+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY VISA APPROVED AFTER 2 REFUSALS. Ask me anything. SDS April 2021

Kpstu

Oct 27, 2020
Thank you. Understandable. I hope we get it sorted out soon.

Also, in PPR Letter they have mentioned,

"Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

Anything to worry about??
On another thread it was mentioned it is 90 days , you can try replying to that tweet to double check or wait till the lockdown in Delhi is over.

Reactions: rahul10
Apr 24, 2021
Hi everyone.

VISA APPROVED AFTER 2 REFUSALS

1st Refusal in January 2020 - Humber College GBM Course May 2020 intake {SDS}

2nd Refusal in March 2020 - Humber College GBM Course May 2020 intake {SDS}

Changed my course to MBA at a state run (Government run )public university for September 2021.

VISA Filed - 8th March 2021

Biometrics Updated - 9th March 2021

Passed Medical - 11th April 2021

BVL - 19th April 2021

PPR - 20th April 2021

1 - Pursued Bachelors in Business Management (79%)

2 - 1.5 year work experience (NOT CONTINUOUS)

3 - IELTS 8 (6.5+ in every element)

Changes in filing

1- Attached CA Certificate (to demonstrate strong home ties)

2 - Sponsorship affidavit

3 - Changed course to MBA

4 - STRONG SOP which has covered each and every point.
Hi,

My Profile:
10th- 08.6 CGPA in 2012
12th- 62% in 2014
Refusal for Canada in 2014 with reason - Proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, academic score, and language abilities.
2-year gap 2014-2016
Btech in Computer science and engineering- 06.94 CGPA (2016- 2020)
IELTS - 6.5 overall (not less than 6)
Applied for: Post-baccalaureate certificate in Data analysis at University of Fraser Valley (July intake)

I attached a training certificate of 6 months (from Jan 2020-June 2020) in iOS development.

I got my second refusal 2 days back with the following reasons-
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).
Can you please help as I am not able to understand the cause of this refusal?
Also, should I file for reconsideration or how should I proceed from here?

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations.
What were the previous refusal reasons (according to GCMS notes)?
As per GCMS/CAIPS Notes -

My refusal was due to my course selection. The VO believed my course is pretty much the same from my bachelors.

I enrolled myself to a Global Business Management Course and in my bachelors I had done Business Management. Moreover, my work experience has been in the relative field. Hence, the VO believed there is no career progression as I have already achieved the benefits of GBM program in my bachelors and accumulative work experience.

I agree with the VO on this. Brownie points.

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hi,

My Profile:
10th- 08.6 CGPA in 2012
12th- 62% in 2014
Refusal for Canada in 2014 with reason - Proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, academic score, and language abilities.
2-year gap 2014-2016
Btech in Computer science and engineering- 06.94 CGPA (2016- 2020)
IELTS - 6.5 overall (not less than 6)
Applied for: Post-baccalaureate certificate in Data analysis at University of Fraser Valley (July intake)

I attached a training certificate of 6 months (from Jan 2020-June 2020) in iOS development.

I got my second refusal 2 days back with the following reasons-
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).
Can you please help as I am not able to understand the cause of this refusal?
Also, should I file for reconsideration or how should I proceed from here?

Hello Prashant96,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I can relate to your situation. I would highly recommend ordering GCMS/CAIPS notes and address each and every concern Visa Officer raised. The first bulletin is very vague and common.
With context to 2nd point, I believe VO thinks you have already acquired the skills that this program will teach you and you are overqualified for it. Also, is post-baccalaureate certificate equivalent to a post graduate course?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello, I've created a EE profile in the first week of march and then withdrew it within 2-3 weeks. I've not received any ITA or PNP application.

Now, I am applying for study permit for fall intake. Could you please tell me:

1. Would the withdrawn EE application cause any issue?
2. May I know how to explain about the EE profile in my SOP.

Thanks and looking forward for your reply.
1. This is not an issue. I had my EE profile and got the SP.
2. No need to explain about it.

Reactions: Uvr

yvettecio

Sep 3, 2020
Hi everyone.

Changed my course to MBA at a state run (Government run )public university for September 2021.

BVL - 19th April 2021

PPR - 20th April 2021

Changes in filing

Hello Congratulations first of all,I am assuming the first two refusals were because of the choice of program? What were the other reasons the visa officer gave u? could u kindly share your SOP that u submitted lastly when u changed ur program? Thank you so much

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello Congratulations first of all,I am assuming the first two refusals were because of the choice of program? What were the other reasons the visa officer gave u? could u kindly share your SOP that u submitted lastly when u changed ur program? Thank you so much
Hello. Thank you.

1) As per GCMS/CAIPS Notes -

You are correct. My refusal was due to my course selection. The VO believed my course is pretty much the same from my bachelors and it is monotonous with no career progression.

I enrolled myself to a Global Business Management Course and in my bachelors I had already done Business Management. Moreover, my work experience has been in the related field. Hence, the VO believed there is no career progression as I have already achieved the benefits of GBM program in my bachelors and accumulative work experience.

2) I then changed my course to MBA in October 2020 for September 2021 intake.

3) I took assistance from an visa counsellor who drafted my SOP. It was fantastic and covered each and every point with precision and logical reasoning.

My SOP is of 12 pages with a lot of personal details hence I am not able to share it currently.

I have personal messaged you the details of my visa counsellor.

prachi167

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone.

BVL - 19th April 2021

PPR - 20th April 2021

Changes in filing

congratulations! I applied yesterday for Sept intake and hoping they will approve my application this time. I have one refusal from last year.

Reactions: Uvr and rahul10

karan8866

Apr 25, 2021
Hi everyone.

BVL - 19th April 2021

PPR - 20th April 2021

Changes in filing

Hi,

Can you please share with me the CA certificate sample and sop?

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
1st application for Jan 2021 intake applied from UAE (Indian Resident) - 4 Nov 2020
1st Refusal - 16 Dec 2020

2nd application for May 2021 intake applied from UAE again- 22 feb 2021
2nd refusal - 22 Apr 2021

I am not deferring the program and will continue the classes for May 2021 intake. Parallely I will again apply from India. I am an employee of PSU bank in India and I am on sabbatical leaves of 2 years(to join my husband in Dubai) ending in Mar 2022 so I have to pursue an 8 months course only. Although if I get visa approval, I might leave my current job but what do you think..is there any chance of visa rejection? Following are the reasons mentioned for rejection:

•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (my sister has recently completed her Masters in canada and is currently on work permit)
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence

Please help
I'm sure you got refused because of applying for a visitor visa, also you're applying from UAE when you're a Indian citizen. After 3 refusals I'd say your chances are bleak

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello. I am so sorry to hear about that. My SOP is 12 pages and has a lot of personal information due to which I am not able to share it right now.

My suggestion is apply for GCMS notes and address each and every issue raised by the VO.

Also, please seek professional assistance from a VISA Counsellor who will draft your SOP. (This is what I did and was approved at the third attempt.)

All The Best.

Angiessel

Aug 2, 2019
I have been refused twice.
First refusal: 4th March 2021
Second refusal: 28th April 2021
Officers reason : section (216)
Personal assets and financial status
Purpose of visit.
This was the same reason as the first refusal.
I really need help as I want to apply for the third time.

• Sad