+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
Hello @Omofar
Thanks for your advise on web form. I got confirmation about four days later.

I need your advise on my study permit application.
I applied online on July 21, 2020.
Got biometric request letter same day.
I am yet to do medical as I have not got medical request letter. Do you advise I do upfront medical?
Also, I have not heard from IRCC since. My status says eligibility review in progress, background "not applicable". My Program starts in May2021. Kindly advise
Hi, please go ahead and do upfront medical. i did upfront medical and surprisingly, i noticed that it was uploaded on my application without even notifying them that I had done upfront medical.

Reactions: Omofar

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hello @Omofar
Thanks for your advise on web form. I got confirmation about four days later.

I need your advise on my study permit application.
I applied online on July 21, 2020.
Got biometric request letter same day.
I am yet to do medical as I have not got medical request letter. Do you advise I do upfront medical?
Also, I have not heard from IRCC since. My status says eligibility review in progress, background "not applicable". My Program starts in May2021. Kindly advise
Wait for IRCC to send you a medical request form, so as not to make it complicated for you and for them (i.e. if go now and do an upfront medicals you will need to use the web form for submission). Then It's no longer a straight forward work for them. Just try to exercise some patients. I was almost in a similar situation, i.e. I waited for about 2 months+ before I got my med. request.

Just an opinion.

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello, please which embassy is responsible for online application from Nigeria, i need to send a web form

Last edited:

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hello, please which embassy is responsible for online application from Nigeria, i need to send a web form
Send a mail to cpc-ctd-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, with the subject as 'Visa Office - Enquiry' in this format:

'Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know the Visa office where my Study Permit application (Sxxxxxxxxxx) is being processed?

My credentials are:
Application number: Sxxxxxxxxx
UCI: 1xxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth:
Last Name Principal Applicant:
First Name Principal Applicant:

Thank you.
Regards.'

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020
Just send whatever info you intend to send via the web form. They will communicate with you after passing your message across and let you know the responsible office for your case and how you can reach them

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Wait for IRCC to send you a medical request form, so as not to make it complicated for you and for them (i.e. if go now and do an upfront medicals you will need to use the web form for submission). Then It's no longer a straight forward work for them. Just try to exercise some patients. I was almost in a similar situation, i.e. I waited for about 2 months+ before I got my med. request.

Just an opinion.
Thanks. But when did you apply and for which commencement period and are you in Nigeria

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
congratulations.

can you kindly share the content of the letter??
Was there a heading that says approval? Because i also got a letter today saying my application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
The letter you got is Approval in Principle. So, you are in the same boat as the fellow who posted details of his/her letter. You can start online classes with your letter. You will only receive final approval when your requirements are completely provided.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Thank you
Lol, they have their email account set on responding with a generic automatic response to applicants. Omofar is right, patience is key... driving us nuts but it's definitely key. They don't even respond to their webforms anymore due to the immense backlog they have. Most likely due to fact that they have to meet their quota for the September 15th 2020 deadline for AIPs.

Reactions: Omofar

Ontariogirl

Sep 7, 2019
Hello people!!!

Please I want to ask a question with regard to pending study permit and starting studies in Canada

IRCC says for all applications sent in before September 15th, we can start studies pending approval, and the studies will count towards post graduate work permit

I applied since June 12, and I'm yet to get a response from them. My semester starts 9th September, and I am thinking of proceeding instead of deferring

What do you guys think? The school also says its okay to start before approval comes in.

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello people!!!

Please I want to ask a question with regard to pending study permit and starting studies in Canada

IRCC says for all applications sent in before September 15th, we can start studies pending approval, and the studies will count towards post graduate work permit

I applied since June 12, and I'm yet to get a response from them. My semester starts 9th September, and I am thinking of proceeding instead of deferring

What do you guys think? The school also says its okay to start before approval comes in.
This whole thing is really complicating as nobody knows if ircc is going to still refuse the visa after their AIP,but if u still wish to go ahead make sure you receive AIP ,so that if anything goes wrong you can request a refund from your school. Just be patient and wait for AIP before you proceed