NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Josh21 said:
Quebec has it's own ministry to select and approve students. CIC only checks security issues with Quebec students usually. They probably told CIC not to delay their students.

Also for the above poster, it was regular mail.
Thanks for that info. So Quebec students have to go through two approval processes! Hopefully non-Quebecer get approvals soon too!

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh21 said:
Quebec has it's own ministry to select and approve students. CIC only checks security issues with Quebec students usually. They probably told CIC not to delay their students.

Also for the above poster, it was regular mail.
Hot dayum. I wish BC government was as 'caring'.... :'(

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
So processing time is now at 95 days! :eek: :eek:

Can't catch a break...

Rousi

Oct 16, 2013
Hi everyone,
So my husband applied on May 29th for a study permit (he was on a spousal work permit but now got accepted in school and asked for a study permit) as far as I know this process is considered as an study permit extension.
He applied May 29th (online)
July 21st got the weird email update with no real update
July 24 in the morning he got the update notifying the approval
July 24 afternoon he got a digital letter indicating that a package will be sent to our mailing adress in no more than 6 weeks.

So I think we were in the lucky group to get approval before 2 months. I also have a question: will this package contain the study permit in physical or he will need to send his passport once this Package arrives? The online letter did not say anything about sending the passport so I'm confused.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Rousi said:
Hi everyone,
So my husband applied on May 29th for a study permit (he was on a spousal work permit but now got accepted in school and asked for a study permit) as far as I know this process is considered as an study permit extension.
He applied May 29th (online)
July 21st got the weird email update with no real update
July 24 in the morning he got the update notifying the approval
July 24 afternoon he got a digital letter indicating that a package will be sent to our mailing adress in no more than 6 weeks.

So I think we were in the lucky group to get approval before 2 months. I also have a question: will this package contain the study permit in physical or he will need to send his passport once this Package arrives? The online letter did not say anything about sending the passport so I'm confused.
Congrats! Based on my last experience with SP extension, you will get a physical Study Permit letter in the mail. If you are not TRV exempt, then you will need to apply for a TRV separately and then mail the passport for TRV endorsement once that is approved. Hope this helps.

Rousi

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks! It is helpful,
He doesn't need a TRV extension cause last year we applied for both of us and it was approved for two years (duration of my studies) so it will be renewed next year when both ours TRV expire.

Dafe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
i applied on 26th may and got mine on the email approval after 50days. am yet to receive my letter at my mailing address

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
It would be nice if folks who get the approval also mention which province they are based in. Just so we know that non-Quebec folks are also getting their applications processed.

Heline

Jul 25, 2015
Hello!

My final exam is on August 21th and my student permit will expire on August 31(it takes 4 to 6 weeks to have the result), I have applied for an extension on June 26th and I haven't received any news yet, I just read that now the process time is about 95 days which means that I can have a response only at the end of September... but my student permit will not be valid anymore.

My question are:
Can I stay in Canada while waiting for a response?
If the response is no how many days do I have to book a flight?
As I don't want to book an expensive flight, can I book one for the end of September even though I might receive a no response? Now the flights for the end of August are way more expensive than what I used to pay and September seems still ok.

Thank you for your help!

bluecats17

Jul 25, 2015
Hi, guys.
I applied study permit extension on 19th May and still waiting.
I got mysterious emails from CIC that some people mentioned.
(The tile "Your application has been update", but actually no update in CIC site)
I got the emails on Jun 18th, July 2nd, 23rd, 26th.
do you guys got this mysterious mail so often???

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Heline said:
Hello!

My final exam is on August 21th and my student permit will expire on August 31(it takes 4 to 6 weeks to have the result), I have applied for an extension on June 26th and I haven't received any news yet, I just read that now the process time is about 95 days which means that I can have a response only at the end of September... but my student permit will not be valid anymore.

My question are:
Can I stay in Canada while waiting for a response?
If the response is no how many days do I have to book a flight?
As I don't want to book an expensive flight, can I book one for the end of September even though I might receive a no response? Now the flights for the end of August are way more expensive than what I used to pay and September seems still ok.

Thank you for your help!
From what I understand is that if you apply for an extension and your study permit expires during the processing stage, you are in implied status so you don't have to leave. If they don't extend your permit (I think if you mentioned your circumstances then that shouldn't be the case), you have some time to apply for a restoration etc. I wold suggest you talk to someone at your university's international office for more details as a precaution but I think those are some options.

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
bluecats17 said:
Hi, guys.
I applied study permit extension on 19th May and still waiting.
I got mysterious emails from CIC that some people mentioned.
(The tile "Your application has been update", but actually no update in CIC site)
I got the emails on Jun 18th, July 2nd, 23rd, 26th.
do you guys got this mysterious mail so often???
i got one email like this about one month after my application, yet no updated result from my CIC account so far. i applied in the middle of June, this email came in the middle of July.

not so many as you've got, but i guess you will get a fine result.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Guys do we need to submit medical report done in last 12 months again while filing for extension.