+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
On the website, they say that is how long it takes them to process applications in the past... Now, it probably will take even longer. However, the majority of us submitted our application a few months ago, so I don't know if this apply to us.
Yeah, I hope it applies to us with shorter time. Have u consider using Access to Information?

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
On the website, they say that is how long it takes them to process applications in the past... Now, it probably will take even longer. However, the majority of us submitted our application a few months ago, so I don't know if this apply to us.
I submitted my application on May 18th but completed my biometric on July 14th. I hope this did not apply to us, otherwise we will definitely freak out!

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, I hope it applies to us with shorter time. Have u consider using Access to Information?
I have, but I decided not to. Here is why,

I remember someone said that they applied in late June and got rejected in late July. I guess that when IRCC are processing application, they probably will process application in the order that the applications were received. For example, when IRCC started processing applications on July 1st, they probably will start with the applications that were submitted in March, April, and May instead of looking at the most recent ones. Therefore, if we have not got any news right now, that could be good news because I infer that they went through our applications and did not reject them.

Furthermore, on other posts, I read that some applicants from India have requested the GCMS notes and their applications were approved, but IRCC were not asking them to send passports for visa stamping because the Visa Application Centers are still closed.

The GCMS notes take 30 days to get to us. If it says that my application is approved, but IRCC still do not contact me, it will just make me more frustrated.

Have any of you got a biometric correspondence letter yet? I still have not got mine.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
I have, but I decided not to. Here is why,

I remember someone said that they applied in late June and got rejected in late July. I guess that when IRCC are processing application, they probably will process application in the order that the applications were received. For example, when IRCC started processing applications on July 1st, they probably will start with the applications that were submitted in March, April, and May instead of looking at the most recent ones. Therefore, if we have not got any news right now, that could be good news because I infer that they went through our applications and did not reject them.

Furthermore, on other posts, I read that some applicants from India have requested the GCMS notes and their applications were approved, but IRCC were not asking them to send passports for visa stamping because the Visa Application Centers are still closed.

The GCMS notes take 30 days to get to us. If it says that my application is approved, but IRCC still do not contact me, it will just make me more frustrated.

Have any of you got a biometric correspondence letter yet? I still have not got mine.
Hopefully those who applied in March, April or May can get results ASAP. Waiting for too long. But I saw someone who applied from SriLanka in June and got approved end of July.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
On another note, I am not sure if this apply to any of you here. I finished my undergraduate degree in the U.S. on a F-1 visa. I applied for my study permit in March, and I graduated in June. I cannot return home due to travel restrictions and unbelievably expensive plane tickets. Since the Canadian Study Permit requires me to have a valid U.S. status when applying, I applied for Optional Practical Training in late June to maintain my legal status while I wait for a decision. According to my school's designated official, I may legally remain in the U.S. when my OPT application is pending even past the 60 days grace period.

I seriously doubt that I can hear back from IRCC before my 60 days grace period expires (on Aug 14th); therefore, I submitted a web form that explains my current situation with relevant documents. I submitted the web form last Friday, and I got a response today. They told me that they will forward these documents to the responsible office for consideration.

I really hope that we can hear back from them soon.

Reactions: phuongdong

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
On another note, I am not sure if this apply to any of you here. I finished my undergraduate degree in the U.S. on a F-1 visa. I applied for my study permit in March, and I graduated in June. I cannot return home due to travel restrictions and unbelievably expensive plane tickets. Since the Canadian Study Permit requires me to have a valid U.S. status when applying, I applied for Optional Practical Training in late June to maintain my legal status while I wait for a decision. According to my school's designated official, I may legally remain in the U.S. when my OPT application is pending even past the 60 days grace period.

I seriously doubt that I can hear back from IRCC before my 60 days grace period expires (on Aug 14th); therefore, I submitted a web form that explains my current situation with relevant documents. I submitted the web form last Friday, and I got a response today. They told me that they will forward these documents to the responsible office for consideration.

Your situation is same as mine. My home country is still having a travel restriction, and the ticket for that is extremely expensive. I do not think I am eligible to receive the mail allowing to travel on this type of airline despite of the fact that I filled in form back then in April. I hope we are hearing some updates soon as possible. Would you check my message inbox?

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019

I believe many of us who study in USA have the same situation. We really hope IRCC officers can understand the situation is under our control. We are waiting for a long time

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Your situation is same as mine. My home country is still having a travel restriction, and the ticket for that is extremely expensive. I do not think I am eligible to receive the mail allowing to travel on this type of airline despite of the fact that I filled in form back then in April. I hope we are hearing some updates soon as possible. Would you check my message inbox?
Is it ur first time applying for Canadian study permit?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Did you order GCMS notes a month ago? Since it was approved did you receive passport request letter?
I have not received the passport request letter yet. But in the GCMS note, there is an indication when the passport request letter will be sent to you. Plus, the system is still the same - in progress.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Is it ur first time applying for Canadian study permit?
Yeah, it is my first time applying Canada Study Permit. This is my process of GCMS note. I ordered it right after seeing the update from the system (specifically after receiving Correspondence Letter). The reason I waited because if I ordered GCMS before then it would not have updated the final decision from them. For the timeline, my GCMS note took request on July 24, but I receive the electronic version on August 06. Basically, it will take approximately 2 weeks.