+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

Sergey18

Jan 10, 2013
Guys I need your advice,

I've been studying here for ~3 years and now just 1 or 2 semesters away from graduation. I applied for a study permit extension on May 18th, 2015. It was approved and I've just received it. Shockingly, it is valid until Dec. 1, 2015. Is this a joke?? This does not even authorize me to study for 1 term. Basically, they gave me an extension for FOUR MONTHS. The hell??

I've written a case specific enquiry at cic.gc.ca, but I doubt that they will answer.

Should I reapply immediately?
Should I wait just before the expiry and then reapply (thus allowing myself to graduate before I get an answer)?

soilnet

May 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a question about my extension study permit.
I submit application on June 17, today I login my CIC account, it shows that my application is approved.
But after I click details, there is still no anything update, the decision is "Not start" status.
And I don't receive email.

Why does it happen?

tst1980

Jul 25, 2015
Well.... my wife submitted for an extension on June 19th and I have a visitor record and I applied for an open work permit (we are in BC)
no updates at all....

the online processing time states that they are working on applications submitted on July 23rd....

any ideas? could my open work permit be the cause of the delay?

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your work permit will take its time to process according to the average processing time of work permits,
your wife should get her study permit soon, but you still have what might be 45 days

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
The processing time for SP extension is 35 days in cic website after last update
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/times/temp.asp

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Hey everyone,

I received 3 status update emails so far applied on 25th July according to processing time it takes 35 days now but no update is there on my online account. It's not even in process, it only shows application/profile status : open, did anyone have same scenario? Thanks would call on Tuesday to check as well..

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Hi to everyone,
First of all, let me give a little background information.

I am from a Visa exempt country. In August 2014, I applied for and received my study permit(Exp. Nov. 2015) within 4 days. I then applied for an open work permit for my wife but we did not get it by the time we were ready to come to Canada.

We arrived in Canada with the intention of her not working for a while and just waiting until her work permit was approved. Upon landing, We were able to obtain her work permit(Exp. Nov. 2015) at the airport, at the same point in time that I received my study permit.

I have since applied for an extension to study permit, and I am waiting until I receive mine to apply for her extension (Big mistake). The estimated processing times for her work permit extension are at 114 days.

Is there any way that her work permit application be expedited?

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
applied for study permit extention on

25 th may 2015
still waiting: 14 sept 2015??

any one have any idea? why they take this long>
they said my file is under review and they transfered it to local visa office..

what does this step means
/??

please reply me guys i am sooo tensed..

Richard.zczc

Sep 17, 2015
Hi.....
I submitted my study permit extension on May 26. One day after you......
I am still waiting....same as you....
The status is "not started"...
I have called them for more than 10 times....
They don't mention anything about the "local office", just say the only thing I can do is "WAIT"......
So....wait....

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
Hi everyone!

Just an quick update:
I applied on June 22th for a NEW study permit. I applied inland form British Columbia.
I called them multiple times and wrote a ecase inquiry - all they told me at the time "just wait"

After 3 months and a week of waiting I've got my application approved today. I didn't receive any email or In-Canada approval letter. I just randomly checked my profile.

Hope whoever is waiting will get permits soon! Good Luck!

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
congrats , you are lucky....i have applied on may 25 still i dint received any thing......
fingers are crossed, hope it comes possitive and soon....