+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys, for SP extension purposes, is it required to submit the medical exam? Please share your thoughts on the scenario below:

Came to Canada in August 2015. Graduated from a one year program in April 2015. Enrolled in another program that starts September 2015. Applied for SP extension and used the same medical that was used for the first SP. The only issue here is that the medical expired on the day that the application was submitted online for SP extension.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
If you applyed in late June as your previous post says then you're unlikely to hear back untill late september at the current rate of processing.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I know some folks who applied in late April and May have received extensions so I think there is a chance that we will hear earlier. Let's hope for the best.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
anyone get updates this week?

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samroc said:
anyone get updates this week?
Nothing yet. I think the timeline posted on CIC is actually correct. The people who get them early are probably lucky individuals.

bjornebear

Jul 10, 2015
Do you know if it's okay to submit an online application from outside Canada? I'm returning to Canada in about a month on a current study permit that expires November, so I though it would be fine, although idk. Just based on the processing times my application could be approved from either Canada or my home country only after I come back to Canada anyway.

NTNBaessi

Jan 3, 2015
Is this all normal? I mean, waiting that long just for an extension.
Don't they know that a lot of students need for their permit for the next September?
Is there anything unusual happening for the slowed-down processing of the applications?

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
quillnquire said:
It takes a couple of days to get updated, check again in a day or two. I had the same process where they updated but I couldn't see the changes made in my CIC account.
why i got two emails from cic one day after another?

the first one was on 14th evening, saying
"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."
yet nothing changed in my cic account when i signed in yesterday night (15th) right after i saw this email.

today another email came in, saying
"There have been no updates to your application (S123456789) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience."

so speechless ...

quillnquire

Jun 11, 2015
roadtofreedom16 said:
why i got two emails from cic one day after another?

the first one was on 14th evening, saying
"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."
yet nothing changed in my cic account when i signed in yesterday night (15th) right after i saw this email.

today another email came in, saying
"There have been no updates to your application (S123456789) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience."

so speechless ...
Hi,

As per my knowledge the first message of "application has been updated" seems to be a computer generated mail, I had a similar such mail recently, upon calling the CIC helpline this was what I was told.

The second message of "There have been no updates to your application" is generally received one month after you submit your application.

My application was updated in a day or two since I received the "application has been updated" email, so I suggest check back again, you might find an update from CIC this time for real. Stay positive :)

Cheers

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
quillnquire said:
Hi,

As per my knowledge the first message of "application has been updated" seems to be a computer generated mail, I had a similar such mail recently, upon calling the CIC helpline this was what I was told.

The second message of "There have been no updates to your application" is generally received one month after you submit your application.

My application was updated in a day or two since I received the "application has been updated" email, so I suggest check back again, you might find an update from CIC this time for real. Stay positive :)

Cheers
Thanks very much quill.

i applied in the middle of June, i guess cic just made some entertainment to me, the result shouldn't come out so early - in just one month.

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi

I read in some posts that people who applied even by late may or early June are getting approvals. And there was an article in an Alberta Newspaper about unusually long periods this year and that International students are getting worried. What is happening ?

gq

Jul 27, 2015
Sorry to post on this thread but im new to this forumn and i cant seem to find the post button.

I am international Student. I recently lost my passport in May, filed a police report and have applied for a new one. However the processing takes about 4 months. My study permit expires in 4 days ( 30th July 2015). I've been delaying with its submission because I was waiting to see if my passport will come before but now I have to go ahead and submit without my passport. What do I do, Please I need help. Thank you.

P.S
My lost passport would have expired in Jul 2017

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
gq said:
Sorry to post on this thread but im new to this forumn and i cant seem to find the post button.

I am international Student. I recently lost my passport in May, filed a police report and have applied for a new one. However the processing takes about 4 months. My study permit expires in 4 days ( 30th July 2015). I've been delaying with its submission because I was waiting to see if my passport will come before but now I have to go ahead and submit without my passport. What do I do, Please I need help. Thank you.

P.S
I am not sure how to handle ur situation but here r my 2 cents . this info may be wrong but do u have photo copies of ur passport if ur applying online i dont believe u need actual passport .

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
gq said:

P.S
Hi, I think you should be getting legal advice now,gq. Yours is a difficult situation. I think an Immigration consultant can help you.