+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

IYKE PETERS

Nov 12, 2016
Did you already have a complete application before you got this refusal? Or you still don’t have biometrics and medical by then?
That application was for last year i did biometric but didnt do medicals ..that was the respond i got from the Gcms note i order.

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
How can i tackle this statement frm visa offce ...........

"I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's Incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly ..please how do i go about it.....

Ok,I'm 31 years of age , i graduated from the university 2015, my course of study Political science and public administration , i applied for study permit to Australia and USA ,also canada but they all refuse me visa .the course and program was Post Graduate Diploma in Administrative business management that was in 2019..i applied again to same school this year with a different course which is Human resource management, and am currently working with a Fedral goverment agency in my home country and my job description is under, Administrative Human resource management in my agency . It was my uncle that sponsored me in my previous application but this time i want to sponsor myself .Hope am in the right course ?
Please what date did you get this response from the VO

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
When i reapply to the school the administrative course was not available and am working under human resource department in my agency that was why i choose the course..my GPA for bsc is low so i cant apply for masters
Ok. Then you need a strong SOP were you will explain in details. Then we all know 99% of us seeking admission in Canada is for immigration purposes, have you considered low tier schools that consider last 2 years of bachelors if up to 70% for masters program? Unless your last 2 years or last 60 Credit load isn't up to 70%. Wish you all the best, in all strong SOP and SOE can do the magic.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How can i tackle this statement frm visa offce ...........

"I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's Incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly ..please how do i go about it.....

Ok,I'm 31 years of age , i graduated from the university 2015, my course of study Political science and public administration , i applied for study permit to Australia and USA ,also canada but they all refuse me visa .the course and program was Post Graduate Diploma in Administrative business management that was in 2019..i applied again to same school this year with a different course which is Human resource management, and am currently working with a Fedral goverment agency in my home country and my job description is under, Administrative Human resource management in my agency . It was my uncle that sponsored me in my previous application but this time i want to sponsor myself .Hope am in the right course ?
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread. You may want to consider another approach because not going to Canada now is not the end of the world, so don't stress yourself out.

You still have a decent age and appropriate work experience. Consider a Masters in the UK or Europe, its easier to get in there. Let's say you start in September 2020 and finish up June 2022. You will be 33 then, with your work experience and the masters you can apply for Express Entry from which ever country you are doing your masters from. You primary objective for now should be how to legally find your way out of Nigeria.

Cheers.

Omofar

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello, please guys i need clarification, i have submitted my Visa application online since 6th june, in june 7th i received biometrics request letter ever since then no information from the embassy again and my school is disturbing me for fees payment and to register my course online. I just email the international unit of the school to differ my admission. Please will this affect my Visa application?

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
hello, please my study visa application status has been show 'Not Applicable' for Background check for more than one week, is this a bad sign? Submitted my application in the 2nd week of july.

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
No pl
Hello, please guys i need clarification, i have submitted my Visa application online since 6th june, in june 7th i received biometrics request letter ever since then no information from the embassy again and my school is disturbing me for fees payment and to register my course online. I just email the international unit of the school to differ my admission. Please will this affect my Visa application?
[/QUOTE
No please all you need is to upload your new LOA through webform when the school send it to you

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
all
hello, please my study visa application status has been show 'Not Applicable' for Background check for more than one week, is this a bad sign? Submitted my application in the 2nd week of july.
all you need to do is to upload your new LOA through webform

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
Ties to home county: I told the VO that I will be coming back to my family, I shared passport page of my children and husband's international passport (Some were already expired). Showed a bond letter that I will be returning back to my current employment after my studies.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello Goathead,

Waiting.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello @Omofar
Thanks for your advise on web form. I got confirmation about four days later.

I need your advise on my study permit application.
I applied online on July 21, 2020.
Got biometric request letter same day.
I am yet to do medical as I have not got medical request letter. Do you advise I do upfront medical?
Also, I have not heard from IRCC since. My status says eligibility review in progress, background "not applicable". My Program starts in May2021. Kindly advise