+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Good morning everyone, I got a passport request and I have couriered my passport to the nearest vac centre Lagos. My question, will my visa be issued in Nigeria or Kenya? The Pasport request came from Nairobi Kenya office
Where it will be issued isnt a problem k. Had it been it was sent to Abuja, you would be getting it in matter of 5-7working days. But sending it to Lagos, it will take longer. Even up to 21 working days. Reason is Lagos is slower in processing and stamping than Abuja. Abuja is way faster. Got min in 5days from the day I handed it over to DHL to the day DHL brought it to my door step.

Reactions: omohammed.lanre
Oct 31, 2021
Where it will be issued isnt a problem k. Had it been it was sent to Abuja, you would be getting it in matter of 5-7working days. But sending it to Lagos, it will take longer. Even up to 21 working days. Reason is Lagos is slower in processing and stamping than Abuja. Abuja is way faster. Got min in 5days from the day I handed it over to DHL to the day DHL brought it to my door step.
Thank you for your quick response. My passport was transferred to Abuja office from Lagos. I got a message from vac centre Lagos on Friday. Hopefully it will get stamped in Abuja and I may get it this week.

Oct 31, 2021
Hello @Simba112,

Thanks for your input as usual, however, @FavourBibi does not have to prove any academic test to the VO. It is not required. This is a mistake people make. You do not need to share or discuss your academic profile with the VO once you already have admission from a DLI. What the VO needs to see is the standardized LOA, and the applicant's clear description of how relevant the intended program of choice is to their future career, ability to fund the program and intention to return to their home country upon completion of the program. No need to submit academic credentials for any study permit application.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello folks,
The truth is academic qualification test is required to the VO. I was interviewed during my study visa application and it was purely based on my past academics. VO was trying to link my intended studies in Canada vs what I had done in my bachelors degree and current work experience. After the interview the VO said I need to provide my transcript, and if I provide it within 10 working days that my visa is granted. My advice is ensure your transcript is uploaded I. Your application.

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello folks,
The truth is academic qualification test is required to the VO. I was interviewed during my study visa application and it was purely based on my past academics. VO was trying to link my intended studies in Canada vs what I had done in my bachelors degree and current work experience. After the interview the VO said I need to provide my transcript, and if I provide it within 10 working days that my visa is granted. My advice is ensure your transcript is uploaded I. Your application.
Thank you, and God Bless you!! Missing academic records, marksheet or transcript can invoke 216. Its not my word, its a guidelines used to check applicant intended plan, your past academic history and relevance of your chosen program and intension to return back after studies!

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good day @Omofar and everyone in the house. I ma very glad many here are getting their PPR and I wish others still expecting theirs good luck.

I would like to ask if one can travel into Canada months before resumption of studies?

I have my Visa but my class is scheduled to start in May 2022. Can I enter Canada around earlier than April?

Reactions: Omofar

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good day @Omofar and everyone in the house. I ma very glad many here are getting their PPR and I wish others still expecting theirs good luck.

I would like to ask if one can travel into Canada months before resumption of studies?

I have my Visa but my class is scheduled to start in May 2022. Can I enter Canada around earlier than April?
There will be issues with CBSA and i have seen many cases travellers refused boarding pass. The earliest you can travel is close to your school start date. Presumption is, you are not authorized to work before starting your Full time studies. They will ask why you are arriving to early before your semester start day?

Oct 31, 2021
There will be issues with CBSA and i have seen many cases travellers refused boarding pass. The earliest you can travel is close to your school start date. Presumption is, you are not authorized to work before starting your Full time studies. They will ask why you are arriving to early before your semester start day?

Oct 31, 2021
I would advice you don’t travel to Canada yet. The earliest you should plan to come in is a month before school starts. Just a recommendation.

Reactions: Obinnakaka

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Alright. Thanks @Simba112 for the info. Though I would have replied them by saying I just want to acclimatize and all. But it's all good. I will just wait it out.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,
Hi,

You cannot use an exception as a generalization. Now we can do a simple experiment here. Of all those besides yourself who have received their PPR on this thread, how many of them were interviewed by a VO? One cannot use an outlier case to describe the normal.

Like I said before, each case is taken on its own merit. Once the DLI is satisfied that you qualify for admission, the VO has no jurisdiction to be requesting your transcripts or marksheets, unless you have gotten the VO involved in the matter in the first place. Articulating the connection previous studies and work experience does not require academic transcripts. Done this too many times without it (academic transcripts) and have received many visa approvals, you have done only yours.

Congratulations on your PPR.

All the best in Canada.

Omofar

Reactions: Alwayssuccessful!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

You cannot use an exception as a generalization. Now we can do a simple experiment here. Of all those besides yourself who have received their PPR on this thread, how many of them were interviewed by a VO? One cannot use an outlier case to describe the normal.

Like I said before, each case is taken on its own merit. Once the DLI is satisfied that you qualify for admission, the VO has no jurisdiction to be requesting your transcripts or marksheets, unless you have gotten the VO involved in the matter in the first place. Articulating the connection previous studies and work experience does not require academic transcripts. Done this too many times without it (academic transcripts) and have received many visa approvals, you have done only yours.

All the best in Canada.

Omofar
Its not exception to generalization, it is requirement ( beyond basic requirement ). and did you just say VO has no jurisdiction to be requesting transcripts and previous marksheet?? You must be joking Mr. Consultant. Doing it too many times without it doesn't take away their jurisdiction to ask for any documents they need to make final determination. Why dont you just pass this, get over it, hide and do your research before giving more misinformation?? All i see is speculation.. can you give any proof that take away VO jurisdiction to request transcripts and previous marksheet? You need to read Instrument of Designation and Delegation updated in Jan 2021 and Ministerial Instructions. Oooh i forgot, that was your last reply to my post, rain check!

Oct 31, 2021
Hi,

All the best in Canada.

Omofar
My brother, I understand you are very knowledgeable about the process . But I will tell you to the best of my knowledge and from experience with ircc they always want to know if the applicant is a genuine candidate. Using school results and transcripts helps or gives you an edge in the application process .The standard procedure with ircc for many many years as been like that. I have many friends that were interviewed as well, mind you am talking about 15 years ago. My initial question in the tread was not for me, it is for my brother. Am not an applicant as this point, but I was searching for an answer for my brother that brought me here.
You are doing a great job in the tread by guiding a lot of applicants and am glad the tread is reliable.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My brother, I understand you are very knowledgeable about the process . But I will tell you to the best of my knowledge and from experience with ircc they always want to know if the applicant is a genuine candidate. Using school results and transcripts helps or gives you an edge in the application process .The standard procedure with ircc for many many years as been like that. I have many friends that were interviewed as well, mind you am talking about 15 years ago. My initial question in the tread was not for me, it is for my brother. Am not an applicant as this point, but I was searching for an answer for my brother that brought me here.
You are doing a great job in the tread by guiding a lot of applicants and am glad the tread is reliable.
Yes. There are many but this is one of the legitimate test for genuine applicant. I have read one of the applicant from visa free country was asked about previous transcripts at POE before issuing SP. Its not only by the CIC officers, CBSA have authority to request if they need to.

Below link other Poster received official letter from IRCC for Previous Transcript
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-please-request-letter-from-ircc-for-education-transcripts.729077/

Reactions: omohammed.lanre