+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Restoration

Ethan.P

Nov 27, 2012
Hello,
1.My study permit expired at Sep.30, and I submitted my application at Nov.19. (I sent my application online.)
When will I get the answer from CIC?
2.My study permit expired at Sep.30, but I didn't notice about this until Nov.16, so I was at school until Nov.16.
Is it going to affect the decision on my study permit restoration? (I have explained this problem in my application.)
3.Am I going to get rejection because I was still at school after my study permit is expired?
Please help me
Thank you

ThreeSquareImm

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You committed an offence under the IRPA. They have the right to refuse your restoration application and issue you a removal order for studying without a valid study permit. The chances of that happening? Well, it depends on your circumstances. If it seems to them that it was an honest mistake, they will restore your status. They are more concerned with workers and visitors overstaying rather than students as students are constantly plugging money into the system whereas most foreign workers are just sending it home.

Restoration applications can take up to 16 weeks to process. So, just hang tight. Although you are still studying illegally.

I wrote this guide on Restoration, maybe have a quick read through: http://www.threesquareimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Restoration_of_Status_A_Guide_for_Canadian_Temporary_Residents.pdf

Ethan.P

Nov 27, 2012
Whats the chance of me getting the green letter that asks me to leave Canada?
I stopped studying as soon as I know that my study permit is expired.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
ThreeSquareImm said:
You committed an offence under the IRPA. They have the right to refuse your restoration application and issue you a removal order for studying without a valid study permit. The chances of that happening? Well, it depends on your circumstances. If it seems to them that it was an honest mistake, they will restore your status. They are more concerned with workers and visitors overstaying rather than students as students are constantly plugging money into the system whereas most foreign workers are just sending it home.

Restoration applications can take up to 16 weeks to process. So, just hang tight. Although you are still studying illegally.

I wrote this guide on Restoration, maybe have a quick read through: http://www.threesquareimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Restoration_of_Status_A_Guide_for_Canadian_Temporary_Residents.pdf
I do not think if you should come to conclusion "so quick". What do you know about the OP case, just 4-5 lines and you are concluding that the OP has committed an offence IRPA, only to make him sleepless. Does it make sense? Read his new post, OP stopped attending school right on the expiration on SP.

1. OP is eligible to apply for restoration because he is still with in 90 days period post deadline.
2. OP is not a registered student at the school post SP expiry.

* it's common for students to apply for renewal under restoration (with in 90 days).

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
jay031 said:
I do not think if you should come to conclusion "so quick". What do you know about the OP case, just 4-5 lines and you are concluding that the OP has committed an offence IRPA, only to make him sleepless. Does it make sense? Read his new post, OP stopped attending school right on the expiration on SP.

1. OP is eligible to apply for restoration because he is still with in 90 days period post deadline.
2. OP is not a registered student at the school post SP expiry.

* it's common for students to apply for renewal under restoration (with in 90 days).

Jay let's nnot judge anyone. but read again. He said his permit expired on 30sept but stopped attending on 16th nov .

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
ms.mech said:
Jay let's nnot judge anyone. but read again. He said his permit expired on 30sept but stopped attending on 16th nov .
You are right. No way for me to judge anyone. One more point, CIC can conclude your student status only on the basis of registration letter (a renewed LOA) which confirm you are still a registered student. If you decide not to submit it, you are good to apply for restoration. Get your school to drop you from the semester and it's done. Schools are always supportive.

ThreeSquareImm

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jay031

If you study without a study permit or work without a work permit, you are committing an act under the IRPA. It's fairly cut and dry. Restoration of status is not a right, it's a privilege.

He studied without a study permit. Therefore, what he did was illegal. They have a right to issue a departure order. As I clearly mentioned in my post, the chances of that happening are quite small.

It would be proactive for everyone here on the forum if you took the time to thoroughly read people's posts before jumping and saying things that don't make sense.

Ethan.P

Nov 27, 2012
I dropped out from school as soon as I know about my study permit is expired
Btw,I submitted my Sep. offer letter from school with my restoration. Is it going to affect a lot on the decision from CIC?
I had to wait ten days to get my new offer letter. I couldn't wait that long,so that's why I submitted with Sep. offer letter.

Thank you everyone for helping me.

nasirosa23

Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys,

I applied for a study permit restoration on August 6th 2012 I still havent received a reply. Can any one please share their experiences of \study permit restoration? Ask me any question you want.

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Did anyone of you tried calling CIC callcentre. if yeah then what did they say ?
Bcoz the told me that the processing time is 16 weeks for restoration.

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hey, nasirosa23, ita almost been 5 months for you and according to 16 weeks processing time u should get an answer from CIC.

did u try calling them ?

nasirosa23

Sep 19, 2012
hey gamingecko, i did call them alot they emailed the restoration department towards the end of december. nothing yet.. Can the seniors please tell me what my options are