CRS), My work experience is of 10 years; out of which in skill Level A it is 6 years and in skill Level B it's 4 years. Self counted work experience points are 15 for me i.e. for 10 years, however, in EE the primary occupation I selected was of 4 years i.e. skill level B; so my question is my points for work experience would be 15 (both A n B) or 13 i.e. only for the primary selected occupation. I hope you understand my question!

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
I have already received an ITA and applied for the PR as well but I got a question in my mind for FSW (MEC) points (NOT CRS), My work experience is of 10 years; out of which in skill Level A it is 6 years and in skill Level B it's 4 years. Self counted work experience points are 15 for me i.e. for 10 years, however, in EE the primary occupation I selected was of 4 years i.e. skill level B; so my question is my points for work experience would be 15 (both A n B) or 13 i.e. only for the primary selected occupation. I hope you understand my question!
15 it is.

Reactions: SK_Regina

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
You're reading a thread which is 3yrs old and hence, confusing you. The CIC site has been updated post 2017 when French language skills, sibling points and job offer points were updated.

Moreover, as per your experience, you do have 6yrs in a NOC. So what's making you fret? You will anyhow fetch 15points. What I know, prior to update, it was mandatory to have, 6yrs in one particular NOC. Though the crs calculator needs to be updated but after ITA, when you fill up the application, it takes 10yrs of work experience (continuous) to be eligible for 15points.

Reactions: SK_Regina