+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Refused

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, Did you gwt your study permit approved. I am in a kind of same situation. I also switched DLI's and Programs. I completed 12th in Humanities came here with General Studies but, Changed to Tourism. Currently Out of Canada, Studying Online and Study permit extension was refused
Did you apply for extension in Canada? Study permit extensions can only be applied from within the country. If you changed programs without ever starting the program for General Studies (attending for a semester or a year), you need to apply for a new study permit.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Did you apply for extension in Canada? Study permit extensions can only be applied from within the country. If you changed programs without ever starting the program for General Studies (attending for a semester or a year), you need to apply for a new study permit.
Hello,

Thanks for the response,
I entered Canada in the 2018 fall, Went to KPU (Vancouver) in General Studies, Attended 2 semesters there, then took the Summer 2019 official drop. Gained admission at Hanson College@Cambriian in Tourism program in September 2019, because seats for summer were full. In Oct 2019 in the middle of the semester, I returned to India due to a medical emergency, was also admitted to a hospital in Vancouver for 1-2 weeks have all legal doctor notes. I got a kidney transplant in July 2020 and my study permit was also expired on July 31, 2020. I have all legal doctor documents and fitness certificates from the panel physician, Moreover, I am physically fit and fine now, I have approved it from IRCC's panel physician. I started my online study at Hanson college (Vancouver) in 2021 Jan from the first semester in India, I have now successfully completed 3 semesters with a 3.6 GPA out of 4. My 4th semester is a kind of internship semester that states that I have to be on campus and work for 40 hrs in field placement in order to receive a diploma certificate. I have all legit documents, funds, all other proof, and even have a supporting letter from college which states that I must have to be in Canada in order to complete my studies ( i requested this letter from college after, receiving refusal), I applied for a study permit in Sept 2021 and got refusal in Nov 2021. Refusal letter states 1) I will not leave Canada, 2) course irrelevant, I did apply with IELTS with 5.5 in Writing, But, my college provides me admission with that language ability. Should I re-apply with a strong SOP because I have a genuine reason for study permit Extention/renewal? I have completed 12th in Arts so, I can study Tourism or not ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Thanks for the response,
I entered Canada in the 2018 fall, Went to KPU (Vancouver) in General Studies, Attended 2 semesters there, then took the Summer 2019 official drop. Gained admission at Hanson College@Cambriian in Tourism program in September 2019, because seats for summer were full. In Oct 2019 in the middle of the semester, I returned to India due to a medical emergency, was also admitted to a hospital in Vancouver for 1-2 weeks have all legal doctor notes. I got a kidney transplant in July 2020 and my study permit was also expired on July 31, 2020. I have all legal doctor documents and fitness certificates from the panel physician, Moreover, I am physically fit and fine now, I have approved it from IRCC's panel physician. I started my online study at Hanson college (Vancouver) in 2021 Jan from the first semester in India, I have now successfully completed 3 semesters with a 3.6 GPA out of 4. My 4th semester is a kind of internship semester that states that I have to be on campus and work for 40 hrs in field placement in order to receive a diploma certificate. I have all legit documents, funds, all other proof, and even have a supporting letter from college which states that I must have to be in Canada in order to complete my studies ( i requested this letter from college after, receiving refusal), I applied for a study permit in Sept 2021 and got refusal in Nov 2021. Refusal letter states 1) I will not leave Canada, 2) course irrelevant, I did apply with IELTS with 5.5 in Writing, But, my college provides me admission with that language ability. Should I re-apply with a strong SOP because I have a genuine reason for study permit Extention/renewal? I have completed 12th in Arts so, I can study Tourism or not ??
Sorry for your health issues and glad you are better. You are not eligible for a renewal or extension. You must apply for a new study permit.

- In 2019, did you update your study permit to change DLIs?
- Did you apply for a new study permit in January 2021 when you started at Hansen. Or did you study for the first 3 semesters without a study permit? So why did you apply so late for the last semester?
- IELTS too low: Improve your skills. Doesn’t matter that college accepts it.
- Program: How will paying tens of thousands of dollars give you a good paying job in tourism? Does it build on your education. It doesn’t.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Sorry for your health issues and glad you are better. You are not eligible for a renewal or extension. You must apply for a new study permit.

