+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Restoration

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hey Ethan.P
I applied online too but even then CIC is telling me that it will take 16 weeks. I applied on Nov 1st and they told me to check after feb 25th 2013. I dont think it matters whether u apply online or paper application as restoration applications goes to diff department i guess.
And while i was searching through the forum, I found that many people got their study permit restored in around 4 months which is 16 weeks.
Have you called CIC and what do they tell u?

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
I called CIC and they are unable to locate my file now and told me to email to get update on my file. So I emailed them and no reply as of now

But I know someone who got his work permit restored on feb 18th and he applied on Oct 1st. So i guess they r getting there but slowly :)

lets hope for the best

but you should call CIC and see if they say same thing to you about emailing them to get update. Let me know what they say ?

Sem1234

May 4, 2013
it took about 5month to get my study permit restored
they dont even send an email or something.
all you need to do is just to wait, i guess

Oct 7, 2016
gaminggecko28 said:
Hey , I GOT MY study permit restored on march 6th and i applied nov 1st.
I am going to apply for restoration of status soon,may be within couple days.I know that I cannot study while my restoration of status application is in process.
My question is
Am I allowed to take future courses while applying for restoration of status application?For example,can I stay registered for Winter 2017 courses if I apply within couple days?I have already dropped Fall 2016 courses.If my application is not approved before my winter classes start,I would drop winter courses and would not attend school.That way,I am not attending school till a decision is made and not breaking any immigration law.
The reason why I am asking this question is my application was refused for the following reason
- Student is not actively pursuing study
I was always in school and was always actively pursuing study.So I was thinking registering for future semester might help.I have already got Enrolment Verification & Letter From Department's Dean to submit for new application.

Please let me know,if you have gone through situation like mine.What did you do in your case?
Thank you

Oct 7, 2016
Ethan.P said:
Finally got my study permit restored :)
I am going to apply for restoration of status soon,may be within couple days.I know that I cannot study while my restoration of status application is in process.
My question is
Am I allowed to take future courses while applying for restoration of status application?For example,can I stay registered for Winter 2017 courses if I apply within couple days?I have already dropped Fall 2016 courses.If my application is not approved before my winter classes start,I would drop winter courses and would not attend school.That way,I am not attending school till a decision is made and not breaking any immigration law.
The reason why I am asking this question is my application was refused for the following reason
- Student is not actively pursuing study
I was always in school and was always actively pursuing study.So I was thinking registering for future semester might help.I have already got Enrolment Verification & Letter From Department's Dean to submit for new application.

Please let me know,if you have gone through situation like mine.What did you do in your case?
Thank you