+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit extension

zlhngn

Jun 25, 2019
Hi, I applied for study permit extension on May 29 but we have not got the approval or refusal yet. It shows that it is still processing. How long it will take, is there anybody who has got the extension recently?
Second question; my husband is still waiting in our country. when my extension approved he will apply for the open work permit from our country. does he need to wait for my new study permit as a paper? or correspondence letter is enough?

thank you.

zlhngn

Jun 25, 2019
It was approved on 36th day.
we will apply for my husband's open work permit once we received the study permit paper.

ps: application: 29 May approval: 3 July

Muffins21

Sep 17, 2019
It was approved on 36th day.
we will apply for my husband's open work permit once we received the study permit paper.

ps: application: 29 May approval: 3 July
Hello just a question. Did you fill in the ‘optional document’ part when you did your visa extension? If yes what did you write/which document did you inserted?
Thank you

zlhngn

Jun 25, 2019
Hello just a question. Did you fill in the ‘optional document’ part when you did your visa extension? If yes what did you write/which document did you inserted?
Thank you
actually, I didn't use the optional document section but it needs to be used. if you are going to upload some supporting papers like marriage certificate or spousal financial or personal papers, you will need to upload to the optional document section. otherwise, it is going to be really hard to collect all the papers in one pdf which should not be bigger than it has to be.

Reactions: Muffins21

Muffins21

Sep 17, 2019
actually, I didn't use the optional document section but it needs to be used. if you are going to upload some supporting papers like marriage certificate or spousal financial or personal papers, you will need to upload to the optional document section. otherwise, it is going to be really hard to collect all the papers in one pdf which should not be bigger than it has to be.
Oh i see. So you didnt submit any Letter of Explanation for your study visa extension? In my first application for study visa i had to submit a letter explaining why im coming to CA for atudies. Is it required to submit same for visa extension? :s

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Oh i see. So you didnt submit any Letter of Explanation for your study visa extension? In my first application for study visa i had to submit a letter explaining why im coming to CA for atudies. Is it required to submit same for visa extension? :s
Yes , it's always helpful to submit a SOP.
I did for my extension !

Muffins21

Sep 17, 2019
Yes , it's always helpful to submit a SOP.
I did for my extension !
Im confused about the SOP on what to write. Because in the first one i said i would return to my country after my studies. Now how to j explain i want to continue with the studies?
Can you help please :/
Also can i do 2 Post grad certificate and get 2 years work permit? How long does the 2 post grad certificate must be. Thank you.
Im leaving my country in december for CA.i want to be sure before leaving everything behind