- In 2019, did you update your study permit to change DLIs?
- Did you apply for a new study permit in January 2021 when you started at Hansen. Or did you study for the first 3 semesters without a study permit? So why did you apply so late for the last semester?
- IELTS too low: Improve your skills. Doesn’t matter that college accepts it.
- Program: How will paying tens of thousands of dollars give you a good paying job in tourism? Does it build on your education. It doesn’t.
Hello again and thanks,

In, 2019 i started attenting new college in sept and came back in oct in a rush so, i wasn't able to change DLI. The time, my study permit was expiring, i was admitted in the hospital for surgery and tests. You may not know but, kidney transplant required a lot of legal paper work in India, due to covid some Govt offices were also closed. i applied for extention on 2nd july through an agent on call, later i got to know that, it was a visitor visa for which he had applied, i was on 6 months recovering period and was asked by my my doctors to not leave ROOM for 7-8 months (Surgery in july and stayed isolated until Jan) , i entered Canada in 2018 so, my biometrics were still pending and we all know embassy does't even see file without biometrics and here in india covid was on it's peak and my immune system was alredy weak due to my medication. Moreover, VFS offices were't even open, and none of hospital's were conducting visa medicals. So, i did't got any reponse. BUT, This, time i applied for study permit and biometrics were done. I gained enrolment in college on based to my old visitor application submission letter. After atending 2 semester college send me e-mail that i have to submit restored study permit to attend 3rd semester, It was september 2021 and that time i did gave IELTS again 6.5 overall above 6 in all just, 5.5 in reading and applied for study permit with hope that i will receive approval letter. But, it was rejected, now my school is not enrolling me in 4th and final semester beacuse, this time they want a study permit. The major reason i changed program because, General studies program was terrible i was not able to attend courses which i wanted to, Every time i tried to register it always said this class is full. I decided to choose some major field, I was humanities student and i choose tourim, There are 100's of students who choose Tourim. It's a good field of study.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello again and thanks,

In, 2019 i started attenting new college in sept and came back in oct in a rush so, i wasn't able to change DLI. The time, my study permit was expiring, i was admitted in the hospital for surgery and tests. You may not know but, kidney transplant required a lot of legal paper work in India, due to covid some Govt offices were also closed. i applied for extention on 2nd july through an agent on call, later i got to know that, it was a visitor visa for which he had applied, i was on 6 months recovering period and was asked by my my doctors to not leave ROOM for 7-8 months (Surgery in july and stayed isolated until Jan) , i entered Canada in 2018 so, my biometrics were still pending and we all know embassy does't even see file without biometrics and here in india covid was on it's peak and my immune system was alredy weak due to my medication. Moreover, VFS offices were't even open, and none of hospital's were conducting visa medicals. So, i did't got any reponse. BUT, This, time i applied for study permit and biometrics were done. I gained enrolment in college on based to my old visitor application submission letter. After atending 2 semester college send me e-mail that i have to submit restored study permit to attend 3rd semester, It was september 2021 and that time i did gave IELTS again 6.5 overall above 6 in all just, 5.5 in reading and applied for study permit with hope that i will receive approval letter. But, it was rejected, now my school is not enrolling me in 4th and final semester beacuse, this time they want a study permit. The major reason i changed program because, General studies program was terrible i was not able to attend courses which i wanted to, Every time i tried to register it always said this class is full. I decided to choose some major field, I was humanities student and i choose tourim, There are 100's of students who choose Tourim. It's a good field of study.
Your dates make no sense. You say you entered in Canada in 2018 when Covid was at its peak (not true) but started studying in 2019.

You need a study permit. I don't think you have been studying at all at Hansen College with a study permit if you were supposed to go KPU on the original permit. You can only restore a study permit from within Canada.

To get approval, you need to retake IELTS and improve your scores. Saying that courses are full for general studies doesn't really justify the program change. You need to show why you need to take a tourism program in Canada? What benefit does it give you in India to have taken the program? You need to show all your job opportunities.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Your dates make no sense. You say you entered in Canada in 2018 when Covid was at its peak (not true) but started studying in 2019.

You need a study permit. I don't think you have been studying at all at Hansen College with a study permit if you were supposed to go KPU on the original permit. You can only restore a study permit from within Canada.

