+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Refused

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But, i did have had study permit at that time when, i applied for Visitor Visa in july 2020. I just withdrew that application in August 2021, because my biometrics weren't done file was in loop. And in july 2021 IRCC also posted that, applicants should apply for new applications and withdraw previous one's , My visitor application was in loop for 5-8 months. Other wise , i would have got Visitor Visa.
Why do you think you would have received a visitor visa? You don’t have a study permit or visitor visa, and your study permit expired two years ago. Are you applying for a study permit? If so, reapply and address reasons for refusal. If you get a study permit, then it will come with a visitor visa. If you have no plans to study and just visit, then apply for a TRV.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Why do you think you would have received a visitor visa? You don’t have a study permit or visitor visa, and your study permit expired two years ago. Are you applying for a study permit? If so, reapply and address reasons for refusal. If you get a study permit, then it will come with a visitor visa. If you have no plans to study and just visit, then apply for a TRV.

But, i have the legit justification for those 18 months out of which i have spent 12 months studying online from Canadian School.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But, i have the legit justification for those 18 months out of which i have spent 12 months studying online from Canadian School.
So get your study permit approved. You are applying for a new study permit…there is no restoration. You will need to include your medicals.

Your 18 months outside of Canada have no bearing on your new study permit. On your original permit, you changed DLIs without telling IRCC. Then your permit expired two years ago so you needed to apply for a new one. Instead of waiting for study permit approval, you started a program without a permit but you applied for a visitor visa instead of a study permit. You then continued studying without a permit and finally applied for a study permit. That got refused.

Not much more anyone can help you with. You need to justify the program and how it will lead to career advancement. Not sure if you are even elgibile for a PGWP because you started a program without even applying for a study permit. NO, the one that expired two years doesn’t factor in.

Last edited:

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
So get your study permit approved. You are applying for a new study permit…there is no restoration. You will need to include your medicals.

Your 18 months outside of Canada have no bearing on your new study permit. On your original permit, you changed DLIs without telling IRCC. Then your permit expired two years ago so you needed to apply for a new one. Instead of waiting for study permit approval, you started a program without a permit but you applied for a visitor visa instead of a study permit. You then continued studying without a permit and finally applied for a study permit. That got refused.

Not much more anyone can help you with. You need to justify the program and how it will lead to career advancement. Not sure if you are even elgibile for a PGWP because you started a program without even applying for a study permit. NO, the one that expired two years doesn’t factor in.
I have spent more than $40,000. They should at least let me cross the border just to complete my program. Other wise, All my money 4 years will be wasted. It will be like a disaster. I left my program in middle due to medical emergency. I think due to ton of applications they are just taking reckless decisions to clear backlog.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have spent more than $40,000. They should at least let me cross the border just to complete my program. Other wise, All my money 4 years will be wasted. It will be like a disaster. I left my program in middle due to medical emergency. I think due to ton of applications they are just taking reckless decisions to clear backlog.
I am sorry that you are in this predicament. Order GSMS notes. Reckless decisions by IRCC, no. You changed schools without informing IRCC. You dropped out of KPU. You started a program & then continued online without applying for or having a study permit. And you selected a private college that isn’t PGWP eligible. One option- Ask your school if you can complete program without internship through coursework.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
I am sorry that you are in this predicament. Order GSMS notes. Reckless decisions by IRCC, no. You changed schools without informing IRCC. You dropped out of KPU. You started a program & then continued online without applying for or having a study permit. And you selected a private college that isn’t PGWP eligible. One option- Ask your school if you can complete program without internship through coursework.
Okay i will talk to college. If i completed whole program online it would still be considered as a Canadian Education it doesn't matter i do it with/without Study permit. A part from this, My college is DLI registered and provides Work permit because it has official agreement with Cambrian college which is a public college, and i will receive my transcript from Cambrian College.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay i will talk to college. If i completed whole program online it would still be considered as a Canadian Education it doesn't matter i do it with/without Study permit. A part from this, My college is DLI registered and provides Work permit because it has official agreement with Cambrian college which is a public college, and i will receive my transcript from Cambrian College.
It wouldn’t be considered a Canadian education if done online without a study permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No it will not be considered Canadian education without a study permit. You would need to find out if you even get a study permit for your last semester whether you can count it as Canadian education. Here is the DLI link. It states no PGWP for the BC and Ontario sites of Hanson @ Cambrian. You receive a diploma that says Hanson from Cambrian.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Last edited:

naturlboy

Feb 28, 2022
OMG sorry to hear about your condition

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Please I need help, I'm studying a 1-year Marketing Management program in Canada, I'll be graduating on April 22, 2022, and my visa expires on April 30, 2022. I intend to take a second program Project Management for May 2022 intake but all related programs are full, no available slot only Sept 2022 intake left. I was able to get admission for the Sept 2022 intake in the Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management Program in the same college.

I have applied for a Study Permit Extension on Feb 19th.

My question is has anyone been in this situation whereby you wanted to apply for a second program (1+1) but the only available intake is in 4 months. Will the gap affect my study permit application?

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
My study permit extension just got approved for second program for sept 2022 intake. Applied Feb 19th Study permit and son's VV extension approved yesterday April 22nd.

Btw if i want to apply for trv sticker on my passport so i can travel what do i need to do? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My study permit extension just got approved for second program for sept 2022 intake. Applied Feb 19th Study permit and son's VV extension approved yesterday April 22nd.

Btw if i want to apply for trv sticker on my passport so i can travel what do i need to do? Thanks
You need to apply for the TRV separately.

Bbcc

Aug 10, 2022
Im having the same problem here, since my study permit extension get refused on July 28th because I did not submit the replacement for LOA properly. The thing is this is my first time doing study permit extension so that was my fault that I did upload but did not submit the document on time, so until the day I get the refusal letter that I knew I haven't submitted it. I'm gonna finish my final course on 16th August, and I did apply for the restoration, but I'm not sure can I graduate since my study permit expired. What can I do now, do I need to retake my final course again when I get back my status? Thank you

Priya26@

Aug 29, 2022
Hi,
Does anyone know if I can still re-apply for study permit? My study permit extension refused today. I don’t see any exact reason in the online message. My initial study permit expired on 31st December 2019 and I am at the end of winter semester.
I believe I didn’t submit proper documentation or I may have shown less financial documents. Just a assumption. I am not sure. What options I have now?
Here is my timeline:
Study Permit Expires: December 31,2019
Extension Application Submission online : December 31,2019
List of Documents Submitted:
1.Enrollment letter
2.Bank Statement ($10k)
3.New Passport
4.Digital Photo
I don’t have any academic problems

Please see details : See Attachment of refusal Letter Refusal Letter
I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks
hi. I am in a similar situation however I haven't applied yet because i haven't registered for my next course yet and don't have fees to show. I would like to know what happened in your situation and whether you reapplied or applied for restoration etc, your reply will be appreciated. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im having the same problem here, since my study permit extension get refused on July 28th because I did not submit the replacement for LOA properly. The thing is this is my first time doing study permit extension so that was my fault that I did upload but did not submit the document on time, so until the day I get the refusal letter that I knew I haven't submitted it. I'm gonna finish my final course on 16th August, and I did apply for the restoration, but I'm not sure can I graduate since my study permit expired. What can I do now, do I need to retake my final course again when I get back my status? Thank you
Timelines don’t make sense. On July 28, you had to stop studying (already past) and can’t continue with your program until restoration is approved.