+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit in Los Angeles

Jul 17, 2012
Hi

I am in Canada with a visitor visa for 2 months. I applied to a College and I was accepted. How can I change my visitor visa to student. I knew that I can go to Seattle's immigration office and apply there in person as it is faster than by mail. Unfortunately, I read Seattle's immigration office stopped doing this and I should go to Los Angeles. Is that possible?? I am not a USA citizen, I am from Spain so I do not need a visa to go to USA.

please very urgent

krtecek

Jan 11, 2013
Hi,
how did you solve it? I'm in Canada as a visitor right now and I'm applying for a study permit. I wonder whether I should apply inside or outside of Canada..
Thanks for replying.

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
A visitor inside Canada is not eligible to apply within Canada. You must have to apply through visa office at the country of your residence or otherwise you have an option of applying through Los Anageles visa office. You don't need to leave Canada to apply your study permit. You can do so while staying inside Canada. For further details visit CIC website and Los Anageles consulate website.

thanks,

vinch286

Nov 2, 2014
I'll be having the same situation as yours soon. I'm currently in Canada holding a Visitors visa and I'm sending my Student permit application to VAC-LA when I receive my Letter of Acceptance from the school I applied for. I'm aware that we can not convert our Visitors (Tourist) visa within Canada and a friend here in Canada told me to send my application from outside Canada that's why I'm planning to send my application to VAC-LA instead. This is my first time to do this and I dont have a lawyer to assist me. Is this process really working?

Divhar

Apr 27, 2015
Hi All,
I am a visitor in Canada and got accepted by a school for a two year program.
I hired a lawyer to get my student permit.
All documents were submitted to her and she applied online to the VAC at Los Angeles on April 1 2015 for May 11 school ( Really late. I know)
My lawyer says she hasn't heard anything from LOS ANGELES yet.7My school starts on May 11 and dont know what to do.
What if I dont get the permit on time?
Any advice?

TIA!

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
Divhar said:
Hi All,
I am a visitor in Canada and got accepted by a school for a two year program.
I hired a lawyer to get my student permit.
All documents were submitted to her and she applied online to the VAC at Los Angeles on April 1 2015 for May 11 school ( Really late. I know)
My lawyer says she hasn't heard anything from LOS ANGELES yet.7My school starts on May 11 and dont know what to do.
What if I dont get the permit on time?
Any advice?

TIA!
hi DIvhar,
there is rumor that LA VAC will process the permits in starting of study date I think they will reply to you soon my study will start in 20/6

Divhar

Apr 27, 2015
Kingo said:
hi DIvhar,
there is rumor that LA VAC will process the permits in starting of study date I think they will reply to you soon my study will start in 20/6
Hi Kingo,
What do you mean?
They process the application before the start date or do they start processing only later?
I have not heard anything from them, and I will have to send my passport to the LA office and get it back and I only have 16 days in total! :(

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
i hope you will late only one week , they process it in priority of the study starting date

Divhar

Apr 27, 2015
Kingo said:
i hope you will late only one week , they process it in priority of the study starting date
oh Really? Thats good to hear! Fingers crossed as I only have 15 days left max and its going to be 5 week since I applied.
Thanks!

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
no update yet anyone gets update

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
I get email from LA
Your application is in queue for review by a visa officer. An exact finalization date, however, is not yet available. We will contact you once a decision has been reached or if we need additional documents and/or information.

Brooke_fu

Jun 10, 2015
I applied my study permit last week through VAC, and been asked original passport at the date they received my application on 5th June, sent the passports on 6th, and is under consideration now.