To get approval, you need to retake IELTS and improve your scores. Saying that courses are full for general studies doesn't really justify the program change. You need to show why you need to take a tourism program in Canada? What benefit does it give you in India to have taken the program? You need to show all your job opportunities.

Hello, Again

I am glad you helped so, the clear cut point is that I need a new study permit right

No problem
Let me clear the dates:

Entered Canada: Sept 2018 at KPU (Without Giving Biometrics)
Official Drop; May 2019 from KPU
Changed School; Sept 2019 (Hanson College) Tourism
Came back to India: Oct 2019. (Medical emergency)
Was on dialysis: from Oct 2019 to June 2020
Applied for Visitor Visa: 2 July 2020, (Biometrics weren't done, VFS offices were closed and covid was at its peak.)
Went through Surgery: 14 July 2020,
The study permit was expired: on 31 July 2020
Was on Recovery period: July 2020 to Jan 2021.
Started Online studies at Hanson: Jan 2021
Visa Medical done: July 2021
IELTS: August 2021.
Applied for Study Permit Extention/Restoration: September 2021
Biometrics was done: November 2021
Received Refusal: November 2021
Currently Feb 2022: On Temporary Withdraw from Hanson College because of the missing study permit. Have Completed 3 semesters.

::::::::::: PFA the matter listed below on Explanation Letter which I have prepared

I, Gurinder Singh (UCI: 1110996010) would like to state here that I held a study permit (application number: S302428376) till 2020/07/31 but due to my medical condition I had to return back to India on October 22nd, 2019, and went through Renal Transplant on July 14th, 2020. I, now wish to re-commence my academic journey at Hanson International Academy in Tourism (TOBC) Program. I initially got admitted at Hanson International Academy on August 15, 2019 but due to my medical condition and my return to India, I had to put a pause on my education and finally, I started my study in January 2021 online. Enrolment Letter, LOA, Fee receipts, School ID card is attached in the application.

Now I request you to please issue me a valid study permit as my previous one is expired so I can continue my study on Campus as my final semester must be in the college and it’s my Internship semester which is a part of the course. I have to be there for my further course completion and to receive completion Certificate. I am enclosing an official letter from Hanson College that states that I have to be there for my further course completion and receipt of Certificate.

And without it, all my paid fee and hard work that I put into it will be lost which is unbearable. As per the college letter (attached in this application) I must attend final semester classes in the college to receive my diploma certificate and I have paid CAD $32,460.00 towards my college. I have INR Rs.625,300.00/- or CAD $10,599.80/- in my savings account to support my stay in Canada. I will be sponsored by my parents for further education as they have sufficient funds to bear any living and study expenses.

I have completed all modules with decent scores with overall 3.6 GPA and I have submitted all my assignments on time. I have enclosed my transcripts that validate my excellent performance as a student. A gained internship will allow me to learn about the Tourism business world practically as I will be able to learn about Tourism business in a practical setting. Further, to update you that I am now perfectly fine, I do not have any health issues and only requires medications which are readily available in Canada on prescription. I will not become a liability to Government of Canada or its public funds as I have sufficient means to support myself as past records clearly shows that I immediately returned back to my home country in the past when health issues occurred.

The Indian Government with schemes like Swadesh Darshan, PRASHAD Scheme, and CBSP Scheme has increased the employment opportunities for Tourism graduates. This internship will help me to gain a better knowledge of Tourism Business and its applications. An international qualification and exposure will allow me to obtain a job in multinational firms like Thomas Cook (India), MakeMyTrip, Mahindra Holidays, Cox & Kings, Dook Holidays and APJ Tours . I will work as an Event Manager, Hotel or Resort Manager, Tour Operator, Travel

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, Again

I am glad you helped so, the clear cut point is that I need a new study permit right

No problem
Let me clear the dates:

Entered Canada: Sept 2018 at KPU (Without Giving Biometrics)
Official Drop; May 2019 from KPU
Changed School; Sept 2019 (Hanson College) Tourism
Came back to India: Oct 2019. (Medical emergency)
Was on dialysis: from Oct 2019 to June 2020
Applied for Visitor Visa: 2 July 2020, (Biometrics weren't done, VFS offices were closed and covid was at its peak.)
Went through Surgery: 14 July 2020,
The study permit was expired: on 31 July 2020
Was on Recovery period: July 2020 to Jan 2021.
Started Online studies at Hanson: Jan 2021
Visa Medical done: July 2021
IELTS: August 2021.
Applied for Study Permit Extention/Restoration: September 2021
Biometrics was done: November 2021
Received Refusal: November 2021
Currently Feb 2022: On Temporary Withdraw from Hanson College because of the missing study permit. Have Completed 3 semesters.

