+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit in Los Angeles

evelyn9997

Nov 10, 2016
hello, guys i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so basically I'm inside canada as a visitor I'm spanish so i don't need a visa, now i want to study and i got accepted in a university for winter 2017, sadly i did the process wrong i went to an advisor and she sent my application to vegreville in AB, but for what i read it needs to be send to los angeles, can i do it online or by mail, what are the probabilities of getting the permit ?
thank you

evelyn9997

Nov 10, 2016
hello, guys so i just want to know ... I'm trying to apply for my study permit while being inside canada but I'm going to send it to los angeles, in the application form it ask country of residence , I'm actually in canada should i put canada or where i was staying that its england , also it says country you are applying from, i need to write canada right ?
thanks

liz tri

Mar 22, 2018
hello, guys i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so basically I'm inside canada as a visitor I'm spanish so i don't need a visa, now i want to study and i got accepted in a university for winter 2017, sadly i did the process wrong i went to an advisor and she sent my application to vegreville in AB, but for what i read it needs to be send to los angeles, can i do it online or by mail, what are the probabilities of getting the permit ?
thank you
His did you get your study visa?

HL1994

Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I will really be grateful if anyone could lend me a useful advice and a way to solve my problem.

So I'm an international student from Algeria. I've been accepted for a PhD program for the summer trimester (Which is next month). I've received my Acceptance Certificate of Quebec (CAQ) and then I've applied online for a study permit. Unfortunately it has been refused because I don't have the right status to use such method. So I've sent my application to Los Angeles and I've recieved an email today that says :

''Your application was received today but unfortunately, we cannot process the application. Your nationality requires you to come to the VAC to get fingerprints done. If you cannot come to the VAC, you have to provide a return shipping label from UPS or DHL so we can return the application. The application will not get process until you have done the biometrics in our office.''

Although, I've done my biometrics in the VAC of Algeria as well as in the US highgate springs border center. Does anyone has a solution or any kind of tip that allows to solve the situation without traveling to Los Angeles. Otherwise I'll be missing the summer trimeter and pay the tuition fees.

Do I need a visa to cross the borders of US so I can go to the nearest office that I can do my biometrics? If yes, what should I do to have it?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Utakogirl2013

Nov 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

I will really be grateful if anyone could lend me a useful advice and a way to solve my problem.

So I'm an international student from Algeria. I've been accepted for a PhD program for the summer trimester (Which is next month). I've received my Acceptance Certificate of Quebec (CAQ) and then I've applied online for a study permit. Unfortunately it has been refused because I don't have the right status to use such method. So I've sent my application to Los Angeles and I've recieved an email today that says :

''Your application was received today but unfortunately, we cannot process the application. Your nationality requires you to come to the VAC to get fingerprints done. If you cannot come to the VAC, you have to provide a return shipping label from UPS or DHL so we can return the application. The application will not get process until you have done the biometrics in our office.''

Although, I've done my biometrics in the VAC of Algeria as well as in the US highgate springs border center. Does anyone has a solution or any kind of tip that allows to solve the situation without traveling to Los Angeles. Otherwise I'll be missing the summer trimeter and pay the tuition fees.

Do I need a visa to cross the borders of US so I can go to the nearest office that I can do my biometrics? If yes, what should I do to have it?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Hello are you currently in canada? whats the outcome of your application

liz tri

Mar 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Hi how is the your process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes makes no sence but Canada outsource that job to the States.
Not really outsourced to the States it is done through the Canadian government offices there. An international student must apply from outside Canada so the Canadian offices are not set-up process the applications. The majority of students do apply from their home country so it's not a huge deal.

Reactions: liz tri

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Has there ever been a case of an international student applying from USA who got Canada student visa approved? All I see is rejections. This is so depressing.