+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successfull WES Evaluation from India - VTU university : docs to send

Aspirant2018

Feb 8, 2018
hi Folks,

I just got a positive evaluation report from WES, this was for a bachelor of engineering degree from VTU university, Karnataka, India.

I want to list the docs for other folks.

I sent the following docs in a A4 envelope to WES Canada ( reference no on top of envelope was written as well)
1) Plain Copy of Degree certificate
2) Sealed envelope of Transcripts from VTU
3) Printout of WES Receipt with Reference Number

that's all was needed, hope this helps other friends on this forum.

Regards
Hi.. My transcript does not have date of birth.. Is it a problem? Can i attach a copy of my passport as a proof of date of birth?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi.. My transcript does not have date of birth.. Is it a problem? Can i attach a copy of my passport as a proof of date of birth?
Not required.

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Degree certificate need not be attested. They simply require a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate.

PDC I have no idea as I've already completed the degree.
Did anyone else get their ECA done from WES without the attestation of the degree certificate? Looks like it's better to be on the safer side with attested degree certificate.

I got my transcripts from VTU but degree certificate attestation has to be done from VTU Belgaum directly the regional office takes care of only transcripts but not attestation.

Vaibhav VB

Nov 5, 2017
Did anyone else get their ECA done from WES without the attestation of the degree certificate? Looks like it's better to be on the safer side with attested degree certificate.

I got my transcripts from VTU but degree certificate attestation has to be done from VTU Belgaum directly the regional office takes care of only transcripts but not attestation.
Attestation for degree certificate not required. Just take a colour print out of your degree certificate and send it to WES along with original transcripts attested.

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Attestation for degree certificate not required. Just take a colour print out of your degree certificate and send it to WES along with original transcripts attested.
Thank you so much for the clarification.

While registering on WES, it says attested degree certificate are required. But their 'Have A Question' section says clear legible marks card no mention of attestation.
https://www.wes.org/required-documents/

Will send the legible marks card.

priteshmparmar

May 23, 2018
Hi All,

I have some queries below for the procurement of transcripts. Need to get my MCA transcripts from VTU and send it to WES. The challenge is thta based out of Mumbai and not sure how shall I do it.

1. Did anyone out here applied for the transcripts directly with VTU, Belgaum by sending the Application form and payment details? Or used third party like allindiatranscripts or cleartranscripts?

2. Do the transcripts needs to be attested by VTU? From what I have read and understood is that VTU will be just providing the transcripts and not attesting them. For attestation, they would be needing the originals.

3. Does VTU provides the transcripts in a sealed envelope and signature? Past discussions in this Forum have mentioned about them not sealing it and just stapling the envelope.

4. Since, I have procured my transcripts for my bachelors from Mumbai University, I am planning to send a package to WES with both the envelopes from Mumbai University and VTU. Any format to adhere to when doing this?

Appreciate if anyone could help me out on the same.

Regards,
Pritesh Parmar

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Hi All,

I have some queries below for the procurement of transcripts. Need to get my MCA transcripts from VTU and send it to WES. The challenge is thta based out of Mumbai and not sure how shall I do it.

1. Did anyone out here applied for the transcripts directly with VTU, Belgaum by sending the Application form and payment details? Or used third party like allindiatranscripts or cleartranscripts?
I visited VTU nagarabavi office for transcripts. The procedure is too simple. You just need your university seat number that's it. This is for Engineering though, not sure if it is same for MCA.

2. Do the transcripts needs to be attested by VTU? From what I have read and understood is that VTU will be just providing the transcripts and not attesting them. For attestation, they would be needing the originals.
I didn't attest. I was not aware of this. But I had asked my friend for the procedure who has received the PR according to him there was no additional attestation.

3. Does VTU provides the transcripts in a sealed envelope and signature? Past discussions in this Forum have mentioned about them not sealing it and just stapling the envelope.
Yes, it comes in sealed envelop with signature.

4. Since, I have procured my transcripts for my bachelors from Mumbai University, I am planning to send a package to WES with both the envelopes from Mumbai University and VTU. Any format to adhere to when doing this?
I had put my bachelors and masters transcripts with degree certificate in one envelop

Appreciate if anyone could help me out on the same.

Regards,
Pritesh Parmar

priteshmparmar

May 23, 2018
Thanks jokulpapa for your response. Appreciate your feedback.

For me the issue is that I need to either send the Application form and payment receipt to VTU. So I need to rely and hope they send it in a proper format. Or shall I rely on a 3rd party service like allindiatranscripts or cleartranscripts?

Also, does the transcripts needs to be dated?

Regards,
Pritesh Parmar

Last edited:

syedzabi85

Jun 3, 2018
Degree certificate need not be attested. They simply require a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate.

PDC I have no idea as I've already completed the degree.
Hi, do i need to put a copy of degree certificate with the same transcript sealed envelope or separate envelope for degree certificate ?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Syed Zabiulla

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Hi, do i need to put a copy of degree certificate with the same transcript sealed envelope or separate envelope for degree certificate ?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Syed Zabiulla
In the same envelope, you can put your degree certificate (color xerox, forget not to mention your wes ref number) as well as the transcript.

syedzabi85

Jun 3, 2018
In the same envelope, you can put your degree certificate (color xerox, forget not to mention your wes ref number) as well as the transcript.
Hi, I got the transcripts from my university the transcript sealed envelope doesn't have copy of degree certificate [ i opened one to check it]..what can i do? do i need to take separate A4 envelope put a copy of degree certificate along with sealed envelope of transcript and send it to WES for evaluation? will they agree?

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Hi, I got the transcripts from my university the transcript sealed envelope doesn't have copy of degree certificate [ i opened one to check it]..what can i do? do i need to take separate A4 envelope put a copy of degree certificate along with sealed envelope of transcript and send it to WES for evaluation? will they agree?
yes. take a A4 size envelope put color xerox copy of your degree certificate along with the unopened transcript and courier it to wes.

syedzabi85

Jun 3, 2018

I had received the transcripts from VTU. I opened one to check, it doesn't have any date in it. When i see the requirements of WES on their website it is mentioned that transcript should be dated. check the below link

How about your transcripts? does it had date on it? have you successfully done your ECA ?

Please advice

syedzabi85

Jun 3, 2018
hi Folks,

I just got a positive evaluation report from WES, this was for a bachelor of engineering degree from VTU university, Karnataka, India.

I want to list the docs for other folks.

I sent the following docs in a A4 envelope to WES Canada ( reference no on top of envelope was written as well)
1) Plain Copy of Degree certificate
2) Sealed envelope of Transcripts from VTU
3) Printout of WES Receipt with Reference Number

that's all was needed, hope this helps other friends on this forum.

Regards
I had received the transcripts from VTU. I opened one to check, it doesn't have any date in it. When i see the requirements of WES on their website it is mentioned that transcript should be dated. check the below link

How about your transcripts? does it had date on it?

Please advice