+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit - family ties in Canada and country of residence

Jun 22, 2019
I didn't mention the exact sentence "I will leave Canada". I mentioned about future projects in Qatar, and also how that masters degree will help me in advancing my position in my current company.

Well @jweekend how would you suggest to convince the VO that I'll leave Canada after my studies?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I didn't mention the exact sentence "I will leave Canada". I mentioned about future projects in Qatar, and also how that masters degree will help me in advancing my position in my current company.

Well @jweekend how would you suggest to convince the VO that I'll leave Canada after my studies?
Is it true then, that you're using the study permit to settle in Canada and not leave after your temporary stay? Because that's what was determined from your immigration documents, education, finance and family background. The visa officer don't make a decision from your sop. It's not a creative writing application.

Jun 22, 2019
@jweekend what are you not understanding? I never mentioned about settling in Canada or not leaving after my temporary stay.

For strong ties, I provided my property papers, a letter from my employer and few other documents.

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
@JoBerl I am in the same situation as you are in.

I am an Indian working at Qatar from past 5 years for refusal for masters program. I applied for visa from Qatar and the application was handled from Abu Dhabi office. I had mentioned about travelling back to Qatar with my employment offer letter and payslips and eventually settle in India showing the CA evaluation of the properties in my name and in my father's name, unfortunately, nothing helped.

I need suggestions from seniors should I reapply using the employers letter stating I will go on a leave during masters and join the same job or should I go to India and apply under SDS showing family ties?

Below are the reasons for rejection:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
I am an Indian living in Kuwait. I have worked in Kuwait for almost 15 years as a Project Controls Engineer.I have applied for a Canada study permit (For MBA) in October and got refused in November. My refusal was based on the same reasons as yours, except the last one. I thought, the reason for my refusal was missing documents like my experience certificate and property details. So I have reapplied a week before attaching all the documents and with a detailed SOP . After going through this thread I am expecting another refusal.
I am a mother of two teenagers, so I have applied for my children along with me, the first time. The second time I have applied without my husband and children.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I am an Indian living in Kuwait. I have worked in Kuwait for almost 15 years as a Project Controls Engineer.I have applied for a Canada study permit (For MBA) in October and got refused in November. My refusal was based on the same reasons as yours, except the last one. I thought, the reason for my refusal was missing documents like my experience certificate and property details. So I have reapplied a week before attaching all the documents and with a detailed SOP . After going through this thread I am expecting another refusal.
I am a mother of two teenagers, so I have applied for my children along with me, the first time. The second time I have applied without my husband and children.
U got?

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
If it means I must leave once study permit expires then I leave. Why would I put myself in trouble by staying in a country without permit or legal status?

You haven't answered my question. You are just repeating the same words in different forms.
How do they know I don't intend to comply with immigration regulations? Aside from residing in UAE and visiting home country , I have traveled to several other destinations including Europe both for vacation and business reasons all the while respecting the given permits and regulations. I am sure if they have checked my records like visa stamps entry & exit stamps I haven't violated any law in any country I have been too or in the one I am currently residing in.
Don't they do a background check before they conclude that an 'applicant will not comply with immigration regulations.'

Someone in this thread mentioned "diploma/pg is a back door to PR", why master and PhD is not back door to PR? Just asking what is the purpose of PGWP and other immigration programs for international students?
Just go for a judicial review. I'm in the same boat as u and truly applying from outside your home country after staying abroad for so long ìis really difficult but as well not a crime. I hope I make it out and get a good decision from the court.

Reactions: Sunflowerdee