+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Gabus

Aug 8, 2019
i want to pay for my study permit online application on CIC website, but the system keeps declining my card payment.
i was trying to use USD - VISA CARD from GTB, but it always decline, anyone with useful information about the card that work?

Gabus

Aug 8, 2019
Hello Ohmgee,

I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread.

If you are confident that the VO abused his authority while reviewing your application and took an arbitrary decision to refuse your application contrary to the facts presented and you are sure your application was in order, I would encourage you to get a good Canadian lawyer and appeal the decision, if you can afford it.

Just in case of next time, it is not a wise advise to have applied with your kids, they would have served as your ties to your home country. You get your permit first, then put in their own application, under such circumstances, due to human right to family life, they would not have refused your children as they have a right to be with their mother who will be studying in Canada.

Finally, you can just find an agent who knows what they are doing to help you re-evaluate the decision and then re-apply and present a case that shows that the initial decision of the VO was wrong.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello Ohmgee,

I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread.

If you are confident that the VO abused his authority while reviewing your application and took an arbitrary decision to refuse your application contrary to the facts presented and you are sure your application was in order, I would encourage you to get a good Canadian lawyer and appeal the decision, if you can afford it.

Just in case of next time, it is not a wise advise to have applied with your kids, they would have served as your ties to your home country. You get your permit first, then put in their own application, under such circumstances, due to human right to family life, they would not have refused your children as they have a right to be with their mother who will be studying in Canada.

Finally, you can just find an agent who knows what they are doing to help you re-evaluate the decision and then re-apply and present a case that shows that the initial decision of the VO was wrong.

All the best.

Omofar
Please can some one tell me the bank card that works on the cic online payment, i have been trying to use GTB- VISA USD card, it just Decline everytime.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please can some one tell me the bank card that works on the cic online payment, i have been trying to use GTB- VISA USD card, it just Decline everytime.
Hi,

Hope well. If you are using any of GTBank's USD-Denominated cards and it is not working, then it is most likely the funds on the card are insufficient. Furthermore, they always send an email to explain why the transaction was declined, so check your email. I use a GTBank- USD denominated MasterCard and it has never failed any international online transaction. Visa has more acceptance than MC, so it should work. Finally, you can mail cardservices@gtbank.com, they will sort you out.

All the best.

Omofar

Gabus

Aug 8, 2019
Hi,

Hope well. If you are using any of GTBank's USD-Denominated cards and it is not working, then it is most likely the funds on the card are insufficient. Furthermore, they always send an email to explain why the transaction was declined, so check your email. I use a GTBank- USD denominated MasterCard and it has never failed any international online transaction. Visa has more acceptance than MC, so it should work. Finally, you can mail cardservices@gtbank.com, they will sort you out.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you for your response, I called the bank and i was told the card was not activated, The old card expired in march and it was renewed, i was told i did not have to reactivate it since it was renewal. but they already assured me they are going to activate it in the next hour, so i am waiting. Again, thank you very much.

Reactions: Omofar

Duakkie

Jan 10, 2020
I submitted my application 1st April , Got NSE request which I responded with a waiver as I am yet to right IELTS.
Please When should I request from GCMS .

as I will like to be updated .
@Omofar

Smilingdiddy

May 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I got the NSE request but in my case I was only asked to provide mybankstatement. Only thing bothering me is that the proof of funds has only been in my account since February and not up to six months, I heard 3 months is acceptable but it has been bothering me. Kindly share your opinion Omafor.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I got the NSE request but in my case I was only asked to provide mybankstatement. Only thing bothering me is that the proof of funds has only been in my account since February and not up to six months, I heard 3 months is acceptable but it has been bothering me. Kindly share your opinion Omafor.
Hi Smilingdiddy,

Hope well. Being offered to take the NSE route is not a guarantee that your application will be approved, whether you submit all the documents requested or not. Now that being said, what will it cost you to submit what you have? I would submit whatever mybankstatement available and hope for the best that your application is approved when considered objectively and holistically.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application 1st April , Got NSE request which I responded with a waiver as I am yet to right IELTS.
Please When should I request from GCMS .

as I will like to be updated .
@Omofar
Hi, Duakkie,

Hope well. Please note that when it comes to Canadian study permit application, *WAITING* is the name of the game. You must learn to *WAIT*.

Making all efforts to speed up the process is useless, Canadian embassy officials take life easy, so no amount of mailing, GCMS request and what not can speed up the process.

All the best.

Omofar

Vicky_7

Dec 10, 2020
Hi Vicky_7,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

I would recommend you take it all one step after the other. You cannot be talking about visa application when you are yet to get an offer of admission to study. This tells me you are yet to do any background research on your own, and this could get you into trouble. I would suggest you go to page 155 of this thread and arm your self with some much required information that will help you plan for your study permit when the time comes.

Wish you all the best.

Omofar
Hello Omofar,
I appreciate the feedback. I guess I didn't clarify the fact that I have already received admission for winter 2022 intake at the university of winnipeg PACE to study a post grad diploma course.
I am however concerned about the fact that I am currently unemployed and would appreciate advice on how to tackle this when putting in my application for the study permit.

I would appreciate any advice you have for me. Thanks

Smilingdiddy

May 17, 2021
Hi Smilingdiddy,

Hope well. Being offered to take the NSE route is not a guarantee that your application will be approved, whether you submit all the documents requested or not. Now that being said, what will it cost you to submit what you have? I would submit whatever mybankstatement available and hope for the best that your application is approved when considered objectively and holistically.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Thanks Omofar, this is quite encouraging

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar,
I appreciate the feedback. I guess I didn't clarify the fact that I have already received admission for winter 2022 intake at the university of winnipeg PACE to study a post grad diploma course.
I am however concerned about the fact that I am currently unemployed and would appreciate advice on how to tackle this when putting in my application for the study permit.

I would appreciate any advice you have for me. Thanks
Hi Vicky_7,

Good to know. Congratulations on getting into that program, I remember it, it is a Joint program run between UoM and UoW. Wishing you all the best with it. Is it funded or you have to pay for it yourself?

Anyway, I still strongly recommend you take time out to read through page 155 of this thread, it will really help you with your application. Everything you need to know is there, if there are now any specific questions you have then you may let me know.

All the best.

Omofar

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does anyone know if ircc are still processing NSE (Nigeria student express) application??
Or it’s the normal processing now

Vicky_7

Dec 10, 2020
Hi Vicky_7,

Good to know. Congratulations on getting into that program, I remember it, it is a Joint program run between UoM and UoW. Wishing you all the best with it. Is it funded or you have to pay for it yourself?

Anyway, I still strongly recommend you take time out to read through page 155 of this thread, it will really help you with your application. Everything you need to know is there, if there are now any specific questions you have then you may let me know.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you. My parents will serve as my sponsors.

I have reviewed page 155 of the thread. It's insightful but nothing specific to my situation.

My profile Is rather complex because I have been unemployed for almost a year. How do you suggest I tackle this issue as one of the reasons for refusals is 'current employment status'