+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I don't know why it's taking that long I applied on Nov 28 but I see some people here saying that they applied on Dec and Jan and got approved isn't supposed the application be processed in order! I asked through the web form and they said they are processing the application!!

mingzzz

Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys, I just want to share my timeline and hope this can help.

Dec 15 Application submitted
Dec 31 Biometrics Enrolment completed
Apr 3 Correspondence letter
Apr 6 Application approved

I have been checking this forum every day since I found it. Thanks everyone for sharing experience and knowledge here. I found it very helpful. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Anna828 and ree14

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
So I sent a web form asking about the status of my application and they gave a very generic reply. Kind of shocking that Dec/Jan applications are being processed earlier than Nov.

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys, I just want to share my timeline and hope this can help.

Dec 15 Application submitted
Dec 31 Biometrics Enrolment completed
Apr 3 Correspondence letter
Apr 6 Application approved

I have been checking this forum every day since I found it. Thanks everyone for sharing experience and knowledge here. I found it very helpful. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

Although I am surprised you needed Biometrics enrollment if you applied in November within canada.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
So I sent a web form asking about the status of my application and they gave a very generic reply. Kind of shocking that Dec/Jan applications are being processed earlier than Nov.

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to complete your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
I just did the same now. I have since completed my program and I am unsure how long the extension will be for since it has been longer than expected.

mingzzz

Apr 6, 2020
Congratulations!

Although I am surprised you needed Biometrics enrollment if you applied in November within canada.
Thanks! I thought the Biometrics enrollment within Canada was started on December 3. But maybe they started early:)