+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

Aug 10, 2015
mr.parmar said:
Hi, I am in same situation. I applied on 23rd of May but decision is still pending. I know two other guys who applied around 23rd of may and still waiting for student permit extension. i called cic on 6th of this month and agent said she will send an inquiry to the department who take care of these extensions . She suggested me to get to them in next week and when i called in today agent told me that they got reply for my case and CIC is still reviewing your file and it can take upto 16 more weeks. I applied like 3 months ago and have to wait 16 more weeks, that mean 6-7 months in total just to get extension ?. now i am worried
Hi,

I got about the same answer. The agent I spoke to said that call them back in Mid-November if I still haven't received anything. But at the meantime, I think we can remain the implied status of a student and stay in Canada and study.

Good Luck!

Aug 13, 2015
Hi!
I applied for my study permit extension on June 19, 2015. I called CIC today and they said that I can expect that my application to be processed by next week. But one of my friend who applied on July 3rd has already got the approval. Does this mean that CIC does not process application on the basis of first come first serve i.e. according to time of arrival of application? Or is the delay because I got my passport renewed few months ago.
Please can anyone suggest me why is it so? It will be a great help!

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi friends....pls I submitted my application May 15 and it is yet to be approved.

I have made several calls to call centre, was told that they are working on it. But i guess I made a mistake in my applicatuon...

The question:

Have u stayed outside for the past 6 months should be yes for me because I came in wen my visa was almost expiring. But I picked no....

Pls kindly advice me. I am thinking I should submit a medical report though not requested or I should contact an agent.

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application on May 26, and just logged into MyCIC on the off chance something had changed - and now I see my status as showing approved :D However, I haven't had an email from CIC and there's no letter on my account... Has anyone else had this happen? How long did it take for the letter to show up? Is it worth calling CIC in the morning if I still don't have it?

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harbee said:
Hi friends....pls I submitted my application May 15 and it is yet to be approved.

I have made several calls to call centre, was told that they are working on it. But i guess I made a mistake in my applicatuon...

The question:

Have u stayed outside for the past 6 months should be yes for me because I came in wen my visa was almost expiring. But I picked no....

Pls kindly advice me. I am thinking I should submit a medical report though not requested or I should contact an agent.
That's not the question Harbee. You only need to submit a medical checkup information if you stayed in another counter LONGER than 6 months. You should be fine.

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
I submitted my extension application on July 15 and got an update email from myCIC August 15. When I checked, it said that my extension has been approved.

Mioo

Aug 20, 2015
Congratulations to those who got approved!!

I submitted mine on Jun 8, still waiting for it.
got several update email, but i didn't get any new meaasge after I loggd in my account.
I called CIC centre three times. today, the lady told me mine was still in process, they were reviewing my eligibility to study, i dont know why==. caz my sp will expire next year?

she said to call back on Aug 26, but she didnt say 'if you dont get it, call back'...is it a bad sign?

vancouverbr

Aug 24, 2015
I applied for a student permit extension on June 12th and MyCIC account hasn't updated since then.

I called CIC 2 weeks ago and they said that my application was approved, but MyCIC hasn't been updated and my permit hasn't been printed.

I've called CIC Call Centre more 3 times and they've said:
- it happens sometimes;
- they sent a message to the CIC office to solve my case;
- they don't know how long it's gonna take;
- they cannot give me any further information.

Has anyone had the same problem?

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
i submitted my study permit extension on May 27th, and by now haven't got any feedback. i am wondering why my case is always pending? something wrong? does the long processing time indicate a greater chance of rejection? is there any deadline for those officers, since my class starts in the early september, what if i cannot get the extension by then? will I be kicked out of the class?

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
rs33 said:
I submitted my extension application on July 15 and got an update email from myCIC August 15. When I checked, it said that my extension has been approved.
Just another update... I received the new permit in the mail last Friday. They added an additional 3 months to the end date I had put in the application, which is nice.

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
As far as I know, the applicants who wait longer time to process their study permit extension all get approved. By contrast, the applicants whose application is rejected get quick response. Is my perception correct?

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application for SP extension June 20th (67 days ago) while the current average processing time is 45 days. I called CIC and they told me that the officer has asked for further review of the application. It was transferred to the Operations support centre in Ottawa. Anyone knows what does that mean?
I was told that i can call them if i didn't get a reply by November 27th!
btw, i don't think there is anything special about my application, had all my paperwork submitted. just a regular 4 month extension of a masters degree

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
morsy86 said:
I submitted my application for SP extension June 20th (67 days ago) while the current average processing time is 45 days. I called CIC and they told me that the officer has asked for further review of the application. It was transferred to the Operations support centre in Ottawa. Anyone knows what does that mean?
btw, i don't think there is anything special about my application, had all my paperwork submitted. just a regular 4 month extension of a masters degree
i am afraid that i am undergoing the same situation. Are they doing some background checks or verification on us? Do they suspect that we are terrorists? it is so ridiculous. i cannot figure out why? or there are some misunderstandings here, since their head office is located in Ottawa. so i suppose all the cases will go to ottawa. i really need this study permit to invite my wife and my parents to visit me? can i still invite them when my case is pending?

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
morsy86 said:
Same situation here. I applied on June 22 for a NEW study permit, called CIC 4 times - last time I was told that they did a further investigation. My CIC account was updated yesterday, I got an email, but there were no changes in my account. I'm desperate :(