+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY VISA APPROVED AFTER 2 REFUSALS. Ask me anything. SDS April 2021

Kamalpreetkaur

Jun 6, 2017
I did her 12th grade in 2019

She applied in montreal college network manager course with 5.5 band and got refused in mar 2020
Refusal reason :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans

She did one year diploma in Computer application - 2020-2021
Gave Ielts test again in Aug 2021
Ielts 6 each overall 6.5 band
Took admission in sept 2022 Northern college 2 year diploma in computer engineering

Refusal reasons: the purpose of your visit is not consistent with the temporary stay given in the details of your applications

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did her 12th grade in 2019

She applied in montreal college network manager course with 5.5 band and got refused in mar 2020
Refusal reason :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans

She did one year diploma in Computer application - 2020-2021
Gave Ielts test again in Aug 2021
Ielts 6 each overall 6.5 band
Took admission in sept 2022 Northern college 2 year diploma in computer engineering

Refusal reasons: the purpose of your visit is not consistent with the temporary stay given in the details of your applications
Programs make no sense. She took a one year diploma in computer application and taking another diploma? So is her one year diploma her only post secondary. Why not a computer engineering degree? Or a three diploma at a well known college in Ontario - Seneca, Algonquin etc.

Kamalpreetkaur

Jun 6, 2017
Never thought, since consultant gave particular college saying offer letter will not come from other college because of her grades
Physics - 56
Chem -56
Maths- 68
Computer science- 65
English-64

Currently waiting for GCMS notes.

Can you suggest college or university based on her 12th grade scores

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Never thought, since consultant gave particular college saying offer letter will not come from other college because of her grades
Physics - 56
Chem -56
Maths- 68
Computer science- 65
English-64

She really hurt her chances by taking a one year diploma (assume in home country) and not a degree or three year diploma so she could apply to a PG program. Her grades aren’t great. University is not really an option. Did consultant get a kick back suggesting those schools and not Seneca, Contestoga, or Algonquin for example? Look at three year program.

How is she justifying the costs of the program with her career when she returns to her home country?

Kamalpreetkaur

Jun 6, 2017
I guess they get some sort of commissions from college not sure.

My mother is sponsoring her as she is working women india and some pension of my dad.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Physics - 56
Chem -56
Maths- 68
Computer science- 65
English-64

Those grades aren't that bad. Good enough for nearly all colleges, as long as you apply early and apply yourself. Try St. Clair and Conestoga via the Ontario Colleges portal.

Erenn

Aug 12, 2022
Hi guys, sorry for not replying. If anyone has doubts email me jainrahul10121997@gmail.com
Hey..Rahul very good to see you helping others even after 2 years.
--------------------------------------------
My study permit was refused last year (2021).

Profile -
10th(83%) 2014,
12th(89%) 2016,
B.Tech in Comp. Engg (7.9 CGPA) (no backlogs) 2020,
1.8 years Work Exp as Software Dev , 2020 - 2022.
Was going to do Diploma in Computer Programming from Sheridan College.

Reasons -
1. I am not satisfied that you are a bonafide student who will be successful in your program
of study due to low language test results. Refused under R216(1)(b). ( IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in one module)
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
( Do note that I also have two siblings(2 elder sisters) PR in Canada (1 sister India) )

I re-applied on April 23, 2022 with strong profile - IELTS 7 (8, 7.5 ,6 ,6) , Changed course to Masters in Computer Science - Concordia University.
As my agent told me, I did not add any CA report, Agriculture land report ( My father is Farmer) or anything and did not give justification as now my profile is strong.
Just incase if I get rejection again due to home-ties, or any other reason, I can file again using strong documentation. So asking below questions..
Q1. I'd like to know that how did you justify the 2nd reason?
Q2. Do I need to justify that why I applied with weak profile/ changed the course?

Can you share your SOP with me just for reference. my email is is - eren.yeager5111998@gmail.com

Also I'd appreciate if seniors can also give any advise for my case...
Thank you.