::::::::::: PFA the matter listed below on Explanation Letter which I have prepared

I, Gurinder Singh (UCI: 1110996010) would like to state here that I held a study permit (application number: S302428376) till 2020/07/31 but due to my medical condition I had to return back to India on October 22nd, 2019, and went through Renal Transplant on July 14th, 2020. I, now wish to re-commence my academic journey at Hanson International Academy in Tourism (TOBC) Program. I initially got admitted at Hanson International Academy on August 15, 2019 but due to my medical condition and my return to India, I had to put a pause on my education and finally, I started my study in January 2021 online. Enrolment Letter, LOA, Fee receipts, School ID card is attached in the application.

Now I request you to please issue me a valid study permit as my previous one is expired so I can continue my study on Campus as my final semester must be in the college and it’s my Internship semester which is a part of the course. I have to be there for my further course completion and to receive completion Certificate. I am enclosing an official letter from Hanson College that states that I have to be there for my further course completion and receipt of Certificate.

And without it, all my paid fee and hard work that I put into it will be lost which is unbearable. As per the college letter (attached in this application) I must attend final semester classes in the college to receive my diploma certificate and I have paid CAD $32,460.00 towards my college. I have INR Rs.625,300.00/- or CAD $10,599.80/- in my savings account to support my stay in Canada. I will be sponsored by my parents for further education as they have sufficient funds to bear any living and study expenses.

I have completed all modules with decent scores with overall 3.6 GPA and I have submitted all my assignments on time. I have enclosed my transcripts that validate my excellent performance as a student. A gained internship will allow me to learn about the Tourism business world practically as I will be able to learn about Tourism business in a practical setting. Further, to update you that I am now perfectly fine, I do not have any health issues and only requires medications which are readily available in Canada on prescription. I will not become a liability to Government of Canada or its public funds as I have sufficient means to support myself as past records clearly shows that I immediately returned back to my home country in the past when health issues occurred.

The Indian Government with schemes like Swadesh Darshan, PRASHAD Scheme, and CBSP Scheme has increased the employment opportunities for Tourism graduates. This internship will help me to gain a better knowledge of Tourism Business and its applications. An international qualification and exposure will allow me to obtain a job in multinational firms like Thomas Cook (India), MakeMyTrip, Mahindra Holidays, Cox & Kings, Dook Holidays and APJ Tours . I will work as an Event Manager, Hotel or Resort Manager, Tour Operator, Travel
Thank you for putting by date.

• In 2019, did you change your DLI with IRCC and applied for a change in schools? If not, you were studying with a permit.
  • When you started online studies at Hansen in January 2021, you started studies without applying for or having a valid study permit since it expired July 2020. Your studies while having no study permit, does not count for PGWP or Canadian education.
  • In September, you needed to apply for a study permit.
  • Today - need to apply for study permit with updated IELTS. Your letter mentions parents' support for further education - what does that mean? Your job can't say "will" as you don't have a job. Show how much you will make to justify all the costs you have spent.
  • You will need a medical too.
What were the reasons for refusal?
Order GCM notes for reasons for refusal.

