+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

KennyJ

Oct 14, 2021
Thank God.

I received my PPR and BVL today.
Study Permit/Ph.D. degree program, University of Saskatchewan (Winter, 2022). Applied through Non-SDS (Online application)

Timeline:
Application submitted: October 7, 2021
Biometric Collection Letter: October 8, 2021
Biometric Updated: October 13, 2021
Upfront Medical: November 2, 2021
Medical Uploaded via IRCC Lagos Webform: November 3, 2021
Ghost Update: November 19, 2021
BVL and PPR: November 22, 2021.

To everyone waiting for IRCC to update them, I wish you all the best outcomes.

Reactions: Omofar

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Thank God.

I received my PPR and BVL today.
Study Permit/Ph.D. degree program, University of Saskatchewan (Winter, 2022). Applied through Non-SDS (Online application)

Timeline:
Application submitted: October 7, 2021
Biometric Collection Letter: October 8, 2021
Biometric Updated: October 13, 2021
Upfront Medical: November 2, 2021
Medical Uploaded via IRCC Lagos Webform: November 3, 2021
Ghost Update: November 19, 2021
BVL and PPR: November 22, 2021.

To everyone waiting for IRCC to update them, I wish you all the best outcomes.
Did you submit your application through the new portal or through GCKey account? Was it processed in Lagos and not in the problematic Nairobi office?

KennyJ

Oct 14, 2021
I used the GCKEY....I don't know who processed it since I applied online. The only thing I recalled was that I submitted the upfront medicals I took after I submitted my application via the Lagos IRCC Webform.

On one of the letters, i saw Kenya's office address. I think all Nigerian applications are processed there[/QUOTE]

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Congrats! and thanks for the clarification.

Yes, all Nigerian study permit applications are processed there, and you would have seen their Nairobi address in the signature block of the PPR letter.

I don't know why IRCC is deceiving people by saying the new portal is faster. There are applications pending there for over 2 months now. And some in the old GCKEY portal are pending for over 6 months. They are migrating away from the old GCMS-based system, but even the stop-gap portal they have provided now has a lot of technical issues not yet addressed. I guess everything about IRCC these days are disorganized and highly unpredictable.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!

I hope we are all doing well. As we draw close to the end of the year I have a small announcement to make.

After 3,845 comments on 257 pages of information, this thread has become a very useful resource and encouragement to many. I am proud and happy of what it has become so far. I am happy it has now taken a life of its own to the glory of God and I am no longer required to stir it.

In view of this, this will be my last comment here, I will now be bowing out and moving on to other things. I will also be leaving this industry to focus on my career. I leave you in the capable hands of the likes of @Simba112 and others who are equally vast in all things Canadian study permit application.

I wish everyone seeking opportunities out of the abysmal situation of Nigeria success in their respective journey. I doubt there is anything left I have to offer on this platform.

Wishing you all the very best in all you do, a prosperous and blessed 2022.

Keep pushing, your victory is around the corner.

Signing out

Omofar.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!

I hope we are all doing well. As we draw close to the end of the year I have a small announcement to make.

After 3,845 comments on 257 pages of information, this thread has become a very useful resource and encouragement to many. I am proud and happy of what it has become so far. I am happy it has now taken a life of its own to the glory of God and I am no longer required to stir it.

In view of this, this will be my last comment here, I will now be bowing out and moving on to other things. I will also be leaving this industry to focus on my career. I leave you in the capable hands of the likes of @Simba112 and others who are equally vast in all things Canadian study permit application.

I wish everyone seeking opportunities out of the abysmal situation of Nigeria success in their respective journey. I doubt there is anything left I have to offer on this platform.

Wishing you all the very best in all you do, a prosperous and blessed 2022.

Keep pushing, your victory is around the corner.

Signing out

Omofar.
Hey @Omofar
We might have disagree and agree in the past but nothing personal. Wish all the best in whatever next step. Hope to see you back in a forum again.
Cheers!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Simba112 Good day
During 3yrs PGWP can i apply for my spouse and child to join me in Canada if i don't want dem to join me during Ur 2 study yrs

Thanks
Yes. You can apply same time as you apply for your pgwp. but the only condition for your spouse to get SOWP is you as main applicant to secure skilled job, other than that visitor visa is your option.

Petre

Nov 29, 2021
Hello. Good morning, can anyone help me out. I just made a huge mistake. I submitted my documents without adding my sop , transcript result and achievement document. Is there a way to add that ?

Salami83

Nov 16, 2021
@Simba112
Good day
I apply for study permit in Dubai when I receive email to submit my passport for approval I was in Nigeria on vacation can I send the passport to visa office in Nigeria or what will I do.

Thanks

KennyJ

Oct 14, 2021
Hello. Good morning, can anyone help me out. I just made a huge mistake. I submitted my documents without adding my sop , transcript result and achievement document. Is there a way to add that ?
Hi Petre

I doubt if such a mistake can be corrected (my opinion anyway). If webform can be raised, it would be okay but there are some conditions attached to the use of webform. Kindly follow this link to see if your issue could be addressed via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos

Thanks!

KennyJ

Oct 14, 2021
@Simba112
Good day
I apply for study permit in Dubai when I receive email to submit my passport for approval I was in Nigeria on vacation can I send the passport to visa office in Nigeria or what will I do.

Thanks
Hi Salami,

I think passport can be sent via DHL to the place of application. There is nothing wrong if you can waybill it to Dubai office. In most cases too, your Nigerian address can be stated when they are to return it back to you. The only tough issue is that, you cannot go to Dubai until your passport is returned to you in Nigeria. Else, you call off your vacation and go to Dubai to address the necessary.

It is better you avoid situations that could result to likely mix-ups.

Opinion of others on this forum would also provide insight to your request.

Cheers!

Holarjoseph

Sep 3, 2021
Government of Canada is expanding the list of countries with entry prohibitions originally announced on November 26, 2021, to include Egypt, Nigeria and Malawi. Effective tomorrow, foreign nationals who have been in any of these countries within the previous 14 days will not be permitted entry into Canada:

• Botswana
  • Egypt;
  • Eswatini;
  • Lesotho;
  • Malawi;
  • Mozambique;
  • Namibia;
  • Nigeria;
  • South Africa; and
  • Zimbabwe.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents and people with status under the Indian Act, regardless of their vaccination status or having had a previous history of testing positive for COVID-19, who have been in any of these 10 countries in the previous 14 days, will be subject to enhanced pre-entry and arrival testing, screening, and quarantine measures.

Moving forward, border testing

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/11/government-of-canada-introduces-additional-measures-to-address-covid-19-omicron-variant-of-concern.html?fbclid=IwAR1uNNpkj0b_CVKJ1R5fgSxi8iSWZXoedspQRm2j7GJphJSM3UZvXFYwoEc&h=AT193jd_Ay6pcrArHPSikVYe36UAQhvbT6rwmlNy6zUNZEWLRjVAik4X4znYiW0-tv73R0tgBRj_UFklqDLCfZ-RpvUz4i7mzyuDHI_t2llSj6UD7L2SxpBZGcOoqnbhQ5SLaCJ4wg

Does it mean study permit for NIGERIANS won't be approved again please someone should enlighten me