+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Where does it say that?

Also, with regards to your approval, Did it have an address on it as to where it came from? NY or LA?
You can check: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/

VAC LA remains closed again. On my approval there is no address on where it comes from. But I know my primary office is CPC Ottawa. I sent my passport to VAC NY (yoo hoo this was a good choice!!!)

djshoki93

Aug 23, 2020
You can check: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/

VAC LA remains closed again. On my approval there is no address on where it comes from. But I know my primary office is CPC Ottawa. I sent my passport to VAC NY (yoo hoo this was a good choice!!!)
That "closed again" notice is before the "Sept 14 opening" notice (you can check webarchive). They were just a bit lazy deleting their previous updates regarding closures. So the VAC at LA is open (only for passport submission/return).

sophia55555

Dec 29, 2019
Please feel free to share your information and timeline of your study permit process applied from United States. This is my personal timeline of study permit:
- I submitted on May 18th
- I got my upfront medical examination on 2nd July (sent a mail through Webform to inform IRCC)
- I had my biometrics done on 21st July. (the system updated very quickly just right after biometrics done)
--- Waiting for processing ---
hey I need urgent help!! I have to apply for study permit. I am Indian national studying in US & have F1 visa. I just want to know what supporting documents you sent with your application. Do we need upfront medical if we are in US from past 1 year? For financial proof do we need GIC or just a Canadian bank account with required funds will suffix, Please advise

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
hey I need urgent help!! I have to apply for study permit. I am Indian national studying in US & have F1 visa. I just want to know what supporting documents you sent with your application. Do we need upfront medical if we are in US from past 1 year? For financial proof do we need GIC or just a Canadian bank account with required funds will suffix, Please advise
No need of medical. I am not sure about GIC. In my case I provided US bank with funds and tax returns, w2 forms.

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my gcms notes. Can you please review it and let me know if it is in fact approved (but they haven't issued the ppr):

Both the first stage assessment and second stage assessment were completed on the same day for me.
Under the (outgoing: 2) for the correspondence section it states that the passport request has a due date of 08/23/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy) but the status says "Not started".

Under the assessment section the final was left blank for some reason and the counterfoil req has a yes next to it. What does that mean?

Final:
The Counterfoil Req: Yes

As for the notes left by the Visa Officer at the end,

First note: A positive stage one preliminary eligibility assessment has been made on this application.

Second note: LOA provided. Funds ok. Satsified PA is a genunie student and will leave Canda at the end of authorized stay. Approved SP validity: yyyy/mm/dd. SP remarks: may accept employment.... (and so on)

(In the second note it says the SP is approved and they gave me an expiration date for it)

hjkojima

Aug 10, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my gcms notes. Can you please review it and let me know if it is in fact approved (but they haven't issued the ppr):

Both the first stage assessment and second stage assessment were completed on the same day for me.
Under the (outgoing: 2) for the correspondence section it states that the passport request has a due date of 08/23/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy) but the status says "Not started".

Under the assessment section the final was left blank for some reason and the counterfoil req has a yes next to it. What does that mean?

Final:
The Counterfoil Req: Yes

As for the notes left by the Visa Officer at the end,

First note: A positive stage one preliminary eligibility assessment has been made on this application.

Second note: LOA provided. Funds ok. Satsified PA is a genunie student and will leave Canda at the end of authorized stay. Approved SP validity: yyyy/mm/dd. SP remarks: may accept employment.... (and so on)

(In the second note it says the SP is approved and they gave me an expiration date for it)
My GCMS notes are identical to your. Does the outgoing documents list show passport request letter?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My GCMS notes are identical to your. Does the outgoing documents list show passport request letter?
Yeah it does, but the status for it is "not started" and it has a due date of 08/23/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy).

What does it say on yours? has yours been started?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Also, the full Assessment is as follows:

Eligibility: Passed
Security
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical:
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:
Counterfoil Req: Yes

hjkojima

Aug 10, 2020
The passport request letter has not started for me too and the due date is 2020/11/16. I have also passed in eligibility.
My guess is our study permits have been approved. I thought they would send the passport request letter before the due date but that doesn't seem to be the case.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hey when did you apply for your study permit? I applied on May 16th and still haven’t heard back and submitted biometrics on 22nd July.
Also when did you apply for your GCMS notes and how long it took for you to hear back?

hjkojima

Aug 10, 2020
I applied for study permit on 20th March. I applied for GCMS notes on 10th August. It took 15 days to get my notes.

Reactions: nmp98