+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I want them to update the processing time tool so we have an idea of what is going on!
It doesn't matter at this point If they keep processing applications from December and January over ours. We have already established that every application for November is past 120 days. The least they can/should do is to update us on the application status, when they expect to process them and request for any additional documents from those of us who's circumstances have changed since applying.

ssandhuuuu

Mar 31, 2020
some one above said he got approval on sp extension and he applied on 18th November. I dont know why they are not processing applications from 18th to 30th November.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If they do not process our study permits in time and we graduate then are we still getting the study permit? Who is responsible here? everyone needs a valid SP to apply for PGWP. what happens when we graduate in 2 weeks and are out of student status and can no longer work, and by not having a valid study permit we wont be able to work in applied work permit status. Trudeau today addressed that they are not relaxing anything for a few more months!!!!
These are the grey areas.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Is it also possible that the visa office handling the rest of November application is not functioning?

I arrived at that assumption because BOWP and PGWP applications are being processed and by my understanding those used to be processed at the Edmonton center along with study permit extensions. Might explain the fact that biometrics collection started for December applicants who have since gone on to get approval for their SP ext.

i just want everything to be over!!

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
This is extremely unsettling. I would have been fine if they processed applications in order but they can't simply ignore those of us who applied in November for whatever reason and move on to December.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
IRCC updated twitter today - "We will not respond to any questions sent from April 10-13. Please hold your questions until Tuesday. Thanks for understanding!"
So, now no more response on the web queries too. It seems they are overwhelmed with queries.

Reactions: demme343

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
IRCC updated twitter today - "We will not respond to any questions sent from April 10-13. Please hold your questions until Tuesday. Thanks for understanding!"
So, now no more response on the web queries too. It seems they are overwhelmed with queries.
Nope, long holiday.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
My friend applied on 14th December and he got approval. I applied on 22nd November and still processing
When did your friend receive the approval? Did she/he submit biometric within Canada for the SP extension application?

rashi fal

Apr 6, 2020
So i was about to sign in and the message on IRCC log in says that they have new processing criteria. They will put a pause on most applications and will be processing those with travel exemptions. will this affect us?