+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oct 31, 2021
Yes. There are many but this is one of the legitimate test for genuine applicant. I have read one of the applicant from visa free country was asked about previous transcripts at POE before issuing SP. Its not only by the CIC officers, CBSA have authority to request if they need to.

Below link other Poster received official letter from IRCC for Previous Transcript
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-please-request-letter-from-ircc-for-education-transcripts.729077/
Just to add. When you are extending your students permit inside Canada cic usually will ask you for current transcript and also if you are applying to bring your spouse or dependents you will need to provide current transcript. Great information in the thread. Really appreciate you all.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just to add. When you are extending your students permit inside Canada cic usually will ask you for current transcript and also if you are applying to bring your spouse or dependents you will need to provide current transcript. Great information in the thread. Really appreciate you all.
Thanks Mo. Lots of guidelines have been changed recently, especially after compliances issues from certain countries. In fact people are not aware of some of these recent changes. Things like, you cannot change your DLI if you are not active students or you cannot change it from outside of Canada. Before, you can get SP from University, and change to cheap College for 2 years and get 3years PGWP, but that was changed this May. Its always good to read these new policies, guidelines and Jurisprudential determination to keep informed if you have interest in Immigration matter!! Judicial Review decisions is another interesting area to read the cases....

KennyJ

Oct 14, 2021
Please, i had my upfront medicals yesterday though i already applied for my study permit on Oct 7, 2021. I collected an e-medical form after the medical test. Am i required to use webform to upload it and if yes, kindly assist me with the webform link please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dpaul4505

May 26, 2021
Hi Greetings to everyone, I had a refusal yesterday for my study permit and reason is that the VO isn’t satisfied with the reason why a third party is sponsoring my education (even tho I added my own personal account with over 9,000 CAD for living expenses). So the agent that did the application said I should pay the tuition fee and reapply immediately (my admission is still intact and I can defer to may 2022 if there’s a delay) please what can I do in this case, I’m working on ordering a GMCS note also.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Greetings to everyone, I had a refusal yesterday for my study permit and reason is that the VO isn’t satisfied with the reason why a third party is sponsoring my education (even tho I added my own personal account with over 9,000 CAD for living expenses). So the agent that did the application said I should pay the tuition fee and reapply immediately (my admission is still intact and I can defer to may 2022 if there’s a delay) please what can I do in this case, I’m working on ordering a GMCS note also.
Best way is to order gcms notes to familiarize reasons. In some cases, they can decline your application if you have attained age of majority, completed a degree and you are deemed to be independent to have your own source of fund. Exception can be if your employer is financing your education and or spouse. Normally they are now looking at proof of 1 year tuition fee+ Housing+Cost of Living CAD 10,000 for single applicant. Housing item was added from last year i guess....

Holarjoseph

Sep 3, 2021
Please, i had my upfront medicals yesterday though i already applied for my study permit on Oct 7, 2021. I collected an e-medical form after the medical test. Am i required to use webform to upload it and if yes, kindly assist me with the webform link please.

Thanks in anticipation.
I also submitted my application on oct 5, 2021. I wish the both on us good luck

Dpaul4505

May 26, 2021
Best way is to order gcms notes to familiarize reasons. In some cases, they can decline your application if you have attained age of majority, completed a degree and you are deemed to be independent to have your own source of fund. Exception can be if your employer is financing your education and or spouse. Normally they are now looking at proof of 1 year tuition fee+ Housing+Cost of Living CAD 10,000 for single applicant. Housing item was added from last year i guess....

Thanks for this insight, I’m 24 and I’m in my last year in the university studying microbiology (currently own my business). I have those expenses available but I don’t know the best way to present it (Maybe I should make it self-sponsored or any other method that’s the best). Someone advised that I should find a way to get the money to my mum and then she can send it back to me as payment for my school fee and living expenses, then pay half of the school fee directly in the bank and keep the remaining in my account (I’ll tender all the transactions receipts and my statement of account) or perhaps have my immediate sister in Canada apply for loan and use the document for the application if that would convince them. Like I said I’m working on the GMCS notes to make sure I address all the issues they pointed out. I believe God can make it happen the second time

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for this insight, I’m 24 and I’m in my last year in the university studying microbiology (currently own my business). I have those expenses available but I don’t know the best way to present it (Maybe I should make it self-sponsored or any other method that’s the best). Someone advised that I should find a way to get the money to my mum and then she can send it back to me as payment for my school fee and living expenses, then pay half of the school fee directly in the bank and keep the remaining in my account (I’ll tender all the transactions receipts and my statement of account) or perhaps have my immediate sister in Canada apply for loan and use the document for the application if that would convince them. Like I said I’m working on the GMCS notes to make sure I address all the issues they pointed out. I believe God can make it happen the second time
Best way is to wait for the gmcs notes before taking next course of action, if time allows

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja

Thanks in anticipation.
Just google ircc webform

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good evening from Nigeria @Omofar and the goog people of this forum. Hope you all are well?

A friend of mine is at a crossroad. Her study permit has been approved but she used a LOA from University of Saskatchewan but intend to transfer to another school. The tuition is kinda high for her.

Pls has anyone done anything like this and what's the process. This is urgent.

Thanks in advance.