Last edited:

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
  1. no, I didn't inform IRCC while I was switching DLIs' in 2019. I didn't knew that i will suddenly return back to India in an Emergency.
  2. I started online studies in Jan 2021 on basis of a visitor visa Submission letter. I attended the 1st and 2nd semester while was waiting for Biometrics/VFS offices to open which were still closed in India until Jan 2021-July2021. I got admission in the 3rd semester while waiting for result for study permit extension/restoration which was applied in Sept 2021 and got a refusal in the middle of the semester in Nov 2021 and informed my college about the refusal. So they let me finish my 3rd semester. But, aren't allowing me to register in the 4th semester.
  3. I am an undergraduate this, time I am still a student and don't have a job, and can only get a job if I complete my program and gain internship experience. I have no deficiency of funds, I have paid all fees on time and have funds to support my stay and my parents are sponsering me which creates family bonds.
  4. IELTS: I have a person in my known who has successfully restored his study permit outside Canada(He was in India) without IELTS. He was in the same situation, as for me. Os, i don't think it;s that big issue.
  5. I have undergone through a Medical Exam in 2021 July. IRCC emailed me after 3 weeks of medical to see my panel physician again and get an ideal assumption for my health over the next 5 years time period. Successfully that was also done. The IRCC panel physician lives in my hometown and knows me very well as i used to get treatment from him. .
  6. "--Tour Operator, Travel Agency Manager and many more. On these job designations, I can expect the salary package of INR 4-8 lakhs/year initially which will increase with time. I hope you understand and will provide me the opportunity to recommence my studies in Canada." I forgot to paste this line in the above chat, it was on second page.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  1. no, I didn't inform IRCC while I was switching DLIs' in 2019. I didn't knew that i will suddenly return back to India in an Emergency.
  2. I started online studies in Jan 2021 on basis of a visitor visa Submission letter. I attended the 1st and 2nd semester while was waiting for Biometrics/VFS offices to open which were still closed in India until Jan 2021-July2021. I got admission in the 3rd semester while waiting for result for study permit extension/restoration which was applied in Sept 2021 and got a refusal in the middle of the semester in Nov 2021 and informed my college about the refusal. So they let me finish my 3rd semester. But, aren't allowing me to register in the 4th semester.
  3. I am an undergraduate this, time I am still a student and don't have a job, and can only get a job if I complete my program and gain internship experience. I have no deficiency of funds, I have paid all fees on time and have funds to support my stay and my parents are sponsering me which creates family bonds.
  4. IELTS: I have a person in my known who has successfully restored his study permit outside Canada(He was in India) without IELTS. He was in the same situation, as for me. Os, i don't think it;s that big issue.
  5. I have undergone through a Medical Exam in 2021 July. IRCC emailed me after 3 weeks of medical to see my panel physician again and get an ideal assumption for my health over the next 5 years time period. Successfully that was also done. The IRCC panel physician lives in my hometown and knows me very well as i used to get treatment from him. .
  6. "--Tour Operator, Travel Agency Manager and many more. On these job designations, I can expect the salary package of INR 4-8 lakhs/year initially which will increase with time. I hope you understand and will provide me the opportunity to recommence my studies in Canada." I forgot to paste this line in the above chat, it was on second page.
Order GCMS notes. What were your reasons for refusal?

1. If you didn’t inform IRCC that you changed DLIs, then you didn’t have a study permit for your new program.
2. You can’t study on a visitor visa in Canada. You can study outside Canada without a study permit (no PGWP, or Canadian education) but you needed to apply for a study permit before you started studies if you wanted to come to Canada and study in person.
3. Ok
4. So your friend had no study permit and studied for months without one, and then applied for a study permit after completing several semesters. Was IELTs mentioned in your refusal…if so you need to improve your score.
5. Ok
6. Is the internship, a paid/guaranteed job by the school. If so did you apply for a work permit too.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Thank you very much. I really really appreciate your time.

2. If i get study permit after,re-applying this time and complete my final semester (program) with a Valid Study Permit, Will then i be eligible for (PGWP) ?
4. I met this guy on instagram, He said he first moved to Canada in 2019 for studies. Then, Came back in 2020. His study permit got expired in March 2021. He applied from India without IELTS and got his permit. Maybe because, He didn't changed DLI or Program.
6. Yes, My school is providing me letter for Co-op- studies. I have official letter from college. Will this make my application strong. Because last time, i didn't have had this letter, it was send to me by college in middle of 3rd semester and i didn't attached it in application which was refused in Nov 2021. Even though, I have also made some changes in Explanation Letter this time. Last the letter i used in Nov 2021 application was :

PFA::::::

