+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Changes 2014 Got Approved..

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
itstime said:
From the way it was worded in the proposals

Study Permit = off campus work permit

You will need a SIN-number/card before you can apply for work.
Yeah True, The Point to be noted is you Have to Apply for SIN ( Social Insurance Number ) Before starting Job.

If You have SIN in Canada no One Asks if you are Allowed to work Or Not.

When you Apply for SIN... CIC Must have to Confirm whether You are Eligible to work, So they will confirm it from University and Will Assign you the SIN.

So Those Guys who Have landed before like me or who Got study permit before can Apply for SIN and they will Get Authorized for Work Upon Approval.

sujeeth

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12th -2013
AOR Received.
june 13 th-2013
Med's Request
may 12th -2013
Med's Done....
may 13th-2013
Interview........
NO
VISA ISSUED...
june 25th
LANDED..........
aug 22
So its been 5 months im here and i have SIN number as i worked for my college and i dont have work permit

how does this work for me?

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright guys, it is official now.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp?utm_source=bitly-eng&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=generic

sujeeth

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12th -2013
AOR Received.
june 13 th-2013
Med's Request
may 12th -2013
Med's Done....
may 13th-2013
Interview........
NO
VISA ISSUED...
june 25th
LANDED..........
aug 22
Oh yea that link answer's many questions !! Its official now

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujeeth said:
So its been 5 months im here and i have SIN number as i worked for my college and i dont have work permit

Same as current rules.

ishanfication

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
usman_14pk said:
As posted by 'itstime':

"The new rules take effect June 1st.

Those who start studying in may have to wait until June 1st.
Those who start in September 2014 don't have to wait.
Those who started jan 2014, have to wait until June 1st.
Those who started studying Sept 2013 have to wait until march 2014."

Also, now you don't need to apply for work permit. They will not process off-campus work permit applications anymore. You can simple start working off-campus from June. It will be more clear in coming time when this information will be updated on CIC website.
thank you so much :)

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujeeth said:

It depends on whether your educational institution will be a designated one or not which you won't be able to know until CIC publish a list for designated schools in the coming months.

If your educational institution is a designated one:

No problem then, you will be able to work off-campus without a work permit starting June 1.

If your educational institution is a non-designated one:

1- Since the new regulations indicate that "Study permits will only be issued to successful applicants who are pursuing studies at an educational institution that has been designated to receive international students" In this case, Study permit holders who are studying at a non-designated institution when the new regulations come into effect will be permitted to complete their program of study, up to a maximum of three years after the regulations take effect.

2- The new regulations indicate that a student won't be able to wok off-campus unless the educational institution at which he is enrolled is a designated one, so in case your institution is a non-designated one, you won't be able to work off-campus with only your study permit, which means, you will need an off-campus work permit.

According to CIC: International students who are studying at a non-designated institution and hold either an Off-Campus Work Permit or a Co-Op Work Permit will be permitted to continue to use, and renew if necessary, those work permits until they complete their program of study, up to a maximum of three years after the regulations take effect.

So, I would advice you to keep an eye on the list of designated institution yet to come, if your institution comes as a non-designated one, you would have to apply before June 1 for off-campus work permit which will allow you to work even when the new regulations take effect.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
So if I understand correctly, this means that I can walk into a Service Canada office on June 2nd (since June 1st is a Sunday) and obtain a SIN? I started my studies this January and haven't worked on campus yet, so I don't have a SIN. Yes, I know that my school has to be on the upcoming list of designated institutions, but I highly doubt it won't. I go to Memorial University of Newfoundland.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elokuu said:
So if I understand correctly, this means that I can walk into a Service Canada office on June 2nd (since June 1st is a Sunday) and obtain a SIN? I started my studies this January and haven't worked on campus yet, so I don't have a SIN. Yes, I know that my school has to be on the upcoming list of designated institutions, but I highly doubt it won't. I go to Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Yup.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neez said:
It depends on whether your educational institution will be a designated one or not which you won't be able to know until CIC publish a list for designated schools in the coming months.

WRONG!

Check the following link and read the whole page. Even the bullet points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp?utm_source=bitly-eng&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=generic

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itstime said:
WRONG!

Check the following link and read the whole page. Even the bullet points.
What is WRONG exactly ? Explain !

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
usman_14pk said:
CIC site has updated the info. about WORK OFF CAMPUS.
They have removed the text about "wait for six months".

Now it is only:

"To work off campus, you must apply for a work permit. Do not begin to work off campus until you have received your work permit. The work permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break)."

Hi,

It also works for older one study permit holders.

Please help me to clarify about it.

Thanks.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aquarius1 said:
Hi,

It also works for older one study permit holders.

Please help me to clarify about it.

Thanks.
Are you asking a question? If so, what is your question?

You are very unclear.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
itstime said:
Are you asking a question? If so, what is your question?

You are very unclear.

sorry, I am asking this new policy also works for older one study permit holders or not?

please help me to clarify about it.

thank you