+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Incorrect Document Checklist

Pitt26

Oct 3, 2015
Hello everyone.

I submitted by documentation for spousal sponsorship as a outland applicant. CPS-M received it on 10/14/15

Problem was I realized that I submitted the incorrect checklist (I submitted the checklist for an internal applicant)

In addition to that, I forgot to include the Sponsorship questionnaire. Luckily I caught this early and I sent a supplemental package with the correct document checklist and the Sponsorship Questionnaire THE NEXT DAY.

Does any think this will be a problem? Will they send back my application? Or will they attach the supplemental package to my original package?

Will they also process my application as INTERNAL applicant now? Which was not my intention. I wrote a letter in the supplemental package advising I completed the wrong checklist and my intention is apply outland.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pitt26 said:
Hello everyone.

I submitted by documentation for spousal sponsorship as a outland applicant. CPS-M received it on 10/14/15

Problem was I realized that I submitted the incorrect checklist (I submitted the checklist for an internal applicant)

In addition to that, I forgot to include the Sponsorship questionnaire. Luckily I caught this early and I sent a supplemental package with the correct document checklist and the Sponsorship Questionnaire THE NEXT DAY.

Does any think this will be a problem? Will they send back my application? Or will they attach the supplemental package to my original package?

Will they also process my application as INTERNAL applicant now? Which was not my intention. I wrote a letter in the supplemental package advising I completed the wrong checklist and my intention is apply outland.
Since you sent the second package the next day (before CIC had even received your first package), the chances of them `connecting the dots' and matching them up are pretty small, IMHO.

With the volume of packages that they receive, it would be a miracle if someone matches these up for you. Unfortunately, I suspect that your application will be returned within a couple of months.

Good luck!

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Ponga said:
Since you sent the second package the next day (before CIC had even received your first package), the chances of them `connecting the dots' and matching them up are pretty small, IMHO.

With the volume of packages that they receive, it would be a miracle if someone matches these up for you. Unfortunately, I suspect that your application will be returned within a couple of months.

Good luck!
Ponga,

I have a personal concern. I did not write N/A on the inapplicable checklist items, instead I left them blank. For ex, for the use of a representative form, I left that blank rather than writing N/A, along with a handful of other items. Do you think CIC will return my package for this reason, that, a CIC officer will glance at my checklists, see that many (inapplicable) items are left blank and assume I forgot? I will be royally enraged if this happens because I was very meticulous with constructing a solid, irrefutable case. I tirelessly, relentlessly crosschecked every nook and cranny over and over. I even included numerous additional documents that were unnecessary just to pile up the evidence even further. The checklists clearly stated to check IF applicable. They did not say to write N/A for inapplicable items. Checklist IMM 3910 states, "Check () each applicable item on the list and attach the list to your
documents (a paper clip will do)"

Unfortunately I'm reading about a few applicants on this forum having their package returned for the retarded reason that N/A wasn't written down for inapplicable items. So I have been worrying about this. I wrote CIC a letter explaining all this... It probably won't do much... or I'm worrying unnecessarily...

Pitt26

Oct 3, 2015
Do you think they would process it internally because I included the inland checklist?

My wife's address is going to show in the U.S, so hopefully not. I'd rather them send it back, or attach the supplemental docs that I sent after. Doesn't seem like that's going to happen though.

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
Ponga,

I have a personal concern. I did not write N/A on the inapplicable checklist items, instead I left them blank. For ex, for the use of a representative form, I left that blank rather than writing N/A, along with a handful of other items. Do you think CIC will return my package for this reason, that, a CIC officer will glance at my checklists, see that many (inapplicable) items are left blank and assume I forgot? I will be royally enraged if this happens because I was very meticulous with constructing a solid, irrefutable case. I tirelessly, relentlessly crosschecked every nook and cranny over and over. I even included numerous additional documents that were unnecessary just to pile up the evidence even further. The checklists clearly stated to check IF applicable. They did not say to write N/A for inapplicable items. Checklist IMM 3910 states, "Check () each applicable item on the list and attach the list to your

Unfortunately I'm reading about a few applicants on this forum having their package returned for the retarded reason that N/A wasn't written down for inapplicable items. So I have been worrying about this. I wrote CIC a letter explaining all this... It probably won't do much... or I'm worrying unnecessarily...

Its very important to write N/A in all sections that do not apply to you. In the guide it said not to leave anything blank because this might suggest that you forgot to fill it in. I crossed out all the sections that did not apply to me in the forms and even on the checklist.

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pitt26 said:
Do you think they would process it internally because I included the inland checklist?

My wife's address is going to show in the U.S, so hopefully not. I'd rather them send it back, or attach the supplemental docs that I sent after. Doesn't seem like that's going to happen though.
They will not process your application as inland because your spouse is not eligible for that. They will most likely send you back your package with a letter explaining the corrections you will have to make.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
SuiGeneris said:
Ponga,

Oh god I hope they don't return your package I pray !!!

They did mine and it was a total disaster how they send it back from how i sent it well and organized to them

cross your fingers hard