I, Gurinder Singh (UCI: 1110996010) would like to state here that I held a study permit (application number: S302428376) till 2020/07/31 but due to my medical condition I had to return back to India on October 22nd, 2019 and went through Renal Transplant on July 14th, 2020. I, now wish to re-commence my academic journey at Hanson International Academy. I initially got admitted at Hanson International Academy on August 15, 2019 but due to my medical condition and my return to India, I had to put a pause on my education and finally, I started my study in January 2021 online.Enrolment Letter, LOA, Fee receipts, School ID card is attached in the application.
Now I request you to please issue me a valid study permit as my previous one is expired so I can continue my study on Campus as my final semester must be in the college and without it, all my paid fee and hard work that I put into it will be lost which is unbearable. As per the college letter (attached in this application) I must attend final semester classes in the college to receive my diploma certificate and I have paid CAD ---- towards my college. I have INR --/- or CAD --/- in my savings account to support my stay in Canada. Further, to update you that I am now perfectly fine, do not have any health issues and only requires medications which is readily available in Canada on prescription. I will not become a liability to Government of Canada or its public funds as I have sufficient means to support myself as past records clearly shows that I immediately returned back to my home country in the past when health issues occurred.
I hope you understand and will provide me the opportunity to re-commence my studies in Canada.

This i explanation letter i attached last time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much. I really really appreciate your time.

2. If i get study permit after,re-applying this time and complete my final semester (program) with a Valid Study Permit, Will then i be eligible for (PGWP) ?
4. I met this guy on instagram, He said he first moved to Canada in 2019 for studies. Then, Came back in 2020. His study permit got expired in March 2021. He applied from India without IELTS and got his permit. Maybe because, He didn't changed DLI or Program.
6. Yes, My school is providing me letter for Co-op- studies. I have official letter from college. Will this make my application strong. Because last time, i didn't have had this letter, it was send to me by college in middle of 3rd semester and i didn't attached it in application which was refused in Nov 2021. Even though, I have also made some changes in Explanation Letter this time. Last the letter i used in Nov 2021 application was :

PFA::::::

I, Gurinder Singh (UCI: 1110996010) would like to state here that I held a study permit (application number: S302428376) till 2020/07/31 but due to my medical condition I had to return back to India on October 22nd, 2019 and went through Renal Transplant on July 14th, 2020. I, now wish to re-commence my academic journey at Hanson International Academy. I initially got admitted at Hanson International Academy on August 15, 2019 but due to my medical condition and my return to India, I had to put a pause on my education and finally, I started my study in January 2021 online.Enrolment Letter, LOA, Fee receipts, School ID card is attached in the application.
Now I request you to please issue me a valid study permit as my previous one is expired so I can continue my study on Campus as my final semester must be in the college and without it, all my paid fee and hard work that I put into it will be lost which is unbearable. As per the college letter (attached in this application) I must attend final semester classes in the college to receive my diploma certificate and I have paid CAD ---- towards my college. I have INR --/- or CAD --/- in my savings account to support my stay in Canada. Further, to update you that I am now perfectly fine, do not have any health issues and only requires medications which is readily available in Canada on prescription. I will not become a liability to Government of Canada or its public funds as I have sufficient means to support myself as past records clearly shows that I immediately returned back to my home country in the past when health issues occurred.
I hope you understand and will provide me the opportunity to re-commence my studies in Canada.

This i explanation letter i attached last time.
Again you don’t say why you were refused. You really need to order GCMS notes because your case is complicated.

1. You wouldn’t be eligible because you have completed your program outside Canada (except internship) and you started studies without applying for a study permit. How long have you been off and when is last semester starting?
2. Can’t compare as you didn’t have a study permit when you began your studies at the second school, not KPU. You withdrew from KPU and the school is mandated to contact IRCC to cancel permit.
3. You need to apply for a co-op work permit. It doesn’t make your application stronger without good IELTS scores and the fact, you started studies without applying for a study permit.

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Again you don’t say why you were refused. You really need to order GCMS notes because your case is complicated.

1. You wouldn’t be eligible because you have completed your program outside Canada (except internship) and you started studies without applying for a study permit. How long have you been off and when is last semester starting?
2. Can’t compare as you didn’t have a study permit when you began your studies at the second school, not KPU. You withdrew from KPU and the school is mandated to contact IRCC to cancel permit.
3. You need to apply for a co-op work permit. It doesn’t make your application stronger without good IELTS scores and the fact, you started studies without applying for a study permit.
Hello, Again.