Last edited:

Kamalpreetkaur

Jun 6, 2017
Those grades aren't that bad. Good enough for nearly all colleges, as long as you apply early and apply yourself. Try St. Clair and Conestoga via the Ontario Colleges portal.
@Naturgrl @DesiPikachu i received GCMS notes today, and the reason mentioned is "Educational documents presented in the application reflect low to low average prior academic history - more specifically in core educational subjects which i have placed more weight on than optional subjects."
could you please suggest anything?

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Hey..Rahul very good to see you helping others even after 2 years.
My study permit was refused last year (2021).

Profile -
10th(83%) 2014,
12th(89%) 2016,
B.Tech in Comp. Engg (7.9 CGPA) (no backlogs) 2020,
1.8 years Work Exp as Software Dev , 2020 - 2022.
Was going to do Diploma in Computer Programming from Sheridan College.

Reasons -
1. I am not satisfied that you are a bonafide student who will be successful in your program
of study due to low language test results. Refused under R216(1)(b). ( IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in one module)
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
( Do note that I also have two siblings(2 elder sisters) PR in Canada (1 sister India) )

I re-applied on April 23, 2022 with strong profile - IELTS 7 (8, 7.5 ,6 ,6) , Changed course to Masters in Computer Science - Concordia University.
As my agent told me, I did not add any CA report, Agriculture land report ( My father is Farmer) or anything and did not give justification as now my profile is strong.
Just incase if I get rejection again due to home-ties, or any other reason, I can file again using strong documentation. So asking below questions..
Q1. I'd like to know that how did you justify the 2nd reason?
Q2. Do I need to justify that why I applied with weak profile/ changed the course?

Can you share your SOP with me just for reference. my email is is - eren.yeager5111998@gmail.com

Also I'd appreciate if seniors can also give any advise for my case...
Thank you.
It is extremely wrong and unreasonable that they reject you for your first application due to language when your school found your qualification good for admission.
Read point [23]-[26] here https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/483845/index.do

[23] The applicant was entitled to a study permit if he established that he met the requirements of paragraphs (a) through (e). Nowhere does section 216(1) state that he had to establish that he was likely to succeed in his proposed course of studies.

[24] In theory, an applicant’s prospects for success could be relevant to paragraph (b). Wanting to undertake a course of studies in which one was unlikely to succeed could raise questions about whether an applicant is a bona fide student who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. This is, however, something immigration officers should approach with care. The connection between the two concepts would appear to be weak at best. There is no reason to presume that immigration officers have expertise in assessing individuals’ prospects for success in a given academic program. One can complete a program successfully without necessarily excelling in it. And many of the factors that can determine academic success are dynamic, not static.

[25] Assuming for the sake of argument that it was open to the officer to consider the applicant’s prospects for completing the proposed course of study successfully (in this case, in light of information about the applicant’s English language skills), the officer’s conclusory statement that he or she was not satisfied that the applicant will be able to complete the program successfully leaves the decision lacking justification, transparency and intelligibility.

[26] The applicant had been admitted into the program. The University of Prince Edward Island must therefore have been satisfied that he had the necessary qualifications. In fact, the applicant was given advanced standing, having been admitted into the third year of a four-year program. The offer of admission was not conditional upon any upgrading of the applicant’s English language skills. While the applicant’s IELTS Test Report Form gave a score of 5.5 for spoken English, all the other elements (listening, reading, and writing) as well as the overall band score were 6.5. Against this backdrop, if the application for a study permit was to be refused because the applicant lacked sufficient English language skills to complete his program successfully, it was incumbent upon the officer to demonstrate at least some understanding of the level of English language capabilities that were required to succeed in the applicant’s program and to offer at least some explanation for why the applicant’s score of 5.5 for spoken English, considered in the context of all of the other indications of his language skills, fell short of what was required. The failure to do so has resulted in an unreasonable decision.
Anyway you have already improved your language score so it probably doesn't matter. Good luck.

Last edited: