+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

Hani.soltani

Jul 21, 2020
Yes, the application from USA will be processed in Canada. Mine application is currently processed in Ottawa (you can find the reference in Correspondence Letter after biometrics).
what is the correspondence letter? Is it the letter notifying the biometrics information? , and if so, I got it on April 1 from Ottawa, still waiting for the final decision.
By the way, I submitted online application to Los Angeles office end of March.

Reactions: phuongdong

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Biometric correspondence letter shows validity of ur biometric. How can u get it on April 1st since u applied for study permit at the end of March?

Reactions: Hani.soltani

Hani.soltani

Jul 21, 2020
Biometric correspondence letter shows validity of ur biometric. How can u get it on April 1st since u applied for study permit at the end of March?
Initially, I submitted my biometrics in 2017, so IRCC collected the biometrics information (correspondence letter from Ottawa) on April 1, which was 6 days after submitting the study permit application (submitted on March 25).
If anyone has already sent the application to US offices (at least before April), please share your experience.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
what is the correspondence letter? Is it the letter notifying the biometrics information? , and if so, I got it on April 1 from Ottawa, still waiting for the final decision.
By the way, I submitted online application to Los Angeles office end of March.
Yes, that is the one!! We are in the same boat though. Couples of updates: I spoke to one of the RCIC consultant - he said the estimated processing time is not accurate during this interruption and expecting of some changes from IRCC in the upcoming weeks in August.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Yes, that is the one!! We are in the same boat though. Couples of updates: I spoke to one of the RCIC consultant - he said the estimated processing time is not accurate during this interruption and expecting of some changes from IRCC in the upcoming weeks in August.
I submitted my complete application on 14th July. Does it mean I can get final decision in August?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I submitted my complete application on 14th July. Does it mean I can get final decision in August?
I am not 100% sure about the final decision in August. I am pretty sure (if you attend the webminar by IRCC days ago) that IRCC's aim to pass as much of applications to stage 1 - prior approval. For complete applications, they say they will process (but I think the answer on webminar by IRCC is still vague - I am just waiting for August's updates).

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I just saw that the processing time for study permit applied from U.S. is now updated to 19 weeks!!!....o_O
On the website, they say that is how long it takes them to process applications in the past... Now, it probably will take even longer. However, the majority of us submitted our application a few months ago, so I don't know if this apply to us.