+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

Noble steve

Nov 15, 2021
I applied online for my study permit for Niagara college, I'm a Pakistani national living in UAE and working as Foreign currency cashier in the leading exchange in the UAE, my prior education is BBA and the course I choose to study is Post graduate certificate in international business management; now in tie up I showed being an only son I'm an heir of immovable property of my parent, my dad is South African national and living in South Africa so after my study I will go back Pakistan and will take care of my mother in her old age, these are two tie ups I just had to show. As per my financials I attached my complete program fee paid and 12000 GIC FOR LIVING EXPENSE, PROOF OF IMMIGRATION I ATTACHED MY VISA ND a salary slip. Kindly share your thoughts.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I applied online for my study permit for Niagara college, I'm a Pakistani national living in UAE and working as Foreign currency cashier in the leading exchange in the UAE, my prior education is BBA and the course I choose to study is Post graduate certificate in international business management; now in tie up I showed being an only son I'm an heir of immovable property of my parent, my dad is South African national and living in South Africa so after my study I will go back Pakistan and will take care of my mother in her old age, these are two tie ups I just had to show. As per my financials I attached my complete program fee paid and 12000 GIC FOR LIVING EXPENSE, PROOF OF IMMIGRATION I ATTACHED MY VISA ND a salary slip. Kindly share your thoughts.
I see 3 challenges with your application but i am not suggesting you'll be refused, [ Final decision is with VO processing your application]

1. Strong ties to your home country ( living in UAE, One Parent Live in SA, and other in Pakistan )
2. Choice of your program. You already have BBA but applied for Certificate in Business Management. Question of Progression
3. Proof of fund. Unless you have additional balance in your bank statement, but there's missing cost of housing

Noble steve

Nov 15, 2021
I see 3 challenges with your application but i am not suggesting you'll be refused, [ Final decision is with VO processing your application]

1. Strong ties to your home country ( living in UAE, One Parent Live in SA, and other in Pakistan )
2. Choice of your program. You already have BBA but applied for Certificate in Business Management. Question of Progression
3. Proof of fund. Unless you have additional balance in your bank statement, but there's missing cost of housing
Strong ties in this sense that I have been raised by mother so I'm more attached to my obviously after completing my study I have to go back to Pakistan to take care of her, I'm the only son.

Choice of program: BBA is undergraduate course so I have chosen post graduation certificate which is one step ahead of my prior education , sir what do you mean by progression because as I can see it's progressing towards next step in my education.

Proof of funds: as per them you have to show that you have enough money to support yourself living there, for 12000 dollars it will cover my monthly expenses including housing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Strong ties in this sense that I have been raised by mother so I'm more attached to my obviously after completing my study I have to go back to Pakistan to take care of her, I'm the only son.

Choice of program: BBA is undergraduate course so I have chosen post graduation certificate which is one step ahead of my prior education , sir what do you mean by progression because as I can see it's progressing towards next step in my education.

Proof of funds: as per them you have to show that you have enough money to support yourself living there, for 12000 dollars it will cover my monthly expenses including housing.
Demonstrating strong ties is going to be your biggest challenge. Your ties are very weak. Right now you are living and working in the UAE (not your home country) and are living apart from your mother. IRCC will not consider your mother as a tie.

I think it's hard to say if your application will be approved or refused because of your weak ties. I would probably say a greater chance of refusal. But apply all the same and try to put together as strong an application as you can to overcome the lack of ties.

Reactions: Naturgrl
Feb 26, 2019
Demonstrating strong ties is going to be your biggest challenge. Your ties are very weak. Right now you are living and working in the UAE (not your home country) and are living apart from your mother. IRCC will not consider your mother as a tie.

I think it's hard to say if your application will be approved or refused because of your weak ties. I would probably say a greater chance of refusal. But apply all the same and try to put together as strong an application as you can to overcome the lack of ties.
I agree with you

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
When did you apply

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Progression from a Degree is Master Degree, not to a Certificate Program. Im sure the course outline (PG Certificate) was covered during your first year/2nd of your BBA. Housing is a separate item added recent. I know you are being defensive but 1,000 a month isnt enough pof especially in Ontario.

Niagara residence option: On campus residence for Domestic student is $7,850 Academic year (Sep-April): 8months
From $12,000 you are left with $4,150. which you need housing arrangement during summer break....
Im not sure what are the residence rate for International students.

https://niagararesidence.ca/domestic-student-rates-and-dates/