+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi all,

glad to inform you that I just got my study permit approval . (change of status from OWP to SP)
I didnt get any update mails, but I was checking mycic frequently because of the previous msgs here.

Applied on May 17th with upfront medical
Approved on July31st
several blank updates in between
Processing time :75 days, online application, Ontario

Good luck to all who are waiting. Keep checking mycic frequently.

does anybody know when can I expect the permit in mail? 6-10 days?

Thanks

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
quillnquire said:
Hi,

As per my knowledge the first message of "application has been updated" seems to be a computer generated mail, I had a similar such mail recently, upon calling the CIC helpline this was what I was told.

The second message of "There have been no updates to your application" is generally received one month after you submit your application.

My application was updated in a day or two since I received the "application has been updated" email, so I suggest check back again, you might find an update from CIC this time for real. Stay positive :)

Cheers
quote author=lcnana link=topic=325845.msg4522870#msg4522870 date=1438424586]
Nono i applied on jun 15th not may 15th..i think i am just one of the very lucky one
[/quote]

Thanks quill, finally my application was shown approved on July 30th.

i applied in the middle June, on July 14th, an email came in saying update but nothing happened on my CIC page; on 27th another same email came in, and on 30th it showed approved.

and thanks to many people here.

next job is to extend my visa, oh, i need to get the paper study permit first, then i can apply for visa extension, right?

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
bjornebear said:
Do you know if it's okay to submit an online application from outside Canada? I'm returning to Canada in about a month on a current study permit that expires November, so I though it would be fine, although idk. Just based on the processing times my application could be approved from either Canada or my home country only after I come back to Canada anyway.
Yes, you submit and online application while outside Canada. Since you are a returning/ continuing student make sure that the address you have in your application is Canadian and that you have a written letter from your college/university stating that you are continuing.

yasamin

Jul 31, 2015
My application status is updated an approved today. :) I applied on May 22nd in Alberta, and it is approved on August 4th without notification email.

Does any one know how long the visa renewal application takes now? The website is not updated, and it also doesn't say how long the mailing time takes.

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
My timeline
Applied on 28 June
Status changed to approved today :)
Best of luck to all
Processing time- 38 days

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
hi all members, i want to share my case bcz i got lots of info about study permit extension while waiting for it.

(A) i have applied my study permit extension on may 27,2015 before expiry date june 30,2015 of study permit.

(B)i have also applied for my wife visiter permit, extending temporary stay in canada as visitor.( actualy she came on open work permit as my spouse and i was full time student so she get open work permit expiring june 30,2015 same as my study permit. i have one subject left to finish graduation requirements so that one subject study is part-time in january 2016 so she is not eligible to get open work permit while my study is part time. that is the reason why i applied to change status as visiter for my wife.

(C) i have received an e-mail that my application is updated on july 23,2015 so i checked my cic account and i receive notification letter that my study permit application and my wife's visiter permit approved. and receive physical permits in mail on july 28,2015.
wish you all that everyone get their permit soon. thank you. keep faith in god.

Aug 10, 2015
Hey guys,

Congratulations to those that have gotten their extension!

I submitted my application online on May 30th. The cic website of processing time now shows that they are working on application submitted on June 10th, but I haven't heard anything from them yet! As most people mentioned in this forum, I got two emails saying that my application has been updated since I submitted my application, and I didn't see any updates either about my status or the messages. Once on July 15th and once on July 29th. I called the call centre today and they told me that from what they can see, my application is still in the process. But I'm really worried about my application now. Is it normal for it to take longer time that what's posted on the website? Does this mean that I'm likely to get refused/rejection? Has anyone had this kind of experience before?

Thank you.

yasamin

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

That also happened for me and several other people in this forum. I called the CIC call centres and I got approval on the next week (two business days later). I don't know if the call was effective, and I might have heard back at the same time if I hadn't call... but just in case, you may want to call. I don't think it is a refusal sign.

PrincessCharlotte said:
Hey guys,

I submitted my application online on May 30th. The cic website of processing time now shows that they are working on application submitted on June 10th, but I haven't heard anything from them yet! As most people mentioned in this forum, I got two emails saying that my application has been updated since I submitted my application, and I didn't see any updates either about my status or the messages. Once on July 15th and once on July 29th. I called the call centre today and they told me that from what they can see, my application is still in the process. But I'm really worried about my application now. Is it normal for it to take longer time that what's posted on the website? Does this mean that I'm likely to get refused/rejection? Has anyone had this kind of experience before?

Thank you.

Aug 10, 2015
yasamin said:
Hi,

That also happened for me and several other people in this forum. I called the CIC call centres and I got approval on the next week (two business days later). I don't know if the call was effective, and I might have heard back at the same time if I hadn't call... but just in case, you may want to call. I don't think it is a refusal sign.
Thank you. I did call them this morning and told them about my situation and they said that from what they can see, my application is still in process.

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
PrincessCharlotte said:
Hey guys,

Thank you.
Hi PrincessCharlotte - I'm in the same situation. Applied May 26 - when I called on Friday he told me it had "gone for review" but could not tell me what was under review or how long it would take. Very concerned now as I am meant to be starting co-op at the beginning of september and not sure I will be allowed to if my visa is not with me before then :S

Aug 10, 2015
ailsaclare said:
Hi PrincessCharlotte - I'm in the same situation. Applied May 26 - when I called on Friday he told me it had "gone for review" but could not tell me what was under review or how long it would take. Very concerned now as I am meant to be starting co-op at the beginning of september and not sure I will be allowed to if my visa is not with me before then :S
Oh god. I totally understand you. I can't remember what exactly what they said, but they told me about the same thing, saying it's still being reviewed or still in the process. It's very nerve-racking. :eek: I really need this study permit extension to stay and finish my study. I do not know how much longer we need to wait...

mr.parmar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
waheguru :)
PrincessCharlotte said:
Oh god. I totally understand you. I can't remember what exactly what they said, but they told me about the same thing, saying it's still being reviewed or still in the process. It's very nerve-racking. :eek: I really need this study permit extension to stay and finish my study. I do not know how much longer we need to wait...
Hi, I am in same situation. I applied on 23rd of May but decision is still pending. I know two other guys who applied around 23rd of may and still waiting for student permit extension. i called cic on 6th of this month and agent said she will send an inquiry to the department who take care of these extensions . She suggested me to get to them in next week and when i called in today agent told me that they got reply for my case and CIC is still reviewing your file and it can take upto 16 more weeks. I applied like 3 months ago and have to wait 16 more weeks, that mean 6-7 months in total just to get extension ?. now i am worried