So, you are saying that, I will not receive study permit extension/restoration. Even if i re-apply . ?? Which means i can not complete my program and have wasted my time and money??

Please Reply ASAP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, Again.

So, you are saying that, I will not receive study permit extension/restoration. Even if i re-apply . ?? Which means i can not complete my program and have wasted my time and money??

Please Reply ASAP.
Can’t say that you will complete your program. You aren’t applying for an extension or restoration since your original study permit is based on attending KPU. You say in your SOP that your study permit expired (KPU) but you never even notified IRCC that you changed DLIs. Plus, your study permit expired in 2020 so saying your permit expired is irrelevant.

You are applying for a new study permit. You haven’t said why your application was refused except for low IELTS so can’t further comment. Order GCMS notes. You probably are not eligible for a PGWP since you began your studies without applying for a study permit and are still outside Canada. Plus you need a study permit. For some reason, you applied for a visitor visa.

If I get your timeline correct, you began studies in January 2021 and didn’t apply for a study permit until September 2021. It was then refused. Why would you start a program without even applying for a study permit? You have to reapply for a study and co-op work permit. There is no expedited processing so your application starts from scratch. When did you finish the last semester and when would your the next semester begin?

Last edited:

Gurinder1998

Nov 26, 2021
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Can’t say you will complete your program. You aren’t applying for an extension or restoration since your original study permit is based on attending KPU. You say in your SOP that your study permit expired (KPU) but you never even notified IRCC that you changed DLIs. Plus, your study permit expired in 2020 so saying your permit expired is not relevant.

You are applying for a new study permit. You haven’t said why your application was refused except for low IELTS so can’t further comment. Order GCMS notes. You probably are not eligible for a PGWP since you began your studies without applying for a study permit and are still outside Canada. Plus you need a study permit. For some reason, you applied for a visitor visa.

If I get your timeline correct, you began studies in January 2021 and didn’t apply for a study permit until September 2021. It was then refused. You have to reapply for a study and co-op work permit. There is no expedited processing so your application starts from scratch. When did you finish the last semester and when would your the next semester begin?
Hello again,
Thanks for Reply.

Will my medical reason, Will it help in this scenario ? Does IRCC see them?
I have them, from Oct 2019 to July 2020. All of them.

I didn't knew that, My agent applied for Visitor visa in july 2020. I wasn't familiar with that, i thought it's was Study permit extension at that time. Later, then in 2021 Feb, i found out that it's a visitor visa. Although Canadian High commission in India also informed that, previous candidates from 2020 will have to withdraw their application and apply for new one in 2021. I informed my college and they said i have to apply for study permit. Then, i applied for study permit in sept 2021. Apart from this, from april 2021 to July 2021, there was deadly covid-delta wave in India. In mean time, VFS offices and other services were also closed.

I completed my last semester in Dec 2021. Now it's Feb 2022 and i am at temporary withdrawal from college.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello again,
Thanks for Reply.

Will my medical reason, Will it help in this scenario ? Does IRCC see them?
I have them, from Oct 2019 to July 2020. All of them.

I didn't knew that, My agent applied for Visitor visa in july 2020. I wasn't familiar with that, i thought it's was Study permit extension at that time. Later, then in 2021 Feb, i found out that it's a visitor visa. Although Canadian High commission in India also informed that, previous candidates from 2020 will have to withdraw their application and apply for new one in 2021. I informed my college and they said i have to apply for study permit. Then, i applied for study permit in sept 2021. Apart from this, from april 2021 to July 2021, there was deadly covid-delta wave in India. In mean time, VFS offices and other services were also closed.

I completed my last semester in Dec 2021. Now it's Feb 2022 and i am at temporary withdrawal from college.

Hope you fired your agent. Apply for GCMS notes to get reasons for refusal since you will not divulge. Then reapply addressing all reasons for refusal. That is all you can do.

Not sure what closing of VFS offices due to Covid have to do with your case. You still could have applied for a study permit. Also your medical reason for a transplant may not work in your favour. If approved when would you start your last semester.